Page 458 of 827 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 12392

When Wally was in the arena fighting....and Solovar did the big jump and slam onto the ground, kicking up a dust storm.....my daughter just goes "Um.....why did a bunch of dirt just make Wally fall all over himself?"

It did look corny. And all I could do was shrug.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    When Wally was in the arena fighting....and Solovar did the big jump and slam onto the ground, kicking up a dust storm.....my daughter just goes "Um.....why did a bunch of dirt just make Wally fall all over himself?"

That'd be Barry, sir.

And yes the fastest man alive's greatest foe apparently is dust.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

It wasn't the dust; it was the vibration. It knocked Flash off-balance. Similar tactics have been used against speedsters in the comics.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    That'd be Barry, sir.

I'm going to put dust along with bees for things this version of Barry is powerless against.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    That'd be Barry, sir.

Oh god. I meant Barry. That was pre coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    It wasn't the dust; it was the vibration. It knocked Flash off-balance. Similar tactics have been used against speedsters in the comics.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    If that was the case, I guess maybe I missed the visual portrayal there...they showed the dust swirling around and then he stumbled like me trying to run fast. The vibration I have seen in the comics...I just didn't get that vibe (no pun intended) from the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I'm going to put dust along with bees for things this version of Barry is powerless against.
    I wonder what would happen if barry had a sneezing fit at super speed?!😝😝

you know, I'd almost be on board with Cisco coming up with plans for Barry, if the plans were in anyway clever. Barry just looks like a dumbass, who needs to be told to "punch the giant gorrilla", that didn't work "throw lightning", then phase through his chest. Barry already knows how to do that shit. And Cisco and Caitlin have powers, there are actual ways to make them useful now without making Barry unbelievably incompetent. Why do they still do that "Cisco in Barry's microphone" crap? I get why they did it at first, Barry was a noob and Cisco and Caitlin need something to do to justify them being there, so it wasn't too bad back in season 1, but now I don't even see what purpose it serves.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 02-22-2017 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    you know, I'd almost be on board with Cisco coming up with plans for Barry, if the plans were in anyway clever. Barry just looks like a dumbass, who needs to be told to "punch the giant gorrilla", that didn't work "throw lightning", then phase through his chest. Barry already knows how to do that shit. And Cisco and Caitlin have powers, there are actual ways to make them useful now without making Barry unbelievably incompetent. Why do they still do that "Cisco in Barry's microphone" crap? I get why they did it at first, Barry was a noob and Cisco and Caitlin need something to do to justify them being there, so it wasn't too bad back in season 1, but now I don't even see what purpose it serves.
    To be fair, we've gotten a lot less of that and more of Barry coming up with ways to stop the bad guys on his own since season 2.

It crops up every now and again, but not as much as in season 1 where practically every episode they handed him a way to win against the bad guy.

Nice Planet of the Apes references, not just Cisco saying "mad house" and "damn dirty", but Julian's name dropping the movie because Tom Felton was in one of them.

I kind of wonder how surprised I would've been if I didn't know this was going to be a two-parter? Plus Gypsy's actress being credited with her being absent for most of the episode, and I figured Grodd would turn on his bargain and find another way to invade Earth-1. Grodd's one of the best characters this show has, and I get advertising an epic gorilla two-parter, but it'd be a great surprise to end the episode with a to be continued and Grodd and his army about to invade.

I liked the plan for Caitlin to freeze Barry and then him to escape that way, but...they were still lucky Grodd took a brief examination of his corpse and then just tossed him a couple feet away from the cell. Other than that,the fight against Solovar was cool. Team Flash really doesn't understand the concept of fight to the death, do they? To them, that just translates to "I win, I get to say no to killing".

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm all for supporting young love as much as the next romantic, though shouldn't Jesse be concerned with leaving Earth-2 unprotected by moving to Earth-1 to be with Wally? Are things stable enough that Central City doesn't need a Speedster anymore? And does she really have no other life on Earth-2 that she can just move to Earth-1 without a problem?
    Earth-2's other heroes probably came out of the woodwork. As for the move, yeah, it should be a bigger deal for her. Also, she and Wally were barely an item, you'd think there'd be reasons for her to stay on Earth-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be fair, we've gotten a lot less of that and more of Barry coming up with ways to stop the bad guys on his own since season 2.

It crops up every now and again, but not as much as in season 1 where practically every episode they handed him a way to win against the bad guy.
    yeah it happens a lot less now, and we see Barry actually come up with ideas now (like that trick where he plays dead this episode.) But they really didn't need it in that Solivar fight, especially when Cisco's advice was "punch the gorrilla! do all those tricks you already know how to do!" Really now that Cisco has powers, they should leave the whole Cisco microphone thing out for good, or at least do it when it's a plan that's actually clever. Otherwise it just ruins otherwise neat fight scenes.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 02-23-2017 at 01:57 AM.

Alright, after the disappointing Legends episode this week, this was quite fun.
    Love Grodd as a villain, hope he doesn't die next episode.

Grodd speaking through Cisco and Harry was embarassing though^^

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

lol with a pinch of cringe thrown in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

Why did he even do it...it was like he'd speak through them, then they'd collapse, then he'd walk in with one or two last statements he'd send telepathically I guess.

Why did he even do it...it was like he'd speak through them, then they'd collapse, then he'd walk in with one or two last statements he'd send telepathically I guess.
    Because they didnt want a disembodied voice and they coudlnt afford constant shots of grodd i assume.