Page 404 of 827 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewBatman82 View Post
    i enjoyed the episode and it was great. i thought barry fixed the timeline but nope its just the beginning. im still skipping the awful upcoming musical episode.
    How do you know it is awful? They haven't even announced the plot, the writers, the director, or who the guest stars are. It could be fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Then take it up with the people who make the show. It isn't the fans' fault if the show isn't good. And season 2? It wasn't bad TV, but it wasn't as good as season 1 either.

Jury is still out on season 3. The premiere was a deeply mediocre episode, but it cleared away the horrendous ending of the second season, so maybe we can recapture the magic yet. And, for all it's flaws, it had some winning moments. An Iris who was actually worth watching! They've really rescued this character since the middle of season 2. Wally in the costume, full of attitude. Some great comedic work from Danielle Panabaker, who is probably the funniest actor on the show when you get right down to it.

It isn't all negativity. Unlike Arrow, which has become flat out terrible over the last two season. If they can get the writing back to season 1 levels (fun dialogue, fun characters, less focus on the boring speedster mega-villain and more on the week to week foes, who are usually pretty solid), it could easily reclaim it's lost glory. Oh, and it needs both more Rogues and more Grodd. I feel like that goes without saying, but you never know.
    I'm glad someone gets it. This show has become irredeemably horrible. Almost as if this is some cosmic torment placed on us by some lovecraftian god. It's gotten to the point where being clasped to the cold, still bosom of death, suckling from her nourishing teet of oblivion, is preferable to watching this show.

It was great to see Wally in the Kid Flash costume. Comic accurate and everything, even if the mask looked a little...I don't know...bulky? Thick? I get why Barry called him Kid Flash, but why did the news crawl give him that name too?

Reverse Flash has always been a great villain on the show, and now Matt Letscher has convinced me he's just as entertaining as Tom Cavanagh was as Eobard Thawne. There's a lot of hate between him and Barry, it's so personal. Looking forward to how they're going to do Dr. Alchemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    And while I get the whole butterfly effect meaning that there weren't always logical reasons for the changes, I'd have loved to see some of this stuff explained. Just what did happen to Flashpoint Harrison Wells? Was Wally's origin really just what he believed or was there some dark matter involved like in Barry's origin? Did Barry's parents imply Barry never dates Linda or Patty? If we could get Robert Queen worked into an Earth 2 broadcast, would it have killed them to do something similar to give us their status here - a news report on Star City in the background, a quick scene where Barry tells us he found none of his fellow heroes here (or only found Supergirl)?
    Personally, I was wondering what happened to Eddie. This really did feel like a two-part episode with the first part just dropped because it was only exposition. Although we probably could've used that because Flashpoint would've been very close to the original timeline before Thawne traveled back in time and killed Nora in the first place. Still, it was fun seeing Alex Desert as "Captain Mendez", I hope he returns to the show later.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Keeping someone in a small cage in basically solitary confinement eating junk food for their natural life span is not particularly legal or humane.
    This was just one Big Belly Burger away from the Pipeline. I've never liked the way they treated the bad guys on this show, but I'm kind of used to it by now.

It's bugging me that yet again, the main reason all this bad stuff is happening is because of the Flash. He's like the biggest supervillain of the show! He needs to stop fucking with the timeline! (every hero on earth stood against Parallax for doing the same thing) I didn't read all the posts, but we all know that NONE of this is the "original" timeline. The original is the one where Barry became the Flash and became so hated by Reverse-Flash that he went back in time to kill Barry but killed his mother instead. Whatever that timeline was, before Thawne went back in time, is the one they should try to reset. But this Flash we know was born from that one offshoot alt reality - the one where his mother died. Why is *that* timeline more important than the others - than the *original?* I still like the show - it's all in good fun, but c'mon...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-07-2016 at 10:59 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    How do you know it is awful? They haven't even announced the plot, the writers, the director, or who the guest stars are. It could be fantastic.
    i just don't like live action musicals in general and im skipping that episode because it will be total cringe, the animation musicals are better like The Lion King and The Prince of Egypt. i just hope ratings don't go down the toilet or maybe it won't because all of the Glee fans will watch it and boost ratings.

when you mention guest stars you know one of them might be a musician and i know they're going to cast one that i don't even listen too at all
    (even worse they may cast either Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Drake, Rihanna, or Kanye West ) .

overall the stuff that they will sing will not be the music that i want to listen too.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Then take it up with the people who make the show. It isn't the fans' fault if the show isn't good. And season 2? It wasn't bad TV, but it wasn't as good as season 1 either.

Jury is still out on season 3. The premiere was a deeply mediocre episode, but it cleared away the horrendous ending of the second season, so maybe we can recapture the magic yet. And, for all it's flaws, it had some winning moments. An Iris who was actually worth watching! They've really rescued this character since the middle of season 2. Wally in the costume, full of attitude. Some great comedic work from Danielle Panabaker, who is probably the funniest actor on the show when you get right down to it.

