Page 453 of 827 FirstFirst ... 353403443449450451452453454455456457463503553 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,795 of 12392
    Retired

I never noticed this until it was brought up here, but I'd guess that Gypsy got the drop on them, because they never dealt with her before. She has the benefit of surprise. Just like Vibe was able to use the benefit of surprise on her. If so much stuff is covered by Speed Force (see LEGENDS), then why can't a lot be written off as Vibe Force or Multiverse Force?

Do you think that Cisco and Gypsy are multiverse counterparts? In other words, Cisco was coming on to his female doppelganger. And by the way, that was hilarious how he kept trying to make time with her even while she was trying to kill him.

I also thought it was funny that always so correct Julian had to say "Multiple universes" not "Multiverse."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    Some cases are more egregious than others; last night's fall into that category.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Not for me.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I never noticed this until it was brought up here, but I'd guess that Gypsy got the drop on them, because they never dealt with her before. She has the benefit of surprise. Just like Vibe was able to use the benefit of surprise on her. If so much stuff is covered by Speed Force (see LEGENDS), then why can't a lot be written off as Vibe Force or Multiverse Force?

Do you think that Cisco and Gypsy are multiverse counterparts? In other words, Cisco was coming on to his female doppelganger. And by the way, that was hilarious how he kept trying to make time with her even while she was trying to kill him.

I also thought it was funny that always so correct Julian had to say "Multiple universes" not "Multiverse."
    In the comics, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that it's implied that the vibe powers can disrupt/mess with the Speed Force.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Can't blame him. She is very sexy.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    In the comics, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I believe that it's implied that the vibe powers can disrupt/mess with the Speed Force.
    If that's the case, then that would make sense.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I love that Cisco's jacket look so much like his comics costume.

It would be kind a cool if they introduced the Earth 1 Gypsy and she had her comic powers of illusion and such.
    Last edited by Zero Hunter; 02-01-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Julian feels like he's taken over Harry's old role as the pragmatic, blunt, antisocial scientist on Team Flash. Though time will tell if he'll be able to carve out a proper niche and relationship with the team like Harry did.

I wonder how Gypsy went from someone who's main gimmick is cloaking and making herself invisible to basically having the exact same powers as Cisco? To make her seem like more of a proper rival or romantic match for Vibe? Why is she even called Gypsy? Is she Romani (which I doubt the actress is or the character is intended to be)? Why not just call her Cindy Reynolds ?

I hope if Gypsy ever comes back they find a way to get her into a green skirt...
    I agree with this.

Joe assuming Iris was talking about having kids with Barry made me think of Bart/Impulse and how the show might introduce and handle him at some point...
    One of my favorite scenes!

Cisco finally debuts his Vibe costume, which is a pretty accurate adaption of his New 52 look. Nice to finally see Cisco out as a proper Superhero and getting a true, unabashed, win

Vibe and Gypsy popping into Earth-38 to scare poor Miss Teschmacher was great. Though what was with that Earth that looked like a desolate wasteland?
    I enjoy Vibe's costume and the mulitverse traveling fight as well. I'm guess the desolate wasteland Earth is Earth-15 (?) since in the comic books, life was destroyed on Earth-15.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I love that Cisco's jacket look so much like his comics costume.

It would be kind a cool if they introduced the Earth 1 Gypsy and she had her comic powers of illusion and such.
    I like that to happen as well. Along with a correct version of Atom Smasher, Doctor Light, and Red Tornado.

Good episode.

But..."I am still a journalist Barry". LOL, coulda fooled me. I genuinely forgot she had a job..and I think she did too. So I gotta say this writing legacy seems to be pulled a bit out of nowhere. Plus the whole go against people's good judgment thing is never cute.

Cool to see the speedster disrupting abilities finally introduced. If we could get all hands on deck for the final battle it would be nice, Snow included.

I thought the episode was a fun romp and a good episode for Cisco. He is one step closer to being Vibe and being a hero in his own right. I loved the dynamic with Gypsy even if Gypsy could have been a whole new character . His glasses are a bit clunky and it threw me off but his costume was cool regardless.

If they ever do a Vibe comic, i wanna see Harrison Wells brought in as part of his supporting cast. Their dynamic was pretty great reagardless of which HR wells he interacted with.

I thought the moment were HR wondered why Barry would make a good lead for his stories to be unintentionally meta and pretty funny.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-02-2017 at 09:39 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    That was definitely established in the New 52, for sure. That's why Vibe was brought in to deal with the Flash during the JLA/JL Trinity War story.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Retired

I had to remind myself why Francisco Ramon would have a good opinion of Wellsobard. Season 2 Harrison, sure, after first not trusting him then Cisco built a good relationship with Earth 2 Wells. But Eobard Thawne dressed in Wells' flesh-suit tried to kill Ramon--the worst betrayal. So I have to remember that's how it ended but for Vibe that's not how it began and he was working with Wells for years before Barry ever entered the picture (and before the series began).

Still, I got to wonder why Cisco could have such warm and fuzzy feelings for Wellsobard yet he had a hard time with Barry on account of a timeline he never knew.

I had to remind myself why Francisco Ramon would have a good opinion of Wellsobard. Season 2 Harrison, sure, after first not trusting him then Cisco built a good relationship with Earth 2 Wells. But Eobard Thawne dressed in Wells' flesh-suit tried to kill Ramon--the worst betrayal. So I have to remember that's how it ended but for Vibe that's not how it began and he was working with Wells for years before Barry ever entered the picture (and before the series began).

Still, I got to wonder why Cisco could have such warm and fuzzy feelings for Wellsobard yet he had a hard time with Barry on account of a timeline he never knew.
    I'm still kind of bothered that they still refer to Thawne as Wells at this point, or treat him like a genuine Harrison Wells when he was just a fake, even more then HR is .

Astonishing Member

I'm going to be honest, I'm kind of disappointed that they basically made Gypsy She-Vibe here. She couldn't have used some kind of camouflage power during the whole episode? Maybe using vibrations to make herself appear invisible or something?

Retired

I'm surprised they used the name "Gypsy." I thought that's a slur.

I'm surprised they used the name "Gypsy." I thought that's a slur.
    Only to tramps and thieves.