Page 309 of 827 FirstFirst ... 209259299305306307308309310311312313319359409809 ... LastLast
Results 4,621 to 4,635 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Huh? I know some people have opined that Wells's daughter will be Jesse Quick, but I have seen nothing that supports that. Am I missing something?

Sandy Hausler
    http://www.latino-review.com/news/th...ts-jesse-quick

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I'm hoping that during the season finale of DC's LoT Captain Cold and Heatwave double cross the team or just slip away to form the Rogues in Flash season 3. Like you said, they really can't have a new speedster villain every season. Plus the individual Rogues shouldn't be a major threat for Barry one on one. But as a team they can give him problems. Especially if Mirror Master shows up. Though we saw him cowering behind a truck when fighting Dr. Light. When he could have easily run up behind her and knocked her out in the time it takes her to generate that solar flare move.
    it still seems odd that Cold and Heatwave who are murderers in this continuity are chosen to be on LoT. Obviously it's Geoff Johns wanting his favorite villain to be in as many shows as possible.
    I don't know...Pied Piper pretty much had Flash beat until Wells intervened, and without the Weather Wand I'm not sure how well Barry would do against Weather Wizard if he fought him one-on-one (especially since the one time he beat him, it wasn't even a fight). Rainbow Raider he beat while teaming up with Arrow, because of how well his solo attempt at stopping him went.

Trickster and Captain Boomerang, on their own, he was at least a little better against. And he actually did beat Grodd on his own, even if it was only because Grodd didn't see the train coming towards them .

So yeah, maybe it's a good thing we're getting a lot more Speedsters this season because I have little confidence in Barry fighting the Rogues, complete, on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know...Pied Piper pretty much had Flash beat until Wells intervened, and without the Weather Wand I'm not sure how well Barry would do against Weather Wizard if he fought him one-on-one (especially since the one time he beat him, it wasn't even a fight). Rainbow Raider he beat while teaming up with Arrow, because of how well his solo attempt at stopping him went.

Trickster and Captain Boomerang, on their own, he was at least a little better against. And he actually did beat Grodd on his own, even if it was only because Grodd didn't see the train coming towards them .

So yeah, maybe it's a good thing we're getting a lot more Speedsters this season because I have little confidence in Barry fighting the Rogues, complete, on his own.
    In season 1 Barry not being able to beat a non-speedster on his own could be chalked up to his inexperience. but it's getting harder to believe as the series goes on. i had to roll my eyes at Flash having that much trouble with Dr. Light during their second fight. at super speed she should be a statue to him. he could hit her way before she could charge up for another solar flare attack. the guy had just caught four bullets with his bare hands. by season 3 i really hope they don't write Barry as that incompetent and inexperienced. after beating Reverse-Flash and Zoom a guy with a cold gun should be no problem. the only one i can see giving him problems is Mirror Master since he can create infinite holograms of himself and jump in and out of reflective surfaces. which is why i'm really looking forward to him showing up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    at super speed she should be a statue to him.

the only one i can see giving him problems is
    24 episodes per season where only one guy can give him problems is gonna make for a boring and short-lived TV show.

A guy who can break the light barrier should never have any challenges. He's traveling faster than even the electrical signals in his own brain. If the audience starts thinking too hard about "this fight isn't realistic" or "this villain shouldn't be a challenge" then they are inevitably going to be disappointed.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Huh? I know some people have opined that Wells's daughter will be Jesse Quick, but I have seen nothing that supports that. Am I missing something?

Sandy Hausler
    The actress who was announced to be playing Jesse Quick was on this weeks episode as Harrison Well's daughter on Earth-2. It's possible that the Earth-2 version will be his daughter and the Earth-1 version won't be, but there hasn't been anything to indicate that.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    24 episodes per season where only one guy can give him problems is gonna make for a boring and short-lived TV show.

A guy who can break the light barrier should never have any challenges. He's traveling faster than even the electrical signals in his own brain. If the audience starts thinking too hard about "this fight isn't realistic" or "this villain shouldn't be a challenge" then they are inevitably going to be disappointed.
    I agree to a point. This is a comic book show with comic booky stuff.

But the more this happens, the more viewers will see this sort of PIS/CIS (I'm honestly not sure which of these it is more) and inevitably be disappointed anyway in the inconsistent showings. It would be like a Hulk show in which the Hulk initially gets stymied by street level fighters every episode.

I'm trying to overlook much of what happens with the villain of the week because the real plot has to do with his much more powerful arch enemies down the line as well as what happens with his supporting cast (some of whom are really good characters).
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by spyderbytes View Post
    The actress who was announced to be playing Jesse Quick was on this weeks episode as Harrison Well's daughter on Earth-2. It's possible that the Earth-2 version will be his daughter and the Earth-1 version won't be, but there hasn't been anything to indicate that.
    Now that's an interesting thought. If there IS an E-1 version of Welles daughter, Reverse-Flash would have murdered her father and assumed his identity when she was a child. Bet her upbringing's been fun.

Of course, it's probably not been much more fun for E-2 Jess, being raised by Dr. Douche.