It isn't all negativity. Unlike Arrow, which has become flat out terrible over the last two season. If they can get the writing back to season 1 levels (fun dialogue, fun characters, less focus on the boring speedster mega-villain and more on the week to week foes, who are usually pretty solid), it could easily reclaim it's lost glory. Oh, and it needs both more Rogues and more Grodd. I feel like that goes without saying, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dog View Post
    I'm glad someone gets it. This show has become irredeemably horrible. Almost as if this is some cosmic torment placed on us by some lovecraftian god. It's gotten to the point where being clasped to the cold, still bosom of death, suckling from her nourishing teet of oblivion, is preferable to watching this show.

the only words i can say is i really like this show and if it gets canceled its basically the only show i watch currently on the TV. It's also the only DC show that is appealing to me and i will be screwed if it gets axed with a pitch black TV and cable will never be turned on during the week. i guess i have to go back to Wheel of Fortune (its my childhood show please don't hate it too much if you can)
    Last edited by AndrewBatman82; 10-08-2016 at 02:29 AM.

i just don't like live action musicals in general and im skipping that episode because it will be total cringe, the animation musicals are better like The Lion King and The Prince of Egypt. i just hope ratings don't go down the toilet or maybe it won't because all of the Glee fans will watch it and boost ratings.

when you mention guest stars you know one of them might be a musician and i know they're going to cast one that i don't even listen too at all
    (even worse they may cast either Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Drake, Rihanna, or Kanye West ) .

overall the stuff that they will sing will not be the music that i want to listen too.
    Again you know none of this. For all you know they could cast Neil Patrick Harris as the Music Meister and have Joss Wedon direct it.
    And they could sing some songs that are your all time favorites. You don't even know the context of why they start singing. It
    could and probably will make perfect sense when the show airs. I don't understand this negative reaction to musicals. The Sound of
    Music and Singing in the Rain were some of the greatest movies ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It was great to see Wally in the Kid Flash costume. Comic accurate and everything, even if the mask looked a little...I don't know...bulky? Thick? I get why Barry called him Kid Flash, but why did the news crawl give him that name too?
    Since Iris apparently calls him that, and I think they confirmed she worked with the TV network in this universe, she was probably the one who coined the name for him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Again you know none of this. For all you know they could cast Neil Patrick Harris as the Music Meister and have Joss Wedon direct it.
    And they could sing some songs that are your all time favorites. You don't even know the context of why they start singing. It
    could and probably will make perfect sense when the show airs. I don't understand this negative reaction to musicals. The Sound of
    Music and Singing in the Rain were some of the greatest movies ever made.
    its maybe because we lived in a different time period which will make perfect sense. if your talking about the sound of music which i have seen when i was a teenager in music class during middle school and that movie is very old. so this means we both are from different generations. people don't have to like musicals and im the one that doesn't. the only reason i can think of is why is there so much negativity about this and maybe there is a somewhat generation/culture war going on.
    Last edited by AndrewBatman82; 10-08-2016 at 04:46 PM.

its maybe because we lived in a different time period which will make perfect sense. if your talking about the sound of music which i have seen when i was a teenager in music class during middle school and that movie is very old. so this means we both are from different generations. people don't have to like musicals and im the one that doesn't. the only reason i can think of is why is there so much negativity about this and maybe there is a somewhat generation/culture war going on.
    I think it's more that "the musical episode" is a gimmick that interrupts the established reality of the show. This isn't "Glee" where singing just breaks out naturally because that's what the show is. Instead, you basically just have talented performers on a show and want to perform - it's self-serving almost all of the time and doesn't help the story of the show.
    Also, shows that put on a musical episode aren't getting Rogers and Hammerstein to write the music for them.

I remember sitcoms used to have "let's put on a show" episodes, where for some contrived reason the whole cast was putting on a musical. Same thing - you just have actors who want to do it and it eats up one episode of the show. It's not like you see "the super-hero" episode of NCIS where in only one episode, everyone suddenly has super powers...
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-08-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Wait!!! There's going to be a musical episode?! Good gravy, please, may our suffering be brief.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I think it's more that "the musical episode" is a gimmick that interrupts the established reality of the show. This isn't "Glee" where singing just breaks out naturally because that's what the show is. Instead, you basically just have talented performers on a show and want to perform - it's self-serving almost all of the time and doesn't help the story of the show.
    Also, shows that put on a musical episode aren't getting Rogers and Hammerstein to write the music for them.

I remember sitcoms used to have "let's put on a show" episodes, where for some contrived reason the whole cast was putting on a musical. Same thing - you just have actors who want to do it and it eats up one episode of the show. It's not like you see "the super-hero" episode of NCIS where in only one episode, everyone suddenly has super powers...
    With magical villains in the universe (as well as music inspired ones) I can see a musical episode that doesn't fully break continuity.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Wait!!! There's going to be a musical episode?! Good gravy, please, may our suffering be brief.
    A two-parter, actually. Crossing over with Flash and Supergirl, since Grant Gustin and Melissa Benoist worked together on Glee.

It's gonna be awesome!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    With magical villains in the universe (as well as music inspired ones) I can see a musical episode that doesn't fully break continuity.
    This. See also: Buffy the Vampire Slayer. An episode that makes perfect sense in universe, has big character moments for literally every main cast character, and still manages to make a relatively stylish television musical (complete with entirely original songs!).

If we get something half as well thought out, we're in for something fun.

BANNED

yes the fans wanted a Glee reunion and they got there wish

Barry has a bad habit of giving into villains with bad consequences.