Page 502 of 827 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506512552602 ... LastLast
Results 7,516 to 7,530 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Venom View Post
    Barry as Savitar is something I believed was possible weeks ago. The implications of this are pretty enormous depending on how Barry came to be Savitar. Considering Jay Garrick knew of the existence of Savitar, this is incredibly convoluted. The only explanation that seems to make sense is Savitar is from the Prime Timeline.
    More like Savitar was trapped in the Speedforce, and the Speedforce is entirely non-linear and exists at all times and Earths at once. I mean, he escaped from it years before he was trapped in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Who else thinks Cisco is in love with Caitlin?
    Well, duh!

BANNED

I hope not, that means he'll either die or turn evil

Astonishing Member

1. There is precedent in this show for killing yourself to prevent a bad future. That's a hint, Barry.

2. Can anyone excuse Barry's total incompetence in a fight? The battles with Killer Frost are so stupid as to boggle the mind. Hey, Cisco - I'll just run around and you can blast her. I'll just listen to her talk and at the last minute dodge so stupidly I repeatedly get blasted.

Do you have speed or not? Just punch her out, dummy.

The show is getting rather ridiculous. Oh, when Savitar is getting out of his suit, why not just flash over and bop him in the noggin?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    1. There is precedent in this show for killing yourself to prevent a bad future. That's a hint, Barry.

2. Can anyone excuse Barry's total incompetence in a fight? The battles with Killer Frost are so stupid as to boggle the mind. Hey, Cisco - I'll just run around and you can blast her. I'll just listen to her talk and at the last minute dodge so stupidly I repeatedly get blasted.

Do you have speed or not? Just punch her out, dummy.

The show is getting rather ridiculous. Oh, when Savitar is getting out of his suit, why not just flash over and bop him in the noggin?

That is exactly what I thought. And it has been like that for the whole season... Barry seems to be so damn slow for someone with superspeed during the fights.
    He could just punch her once and she would be unconscious! But no, the plot requires Barry to be so slow and dumb and that is exactly what I am beginning to HATE about this series. This is just bad writing, its nothing else. Don't they see how stupid and utterly unrealistic those fights are?!

Barry is a speedster, he could just run towards her and punch her out, he could do that 5 times but instead he is just standing there and looking at her?! And then he is jumping infront of people who she tries to shoot in the last second? Because?! Yes because it has to be dramatic! But it really isn't, it's just mind boggling stupid. And don't get me started on the scene where he is chasing Killer Frost (while she is doing Iceman stuff) just to lure her infront of Cisco... That was just ridiculous...

The reveal that Barry is Savitar is kind of lame but I will keep an open mind and hope they can somehow explain it. But just looking at all those cringeworthy fight scenes makes me think they won't let it end with a sound explanation at all.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

They've always been exceptionally close, but I guess you could assume that Cisco has repressed feelings for Caitlin, though I would've expected them to come out by now.

In any case, she's one of his best friends, so I can understand why he feels so strongly about her becoming Killer Frost and whether he can hurt her or not.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    This also seems to tie back into this season's crossover, where Barry 2056 warned Rip that current Barry couldn't be trusted.

Savitar looks to be about the same age as current Barry, so this might have been around the time he turned.
    Huh, forgot about that; so far that's the only positive of having Barry as Savitar.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Maybe it's Eddie wearing a Barry mask, like one of the villains on Scooby Doo!

...I'll let myself out, thanks.
    No, no stay! I love it! It's probably better than my theory:

Been thinking about the whole Savitar calling Killer Frost 'my child' and since Killer Frost came from the Flashpoint paradox, which Barry/Savitar created, he somewhat created Killer Frost.

If anything's confusing or I missed anything, please let me know.

I really did enjoy Joe's romance of Cecile.

Oh, what Flash did with the torch? Cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian View Post
    That is exactly what I thought. And it has been like that for the whole season... Barry seems to be so damn slow for someone with superspeed during the fights.
    He could just punch her once and she would be unconscious! But no, the plot requires Barry to be so slow and dumb and that is exactly what I am beginning to HATE about this series. This is just bad writing, its nothing else. Don't they see how stupid and utterly unrealistic those fights are?!
    This has been the case since Flash Comics #1 in 1939. No one is really a threat to a person with that kind of speed. It's been true all through the comics and will continue to be true all through the TV show. If you're not going to accept that and just go with it, there is very little possibility you'll ever be satisfied with the show because of its very premise. This series has its problems, but the fact that Barry doesn't end every fight with a non-speedster in .05 seconds is the very, very least of its problems, and not even close to the reason why the writing is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    This has been the case since Flash Comics #1 in 1939. No one is really a threat to a person with that kind of speed. It's been true all through the comics and will continue to be true all through the TV show. If you're not going to accept that and just go with it, there is very little possibility you'll ever be satisfied with the show because of its very premise. This series has its problems, but the fact that Barry doesn't end every fight with a non-speedster in .05 seconds is the very, very least of its problems, and not even close to the reason why the writing is bad.
    Nope, I don't agree.

I am reading Flash comics for about 10 years now and no, it is not the same in the comics. Of course it is harder to portray in a TV show but there just has been too many fightscenes in this TV show where he is exeptionally slow and where he is acting way to inexperienced. In the first season we really saw Barry growing as a character. He learned from his mistakes. Season 2 he was starting to "dumb down" and in season 3 we hit rock bottom when I am thinking of all the fightscenes where he does not know what to do and has to ask "Techsupport" on the commline...

I don't require him to end every fight in 0.5 seconds as it should be for a speedster. But to make him so damn slow just to fit an already bad plot is just bad writing.
    Ramin Djawadi, the new God composer... Original Score for Warcraft is absolutely amazing and his score for Season 6 of Game of Thrones is beyond epic... THE WINDS OF WINTER

Astonishing Member

Ditto. In all the stories with fast people, the writers have to deal with it. But this is beyond stupid.

Honestly, I'm just used to writers dumbing down or not de-emphasizing Barry's speed for drama or conflict, because it's to be expected for a hero with Super-Speed who's going to mostly fight villains who can't match his speed.

Now I kind of understand why the writers have always been so fixated on villainous Speedsters being the only villains who could properly challenge Barry.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It not so much they make him slow it is that they make his stupid. I mean seriously how many times and episode does Barry just stop and stand there? Most of the time there are ways they could write those scenes better and still get the same effect without making Barry look like he is a moron every episode.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

It must be those short skirts she has been wearing recently.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It not so much they make him slow it is that they make his stupid. I mean seriously how many times and episode does Barry just stop and stand there? Most of the time there are ways they could write those scenes better and still get the same effect without making Barry look like he is a moron every episode.
    The problem is, if he were always as fast as we have seem him at his best on the show, nobody would touch him 99.99% of the time.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I agree but its hard to do they have trouble avoiding it in the comics as well. But it does annoy me even though i probaly couldnt write it any better(im not a writer so definetly couldnt). Any non speedster shouldnt pose any real threat without some elaborate plan. There are exceptions like grod or Girder or any tank that he has trouble.hurting.