Page 471 of 827 FirstFirst ... 371421461467468469470471472473474475481521571 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Ah, yes, plot holes, the one thing speedsters can't escape from.
    Ah, so that's what those look like...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Though I do constantly find it amusing that Savitar is so formal to Wally, always calling him Wallace.
    Only half serious (not even that much), but since he calls him that all of the time, maybe it's somehow HR.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Savitar looked quite....unimpressive this episode.
    It was very obvious that it was a guy in a rubber suit during several scenes, and his height is also not quite as impressive as it was before, in some scenes he seemed almost the same size as Barry.
    Now that you mention it, that has me thinking..

Do you guys think Savitar wasn't always meant to be unmasked? Because like you said he was initially an inhumanly towering figure. I know for me personally I never thought he was a guy under a mask, I thought that was just how he looked. The same way Lord Zedd just looks like a skinless humanoid with a metallic grill of of a face, or at least not a human face under the grill. (PR is all I can pull from in my life right now, bare with me. lol)

But now only in this episode Barry tries to pull a Scooby-Doo and unmask the villain, but I don't believe the idea of him being someone else under a mask was ever brought up in the show, was there? Because as also pointed it out he is now reasonably tall, which would be more believable if an actual human was wearing the suit. The proportions are still odd though, so this is weird, but interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashEarthOne View Post
    One way or another Savitar will be either Barry or Wally... I'm guessing that it is Barry... since Savitar said that Barry created him.
    Except Juliantar (Savitar speaking through Julian) corrected him by saying he created himself.

The desire of many for it to be Wally seems like some bizarre sort of wish fullfillment, so I won't touch that anymore (no point, no one will budge until its proven or disproven), but Barry seems unlikely simply because, well, it would be redundant. Besides the fact we already got this with Julian earlier this season, the other CW shows (minus Supergirl) are doing their own variation of a split personality that's evil. It's possible, but I just highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Still think its eddie. He was sucked into the speedforce and Savitar seemed bitter when yelling at barry he had everything even Iris.
    Here's the thing. Eddie killed himself onscreen. What people seem to be missing is that if the Speed Force is a sort of "heaven", and he essentially killed his body...where did his soul go? Is it too much to, I guess, extrapolate, that his connection to Thawne acted as a sort of anchor drawing him into the speedforce, and given the nature of that it was essentially a sort of hell to him? I believe Juliantar when he said it would have destroyed his mind over and over again if not for an iron will. Imagine you just killed yourself for the one you love, but then you go to essentially "hell" for your troubles while your friend gets to live on with your would-be fiancee? That's not enough to say "screw everything and screw you two (Barry and Iris) too it's all about ME now"?

I think the metal body is a clue he doesn't have an actual body, its a tether or a transient body he fashioned together. A soul animating inanimate objects is old hat. Any pain he "feels" (I think he expressed pain when Barry broke his spike) is merely fear of losing that connection to the object, or in this case, suit of armor.

So if its Eddie's soul, it doesn't negate what's happening on Legends or Eddie's sacrifice, but it does beg the question how will he get a new body, and will it look like Rick Cosnett?

EDITED TO ADD: Also, this lines up with Juliantar saying he created himself. Accidentally or on purpose, Eddie committing suicide and winding up in the speedforce would count.
    Last edited by Nate Grey; 03-09-2017 at 03:48 PM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The desire of many for it to be Wally seems like some bizarre sort of wish fullfillment, so I won't touch that anymore (no point, no one will budge until its proven or disproven), but Barry seems unlikely simply because, well, it would be redundant. Besides the fact we already got this with Julian earlier this season, the other CW shows (minus Supergirl) are doing their own variation of a split personality that's evil. It's possible, but I just highly doubt it.
    My gut says it's neither one myself.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    But now only in this episode Barry tries to pull a Scooby-Doo and unmask the villain, but I don't believe the idea of him being someone else under a mask was ever brought up in the show, was there? Because as also pointed it out he is now reasonably tall, which would be more believable if an actual human was wearing the suit. The proportions are still odd though, so this is weird, but interesting.
    I think the difference is that he's actually really there now instead of projecting himself from the Speedforce.

