Page 306 of 827 FirstFirst ... 206256296302303304305306307308309310316356406806 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by obatalla View Post
    This episode was an improvement overy the last few ...still don't like them taking heroes and making them villians...there had to be a way the writers could have handled this differently.
    The original Dr. Light was a villain. And Linda Park is not the Dr. Light who was a hero. So they didn't actually do that this time.

Sandy Hausler

EDIT: Sorry. I see someone else already made this point.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder if Wells is going to betray the team to Zoom in order to save his daughter, since she's in Zoom's clutches? A part of me actually thought Wells' daughter might turn out to be Earth-2 Joan and that's part of why Jay and Wells hate each other, but that's probably not where the show is going with her.
    I believe that his Wells-2's daughter is going to be Jesse Quick.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    The original Dr. Light was a villain. And Linda Park is not the Dr. Light who was a hero. So they didn't actually do that this time.

Sandy Hausler

EDIT: Sorry. I see someone else already made this point.
    No, they just pulled a lame bait and switch. It was extremely disappointing, especially since the actual villainous Dr. Light has already been namedropped in this continuity before.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    No, they just pulled a lame bait and switch. It was extremely disappointing, especially since the actual villainous Dr. Light has already been namedropped in this continuity before.
    For what it's worth, while I would've preferred a heroic Kimiyo or an actual evil male Dr. Light to appear after that namedrop a while back, I think having it be Linda worked for the episode.

I think her actress did a fairly good job of depicting a Supervillain and differentiating between the two dopplegangers, which was the main point of the episode, and it was nice to have Linda be more involved in the story. She also looked pretty good in that costume .

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    And maybe he'll turn up at some point.

Sandy Hausler

Incredible Member

So Jay has a friend from Atlantis. Was that an Aquaman reference by chance? (He did say Atlantis was above water, though.)

Yeah, so I guess Earth-2 has an Aquaman .

Though it does have me curious as to what other heroes there are on Earth-2...and if we might ever see them. Be awesome if Jay eventually references Alan Scott or an older Earth-2 version of Ted Grant or even any of other classic JSA heroes. I wonder if the DCTVU could get away with using Earth-2 versions of characters that are off-limits because of the movies, like Green Lantern?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

I have only one issue with this season. Cait should have grieved for a while before developing uncontrollable sweats for Jay. After that, I can live with everything else.
    it was six months. not like it was the very next day or anything.

BANNED

I wonder if the DCTVU could get away with using Earth-2 versions of characters that are off-limits because of the movies, like Green Lantern?
    I dunno. Crisis On Infinite Earths seems like a logical movie adaptation, but prolly not until JL III or so, so 10-15 years out.

Mighty Member

Yeah, so I guess Earth-2 has an Aquaman .

Though it does have me curious as to what other heroes there are on Earth-2...and if we might ever see them. Be awesome if Jay eventually references Alan Scott or an older Earth-2 version of Ted Grant or even any of other classic JSA heroes. I wonder if the DCTVU could get away with using Earth-2 versions of characters that are off-limits because of the movies, like Green Lantern?
    That was a cool reference to Aquaman, I was wondering the same thing too. If we're gonna see E2 heroes. I hope so. It would fun to see Barry team up with them.

I thought this was a great episode. I liked the interaction with "Harry" and Team Flash. I was rollin' when Wells called Cisco “Crisco"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post

And I wonder why Zoom isn't coming in directly to 'kill' the Flash? Is he that busy on E2?

(Or maybe it's about something else - relating to his powers).
    Maybe the speedforce only works if you are in the right universe.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    And I wonder why Zoom isn't coming in directly to 'kill' the Flash? Is he that busy on E2?
    I assume it's because he realizes that Flash is more powerful than him, at least on Earth-1. It could be that the BReachers are just intended to wear him down and that Zoom doesn't really expect them to be able to kill Barry. Or maybe he's trying to get Barry worked up enough that he goes after Zoom on Earth-2, where Zoom would have the advantage.

On a side note, I'm not terribly conversant with the comic version of Zoom, but the whole "There can be only one speedster" shtick actually sounds more like Savitar to me.

Astonishing Member

The fight with Light was truly annoying. Just another forget your powers to try a stupid trick. If Barry could do the afterimage trick, he could have just punched here in the head. Dumb, dumb.

I wish they would try to avoid PIS and CIS.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The fight with Light was truly annoying. Just another forget your powers to try a stupid trick. If Barry could do the afterimage trick, he could have just punched here in the head. Dumb, dumb.

I wish they would try to avoid PIS and CIS.
    Except punching a physically unenhanced human in the head at hundreds of mph would splatter that person's brain and skull all over the nearest wall(s), definitely killing him or her, and Barry pretty explicitly didn't want to kill Doctor Light.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I've enjoyed this season so far (well, aside for the majority of last week's episode) but this one really kicked things up a notch. Amazing what having Tom Kavanagh interacting with the rest of the cast can do!

And, is it just me, or is Zoom pretty much Savatar with a new name in terms of MO. Stealing the speed of others to make himself the ultimate speedster... hmmm, sounds familiar...
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.