BANNED

he's so mean

I love it

Retired

I don't find that the top-rated shows on the big networks adhere to sane plotting, so I think the bar is set pretty low for your average series. I'd say that comic book fana are much harder on their shows than regular viewers. Maybe because comic book fans are part of a community that has memorized all the tropes and they seem to think it's a flaw in a series when they spot those tropes. Actually, it just means that these viewers are more perceptive and attentive to those kinds of things than regular viewers. Should a comic book series really be held to a higher standard just because it has such a detail-oriented inner fan-base?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't find that the top-rated shows on the big networks adhere to sane plotting, so I think the bar is set pretty low for your average series. I'd say that comic book fana are much harder on their shows than regular viewers. Maybe because comic book fans are part of a community that has memorized all the tropes and they seem to think it's a flaw in a series when they spot those tropes. Actually, it just means that these viewers are more perceptive and attentive to those kinds of things than regular viewers. Should a comic book series really be held to a higher standard just because it has such a detail-oriented inner fan-base?
    no it shouldn't, fans need to take it down a notch

a show is not beholden to YOU

This may have been my favorite ep of the series so far (Family of Rogues comes close). The writers were on fire this week with the fun dialogue and Valdes, Gustin, Cavanaugh and the actress who plays Patty all killed it, especially comedy-wise. That first scene at Jitters where Patty overhears "time travel" was a lot of fun, and I'm glad they finally got a love interest who a) has good chemistry with GG and b) isn't a regular castmember on a different show. "Harry" is pretty much what I expected: a good guy overall but possibly with some dark secrets and I'm glad they kept Cavanaugh around for S2.

I don't have much of a problem with what they did with Jay. I'm sure having him overcome his fear will be part of his character arc. I'm not a huge fan of that actor, though--his Earth Two scene was a bit iffy. Love seeing the mix of old and new tech on Earth Two and looking forward to seeing Jesse Quick in action. Having Dr. Light be the E2 Linda was a nice touch and gave that actress something interesting to do but a part of me is disappointed that it isn't Kimiyo Hoshi. Also, I really thought that the first Breacher that we "knew" was going to be Killer Frost, so now I'm less sure that it'll play out that way.
    Last edited by areacode212; 11-07-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Anyone catch Tom Cavanagh's appearance as Harrison Wells on Robot Chicken last week? That was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You mentioning Ted has me thinking how awesome it would be to have Starman in the DCTVU, and get to see Jack (and his costume would be so easy to adapt to boot!). And now I'm wondering what The Mist has been up to ever since his escape...
    It really would be awesome to see Jack, but since he's mostly a 90's character and a lot of what DC is doing now is Post-Flashpoint, I won't hold my breath. But a Starman, I could definitely see.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Look for Jay and Jesse to have powers by the end of the season, and only their combined powers take Zoom down.
    Possibly. Barry needed Arrow and Firestorm for Reverse Flash, I could see him asking for help with Zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    So, we have speedster villains in both S1 and S2 (Assuming Zoom is using speed force - even if he isn't, I think we can classify him as a speedster).

Who would you guys like to see for S3? I think it would be hard to top S1 and S2 - Especially because the speedsters are among the most powerful, and it's hard to come up with a credible threat.s from other characters..hmm, who would be a good fit? A credible threat for Flash. Perhaps someone who can play mind games with Flash?
    Going along with what I said about Barry needing help, if there's another speedster in season 3 (Savitar would be the best bet), maybe he'd be a challenge in that Barry would finally have to face him alone. I would like to see a break from speedsters, and a full Rogues Gallery (especially with Mirror Master as a big gun) would be a credible threat.

Or they could use Abra Kadabra and have another time travel arc (go one step further than season one, though, have Flash himself traveling to other times, maybe).

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Anyone catch Tom Cavanagh's appearance as Harrison Wells on Robot Chicken last week? That was fun.
    The whole spoof of the CW was fun.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

It really would be awesome to see Jack, but since he's mostly a 90's character and a lot of what DC is doing now is Post-Flashpoint, I won't hold my breath. But a Starman, I could definitely see.

Possibly. Barry needed Arrow and Firestorm for Reverse Flash, I could see him asking for help with Zoom.

Going along with what I said about Barry needing help, if there's another speedster in season 3 (Savitar would be the best bet), maybe he'd be a challenge in that Barry would finally have to face him alone. I would like to see a break from speedsters, and a full Rogues Gallery (especially with Mirror Master as a big gun) would be a credible threat.

Or they could use Abra Kadabra and have another time travel arc (go one step further than season one, though, have Flash himself traveling to other times, maybe).
    LoT will be doing that - Mcdonough confirmed that he will make an appearance as his earlier self (the team will go back to 70s and see a more ideal Dahrk working with League of Assassins).

I think that GA might get a little tired of speedsters (especially in S3). They should wait at least a season, unless they can really put a spin to it.

I was just thinking -

What would you guys think about Barry going back in time again?

They were a lot of speculations about S2 being a Flashpoint like universe - where Barry chose to save his mom. But, what if we get something like that this season?

(Let's say - Zoom kills someone very close to Barry - Joe or Henry would do).
    Last edited by Triple J; 11-07-2015 at 05:47 PM.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

I can only see Barry willing to go back in time again under extreme or dire circumstances, considering how well the last time he went back ended up and all the potential for something to go completely wrong if he messes with the past.

Losing someone important to him to Zoom could make him desperate enough to try it again, but likely with consequences if he goes through with it.

Yeah, the Robot Chicken sketch was awesome, as was hearing Tom Cavanaugh as Wells. I'm sure Amell and Valdez would've reprised Arrow and Cisco as well if they could have .

And the wink and nod to all the DC creator street names of the DCTVU gave me a good laugh .