Page 401 of 827 FirstFirst ... 301351391397398399400401402403404405411451501 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,015 of 12392
    Spectacular Member

I'm still a little fuzzy on how Barry would still have memories of having actually gone back and made the timeline change, and if not wouldn't the series in essence be starting over from scratch. Also, I think there would be little change to the world except what happened to Central City because it was largely due to Barry's presence as the Flash. Basically, I don't see the explosion happening at all with the change. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out and am avidly looking forward to the season.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Filament View Post
    I'm still a little fuzzy on how Barry would still have memories of having actually gone back and made the timeline change, and if not wouldn't the series in essence be starting over from scratch. Also, I think there would be little change to the world except what happened to Central City because it was largely due to Barry's presence as the Flash. Basically, I don't see the explosion happening at all with the change. It will be interesting to see how this all turns out and am avidly looking forward to the season.
    Well just like with anyform of time travel it's not linear, its just wibbly woobly timey wimey stuff. Basically since Barry was the epicenter of the big change he is the last one to be effected by it, kind of like being in the eye of a tornado, you are fine even though things around you arnt
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

I liked how Wally kept on being offended when he was referred to as Kid-Flash.

Probably the weakest of the season premires for the series so far, but still had some enjoyable moments. I'd give it a B-.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Mighty Member

Why does Reverse Flash hate Barry so much? Has he ever given a reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post

In the comics yes. In the show, not so much. But hey, some people are just jerks I guess, XD.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLanternRanger View Post
    In the comics yes. In the show, not so much. But hey, some people are just jerks I guess, XD.
    Well, he is a time traveler, so maybe we'll find out in the future

Though does this mean that there's a reverse Flash now running around?

And damn, would it have been too much for the writers just to have Barry go back and stop himself from stopping Thawne?

Retired

I was really hoping for so much more than what we got from this episode. I think that it should have been at least two parts and things should have gotten really really bad. That would have been enjoyable in a perverse way, to see Barry going through so much suffering as the result of his changing the past.

Instead it felt very rushed and like the writers had to push him in the direction he needed to go for the plot, within the length of a single episode.

And now we have a Barry that's even worse than Oliver Queen--he's making god-like decisions about who lives and who dies. I would have rather that Barry just couldn't control any of it--that the timeline unravels on its own--or some time wraiths or time masters impose a fix on him--or Thawne escapes and follows through on his plans without Barry.

This loads up Barry with too too much guilt. A little guilt is okay, but Barry is put in the position of being a destructive, idiotic jerk. And he probably will never be made to fully answer for all his bad actions, because he's supposed to be the hero in this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I was really hoping for so much more than what we got from this episode. I think that it should have been at least two parts and things should have gotten really really bad. That would have been enjoyable in a perverse way, to see Barry going through so much suffering as the result of his changing the past.

Instead it felt very rushed and like the writers had to push him in the direction he needed to go for the plot, within the length of a single episode.

And now we have a Barry that's even worse than Oliver Queen--he's making god-like decisions about who lives and who dies. I would have rather that Barry just couldn't control any of it--that the timeline unravels on its own--or some time wraiths or time masters impose a fix on him--or Thawne escapes and follows through on his plans without Barry.

This loads up Barry with too too much guilt. A little guilt is okay, but Barry is put in the position of being a destructive, idiotic jerk. And he probably will never be made to fully answer for all his bad actions, because he's supposed to be the hero in this story.
    At first, yes, i wanted more than one episode but looks like that the season may consist of him slowly trying to bring back the original timeline? Cause Iris is in a different place where he is now. So this was just chapter one, there will be more stuff that is different and there will be more traveling to fix it.

weirdly I didn't actually think Flashpointverse was all that bad, in comparison to the normalverse. More of a mixed bag, some character's had better lives, some had worse, certainly not a living hell on the verge of destruction like in the comics. Which made me feel iffy about Barry's decision at the end, I doubt he actually valued Wally's life more than his parents. Caitlin seems ok, Cisco is more than ok, the Allens are alive and happy, could have done a better job making it seem nessessary to go back to his original timeline. Thawne was the best part of this. making Barry ask him to kill Nora was twisted even for him. Overall it wasn't bad but it wasn't a great first impression for the season.

