Page 451 of 827 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 12392

Only one mannequin for the costumes? Looks like somebody needs to store theirs in a ring. I like how everyone embraced Kid Flash. Even if the cops are skeptical of him, he will be able to win them over in time.

The newspaper tease was fun, lots of trouble coming to Central City!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So if they need a museum for income, how has STAR Labs been funding themselves for past year or so, without Thawne!Wells supplying them? Let alone what money they used to fund the museum in the first place.
    It's been my personal canon that the CCPD has been paying them to develop metahuman weapons and other devices. That really is the only thing we've seen Star Labs do. It's about time they've branched out, I like where this is going. Too bad the museum is going to be under constant metahuman attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well they've played around with holograms all season, and Wells has an even more advanced version to hide his appearance in public.

I hate to think it, and I hope I'm wrong since Joe's one of my favorite characters, but he could use holographic tech to take Iris's place.
    Or maybe just a holographic Iris? There could be more than what we've seen with HR there. There's lots of ways to cheat the future by letting it play out the way it wants to.

Astonishing Member

So if they need a museum for income, how has STAR Labs been funding themselves for past year or so, without Thawne!Wells supplying them? Let alone what money they used to fund the museum in the first place.
    I got the feeling that Thawne, disguised as Wells, used his knowledge of the future to bet on things like horse races and football matches, or to make investments. He has Gideon, who would presumably dontain this information and be able to deal with people who were in the way. This could easily provide enough funds on top of those gained legitimately to set up and maintain the particle accelerator to pay for the upkeep of the areas used after the "accident" (the control room, the pipeline, the training room etc), utilities such as power and water (even if it isn't shown they've got to still be using the toilet), equipment and enough for Caitlin and Cisco to at least live on (he's got to pay for the t-shirts somehow). Even if they're skimping on proper security.

After Barry has defeated Reverse-Flash, who is exposed as Harrison Wells as far as the general public knows, Thawne gave Barry ownership of Star Labs as well as proof Henry Allen was innocent of Nora's murder. This would likely mean access to the funds Thawne (as Wells) would have had to pay for everything. If this is true, Barry likely kept the same arrangements.

Barry has just recently put down a deposit on a large apartment without any savings belonging to Iris, so either he's saved a lot of money through a combination of living with Joe (no mention is made of Barry paying rent) and bank interest, or has dipped into another source of money. Potentially the Star Labs savings. Barry's new apartment is pretty large and spacious, about similar size of the set for Oliver's apartment in Arrow when he was living with Felicity, so unless property isn't too expensive in Central City Barry needed to have had serious money to afford it. The old Friends excuse of rent control doesn't apply.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Well they've played around with holograms all season, and Wells has an even more advanced version to hide his appearance in public.
    I think HR uses his advanced hologram tech to look like a Harrison Wells, because he isn't one. "The fake Wells" Savitar called him.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think HR uses his advanced hologram tech to look like a Harrison Wells, because he isn't one. "The fake Wells" Savitar called him.
    I thought of that, but originally dismissed it cause it would be, well, redundant (from when Eobard was pretending to be Wells). Though maybe not exactly since unlike Eobard the pretender this time (presumably the partner Wells keeps talking about) wouldn't be doing it for sinister reasons. Savitar calling him the fake wells could be figurative (one of the few if not the only Wells across the multiverse who isn't a genius) or literal (the partner pretending to be Wells). I'm curious where they'll go with this that's for sure.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Almost everyone i can think of from flash was a bad guy before they got theyre powers. Some might have been petty criminals, or bullys. But alot them were just bad guys to begin with
    Peek-a-Boo wasn't a villain. She robbed banks with her boyfriend to pay off her debt to a mobster. She wanted to leave the city after she was done.

Astonishing Member

Was it ever confirmed if those dreams or visions of their past lives were side-effects from Flashpoint or part of Alchemy/Savitar exerting influence on them?

Because those visions kicking in always seemed to coincide with Alchemy trying to make them into new acolytes, though Wally was getting Kid Flash visions a while before Alchemy turned his attentions to him.
    I suppose one could argue it was vague enough but the show did seem to say it was simply the effects of Flashpoint, not Alchemy/Savitar. Especially when you take Wally into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Together at last .

Astonishing Member

I just have to say that Kid Flash will be recognized in a flash. Not that the masks ever really work but, anyone who knows Wally and sees a picture of KF will know him.

Supergirl acknowledged this when Kara's sister's girlfriend figured out her identity and laughed at the glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

My buddy and I came upon a theory that sounded silly, but I find myself wondering more and more: What if the fate of Harrison Wells is a multiversal constant?

Take into consideration that the big twist of last season doesn't get mentioned enough: Earth 2 has actually been "Earth 3" (in the sense that everything is a recognizable flip from Earth 1 counterparts) the entire time. So Wells of Earth 2 is actually himself. What if he's the only one? What if Wells gets murdered and replaced by an imposter on every Earth BUT Earth 2?

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post
    My buddy and I came upon a theory that sounded silly, but I find myself wondering more and more: What if the fate of Harrison Wells is a multiversal constant?

Take into consideration that the big twist of last season doesn't get mentioned enough: Earth 2 has actually been "Earth 3" (in the sense that everything is a recognizable flip from Earth 1 counterparts) the entire time. So Wells of Earth 2 is actually himself. What if he's the only one? What if Wells gets murdered and replaced by an imposter on every Earth BUT Earth 2?
    HR clearly lying about some stuff but whoever he is or did i still think hes harmless. If he did something bad it was on accident. Iono i just get a harmless vibe from him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MykeHavoc View Post

Well... If HR is not a Harrison Wells, that doesn't mean the Wells from his earth is actually dead. The real Wells from his earth might not have even seen the message.

Retired

Classic Wally's hair used to change colour. His hair was naturally red but became brown when he was Kid Flash. I know people moan about Mr. Terrific's quick hair change--but a speedster with Speed Force has a lot of reasons why his hair could change. When I first saw Kid Flash, as a kid myself, I really liked his costume and that chopped mask design--and I've liked other heroes since then that have had the same sort of design--the Shield, Lightray, '70s Colossal Boy. But the avantage is the hair--artists like Carmine Infantino and Gil Kane made that hair a dynamic element.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    I just have to say that Kid Flash will be recognized in a flash. Not that the masks ever really work but, anyone who knows Wally and sees a picture of KF will know him.

Supergirl acknowledged this when Kara's sister's girlfriend figured out her identity and laughed at the glasses.
    Eh, less than you'd think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBPG_OBgTWg

In studying to do Collateral, Tom Cruise hid his ID behind a UPS uniform and sun glasses

Wally does need to learn the voice trick, though. Computers are a little harder to fool

Retired

I think Maggie figured out that Supergirl was Alex's sister because of how Alex reacted, as it was exactly how she would react if it was her sister. This shows how close Maggie has gotten to Alex. So now she can see the truth and put it together that Supergirl is Kara. But she never seemed to see this when she wasn't dating Alex. Maggie is patting herself on the back for seeing that Kara with glasses is Supergirl--but really it's the emotional breakthrough that allows her to see the obvious.

Since a lot of people meet Kara every day and yet don't twig to her being Supergirl, we must assume that there's something that stops them recognizing that the two are the same.