He's also a lot slower than before. Maybe he's weakened, and will get bigger and faster as he gets his strength back?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I think the difference is that he's actually really there now instead of projecting himself from the Speedforce.

He's also a lot slower than before. Maybe he's weakened, and will get bigger and faster as he gets his strength back?
    But he's ragdolled Barry once before in real time, no? And was bigger then. It could just be a CGI vs Practical suit thing I guess. Which I actually was proud to see, I didn't expect them to have made a full on suit for shoots.

*shrugs* your guess is as good as mine.

Astonishing Member

Do you guys think Savitar wasn't always meant to be unmasked? Because like you said he was initially an inhumanly towering figure. I know for me personally I never thought he was a guy under a mask, I thought that was just how he looked. The same way Lord Zedd just looks like a skinless humanoid with a metallic grill of of a face, or at least not a human face under the grill. (PR is all I can pull from in my life right now, bare with me. lol)

The show's made it unclear but we did see what seemed to be him in his origin bit of becoming Savitar. It's just not clear whether he's still human underneath or not. It can easily go either way I suppose given whatever wacky thing they want to say with him and energy. But if he is still human in the suit and somehow inside, one does have to wonder how that'd work.

BANNED

But he's ragdolled Barry once before in real time, no? And was bigger then. It could just be a CGI vs Practical suit thing I guess. Which I actually was proud to see, I didn't expect them to have made a full on suit for shoots.

*shrugs* your guess is as good as mine.
    We haven't seen Savitar in real time before, I think.
    When he clobbered Barry before was while he was stuck in the Speed Force.

He may be smaller, but I think he looks more real now, and scarier.

I also don't think it was mentioned before that the person who Savitar used to be hasn't actually become Savitar yet in the present day, implying we'll probably see or have seen a pre-transformation Savitar.

Yeah, that's why when he was running it looked like he was teleporting or running through the Speed Force, because that's what he was doing since he was still basically there when Barry was originally fighting him.

Now that he's out of the Speed Force, and actually physically in our reality, he's running like a normal Speedster.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    The show's made it unclear but we did see what seemed to be him in his origin bit of becoming Savitar. It's just not clear whether he's still human underneath or not. It can easily go either way I suppose given whatever wacky thing they want to say with him and energy. But if he is still human in the suit and somehow inside, one does have to wonder how that'd work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I also don't think it was mentioned before that the person who Savitar used to be hasn't actually become Savitar yet in the present day, implying we'll probably see or have seen a pre-transformation Savitar.

Yeah, that's why when he was running it looked like he was teleporting or running through the Speed Force, because that's what he was doing since he was still basically there when Barry was originally fighting him.

Now that he's out of the Speed Force, and actually physically in our reality, he's running like a normal Speedster.
    This must have been during Julian's archeological backstory then? Now the Savitar myth is slowly coming back to me, but vaguely.

Hm. I must be getting my Zoom terrorism mixed with Savitar visuals.

Anyone else LOL when Barry found Wally getting sucked in by the portal? Dude just stood there while an eternity passed and Wally screaming for his life.

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Anyone else LOL when Barry found Wally getting sucked in by the portal? Dude just stood there while an eternity passed and Wally screaming for his life.
    Yuup! lol'd audibly.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
    Yep. Fastest man alive and he stands there like a goober not even attempting to run over and grab Wally. Like I said I think that is why Wally is Savitar, and why he hates Barry do much for just standing there instead of helping.

Wally was really rough around the edges too when we first met him. So lately whenever Barry or anyone else scolds him I always fear he will go back to being defiant.

I regarding who Savi is, I don't have any guesses but if it is Wally like you guys suggest, that would be some shyt.