I was really surprised we went through Flashpoint so quickly. I was expecting we'd at least get two or three more episodes here to let this timeline flesh itself out before Barry inevitably reverted things, but I wasn't expecting it to be a one-in-done. Then again, we're not really back to the "original" timeline, so it stands to reason there'll be at least a little more aftermath of Barry's time-travelling going forward.

Seeing Barry with his parents, alive and together, and then just having that ripped away from him...(Sigh) .

I really have to wonder what messed up Flashpoint!Joe's life so much to where he'd become a mess like that. Was it not raising Barry? Did something happen in this timeline regarding the Iris/Wally/Francine thing that distanced him from his kids? Wally still ended up being a street racer, so did he still have to pay for Francine's medical bills?

I wonder what happened to Flashpoint!Singh to where the CCPD had a completely different captain? Or Flashpoint!Wells after Cisco bought out STAR Labs. I guess we'll never know now...

Even in a different timeline, Cisco is still worried about Speedsters vibrating their hands into him and using kooky names. Heh, Weather Wizard .

Flashpoint!Caitlin was very perky, even after being practically kidnapped, and even as an optomologist she still proves invaluable to Team Flash. Barry's reaction to learning her current profession was hilarious.

Poor Wally. Nobody really takes him seriously as The Flash and everybody keeps calling him Kid Flash. And I'm expecting it's going to end up like with Thea where the name just sticks whether he likes it or not. It's not like he has Roy's advantage of multiple codenames other then just "The Flash" and that's obviously taken again.

Barry Allen and Wally West, together at last as Flash and Kid Flash. I hope that banter between the two before the fight with The Rival is foreshadowing their team dynamic, presuming Wally still becomes Kid Flash now that we're back to the (relatively) regular timeline.

Hey, Barry faces off against a new evil Speedster and isn't outmatched! For once he actually is the Fastest Man Alive on the show .

Why wasn't Wally healing? Did it have something to do with the way he got his powers, even though it sounded like it actually mimicked Barry's to a degree, with the mix of chemicals and lightning?

So, not only did Barry orchestrate the murder of his mother by letting Thawne go free so he could "restore" the timeline, but now he's apparently saved his Archenemy, the one who absolutely hates him and lives for making Barry's life miserable, from his death in season 1. I guess this explains how Reverse-Flash ends up joining the Legion of Doom on Legends.

And not only that, he's also apparently ruined Iris and Joe's relationship and did something to Cisco. Jeez Barry, I love you, but what can't you mess up? He's probably also screwed up his relationship with Iris again, because heaven forbid we actually have the main couple together in a committed relationship at this point, in favor of CW drama.

So is Dr. Alchemy related to Flashpoint and Barry resetting the timeline? Thawne seemed to know something was going to happen once the timeline was reverted. He's contacting The Rival in the original timeline, so is he going to try and revert people to who they were in Flashpoint?
    Quote Originally Posted by Beantownbrown View Post
    He did in his major appearance in season 2.

He idolized The Flash in the future and recreated the experiment that gave him his powers, but then he went back in time and found out he became The Flash's greatest enemy. It basically broke him and he decided to become the reverse of everything The Flash stood for.

Barry quickly deciding to revert the timeline back to normal was incredibly frustrating and nonsensical. The writing did a really bad job in making it seem like Barry was forced into making that decision. His parents were alive and happy, Cisco was a billionaire, Iris was open to dating Barry, Wally was Kid Flash, and Caitlin seemed fine. The only one who had it worse was Joe, and even then it's not anything some therapy or rehab couldn't fix. Yeah, Wally was critically injured, but they could at least have had him die in order to force Barry's hand. Plus, Caitlin was an ophthalmologist, so her diagnosis shouldn't be the final word. They should have taken Wally to an ER so someone more qualified could treat him. There's no way any normal person in Barry's situation would have decided to re-kill their parents so hastily.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Which made me feel iffy about Barry's decision at the end, I doubt he actually valued Wally's life more than his parents.
    I think it's more like Barry making the realization that his parents' deaths were fated, while Wally's wasn't. Of course, one can ask what is fate when time travel is at your fingertips?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Ehh, it seemed pretty clear that the implication was Wally would die.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Retired

Barry's motivations don't really make sense to me. But I've decided to chalk it up to time travel. Every time that Barry changes the timeline, even though he thinks he's the same guy, he changes some part of himself--what makes Barry Barry. So he's disconnected from his life and is flashing around trying to fix his external reality--the whole time destroying parts of his internal psyche. At this rate, he might have to murder Barry Allen to save the world.