Page 508 of 827 FirstFirst ... 8408458498504505506507508509510511512518558608 ... LastLast
Results 7,606 to 7,620 of 12392
    Retired

I have a sneaking feeling that, even after we get to the end of this, this will be one of those stories where I won't understand what happened.

Oh, and I think Jay had a version of a "Barry" at one point and wiped him out with time-travel ("...making the same mistakes you are").

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Yeah, but Jay only knew that stuff AFTER Flashpoint had already been created.
    Not really. He only told Barry about Savitar after there was a need a to. Before that, Barry wasn't 'fast enough' for Savitar to be a concern.

If Savitar is a product of Flashpoint, he would already have been created and been able to interact with the multiverse. And since he's a time traveler, we can't know if Jay's perspective was the same before Flashpoint as after.
    So you're saying Flashpoint does affect the other Earths? (I know the Dominators alluded to it, but is the multiverse that interlinked or that susceptible to something like a speedster? (Is that why Jay asked Barry to rein it in?))

Personally, I'm thinking that for the narrative of the season to really work, Flashpoint has be the underlying issue. Jay warned Barry that changing history has consequences. Savitar is that consequence. Barry can't beat him by changing the past, but only by changing the future. By letting go of his obsessive need to cling to the people he loves and just live his damn life. By learning to accept that he can't save everyone, all of the time. That for all his speed, he can't outrun death. And that using his powers selfishly is the path of the Dark Side. Oh, wait, wrong franchise. But it still fits.
    You're right in that a lot of Barry's issues have been because he's been holding onto the past...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    And I'm sure Thawne will come back in some form or another when the creators want to use him. He's Barry's eternal nemesis, and even if his Time Remnants were wiped out by Black Flash, there's still the future version of Thawne who's going to come back and menace Barry multiple times before they both go back in time to the night of Nora's death.
    Wouldn't that, technically, be a past version of Thawne?

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    Wouldn't that, technically, be a past version of Thawne?
    Uh...Yes .

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I have a sneaking feeling that, even after we get to the end of this, this will be one of those stories where I won't understand what happened.
    Time travel gives me a headache

If it's any consolation, I think Grant Gustin admitted in an interview that even he has trouble following all this time travel logic .

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Time travel gives me a headache
    It gives you a headache? Look at what it did to Doc Brown's hair!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    You know, I'm a huge fan of time travel stories (warts and all), but I simply could not wrap my head around the 'time remnant' stuff from last season.

I thought if you interact with yourself you cause time quakes in the arrowverse. Flash and Thawne are excused from that?

So crazy question that comes up in my mind from time to time: does the Barry Allen who became Flash five years later and who warned his younger self against saving his mother in the S1 finale still exist in an alternate universe?

At some point, I think it'd be cool if the show's timeline was 'fixed' and reverted back to the original--say, around the five year mark on the show?

I thought if you interact with yourself you cause time quakes in the arrowverse. Flash and Thawne are excused from that?
    I think it's different for Speedsters, since they have a different grasp of time-travel. But creating enough time remnants is enough to have Time Wraiths of the Black Flash come after you, so there are consequences to doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    So crazy question that comes up in my mind from time to time: does the Barry Allen who became Flash five years later and who warned his younger self against saving his mother in the S1 finale still exist in an alternate universe?

At some point, I think it'd be cool if the show's timeline was 'fixed' and reverted back to the original--say, around the five year mark on the show?
    I don't think they've ever explained what happened to the original Flash. The last we saw of him was future!Barry speeding young!Barry out of the house while Reverse-Flash killed Nora.

I mean, did he just fade away when the timeline changed? Does he still exist somehow?

BANNED

I think the Speedforce excuses you from a lot of the normal rules, but brings its own set of drawbacks with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think they've ever explained what happened to the original Flash. The last we saw of him was future!Barry speeding young!Barry out of the house while Reverse-Flash killed Nora.

I mean, did he just fade away when the timeline changed? Does he still exist somehow?
    I'm inclined to think he still exists somewhere, but that's just my preference.

Marvel and DC have always alternated between alterations completely destroying timelines and simply branching them off, based on whatever they wanted to accomplish at the moment.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I think we're all curious to see what the life of the ORIGINAL, unmodified Barry Allen/Flash from the TV series would have been like if no one had ever messed with the timeline.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014