Page 511 of 827 FirstFirst ... 11411461501507508509510511512513514515521561611 ... LastLast
Results 7,651 to 7,665 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    King Shark is on the loose.
    Not on the loose looks like argus is using him to guard something. Also him and captain cold in one episode...someone's been reading my dream journal.

Incredible Member

When Barry was looking at his hand after Wally said 'we're brothers' had me rollin'

Felt like a place holder episode.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Sure, but it was a cute one.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Is there still time for that, with very few episodes left in the season?

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Soooo...that episode pretty much destroyed my Eddie Thawne theory from the get-go. LOL.

Even so, this was probably my favorite episode of the season. It had the best balance of humor, gravity and characterization. The amnesia subplot was a lot of fun and it was bittersweet when Barry took on the weight of his memories to become a hero again. Tonally, it reminded me of Raimi's Spider-Man 2, which is a good thing.

I'm glad Savitar is a time remnant instead of our Barry...though wouldn't it be wild if they pulled a Ben Reilly at some point and a few seasons down the line we learn that they got switched up! (No, I'm NOT theorizing they'll do that.)

Retired

It's funny that Wally and Barry are brothers--but Barry and Iris are ?

This episode was amusing, so long as I didn't think about it. As soon as I start thinking about it--baffling.

Robert Kanigher could have written this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

This episode was amusing, so long as I didn't think about it. As soon as I start thinking about it--baffling.

I think its cause they knew each other before they lived together and were childhood sweethearts so maybe they didn't consider themselves as siblings? To Iris she wasn't getting a brother in Barry she was just helping out a friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post

They are speed force brothers

So...Flashpoint somehow resulted in the existence of Savitar and created a time loop where one of Barry's Time Remnants survive the battle with Savitar and, feeling so burdened by the loss of Iris and being shunned by the rest of Team Flash, eventually turns into Savitar himself and goes back in time to restart the loop. Did I follow that correctly ?

Though even Joe points out that it doesn't answer the question of how the loop started in the first place, and there's still the question of future Barry's suit. Did he build it himself? Does the suit keep him stable as a Time Remnant or something? Are those scars something Savitar (his future self) gave him to remember him by? What did Alchemy's Philosopher Stone have to do with any of this?

It's kind of funny that Barry, or the Barry's, are still under the impression Thawne is alive while the Legends have, by this point, already taken care of the problem with him none the wiser .

It only took Barry losing his memories to really emphasize how much more brooding and serious Barry has become each subsequent season of the show. I mean, it's not like he hasn't had reason to, but I kinda miss happy-go-lucky and excited Barry being more common then no-nonsense, depressed, Barry. It was fun seeing him act a little more like his old self in this episode.

"Bart's a cool name." Just wait until you actually meet Bart, Wally...

Wally's "we're brothers line" and Barry and Wally's subsequent reactions was hilarious .

I have to admit, Savitar having no idea who he is was actually kind of hilarious. Especially since it meant the team's plan worked.

"Heat Monger?" Is he supposed to be the Chillblaine equivalent of Heat Wave? They even mentioned Mick.

Julian probably is the closest we'll get to seeing what a pre-character development Hartley would've been like on Team Flash. They both even started off as villains and had similar tastes in costumes.

Of course the only thing that would get through to Caitlin is reminding her of Ronnie. Julian's love confession probably didn't hurt either. She's still in there somewhere.

Well, I guess it's good to know the government is making good use of King Shark...makes me wonder if they've got something in store for Grodd?

Even though they haven't legitimately revived him yet, The Flash sure seems to find plenty of excuses to bring Captain Cold back. Seems like Barry is going to pick him up during his adventures with the Legends. Anyone wanna bet Barry slips up and reveals to Snart his future death?

I really don't like how the ending tried to emphasize that pain and personal tradgedy is what makes him a hero. That's Batman, not the Flash. And it's pretty much comics Hunter Zolomon. And comics Barry had both of his parents around until he disappeared in Crisis and his return in Flash Rebirth. Bottomline, I get irritated when they try to turn every character into Batman. Can't one silver age character be a hero and not be motivated by a personal tradgedy. Like have both parents alive or something?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I really don't like how the ending tried to emphasize that pain and personal tradgedy is what makes him a hero. That's Batman, not the Flash. And it's pretty much comics Hunter Zolomon. And comics Barry had both of his parents around until he disappeared in Crisis and his return in Flash Rebirth. Bottomline, I get irritated when they try to turn every character into Batman. Can't one silver age character be a hero and not be motivated by a personal tradgedy. Like have both parents alive or something?
    I think you're severely misinterpreting that scene. It's not that Barry needs tragedy in his life to be a better hero, he is not Batman. It's that he has had numerous tragedies occur in his life (and you cannot argue this: every human being has as well) and instead of letting them bring him down he wants to use them to motivate him and to make him a better person.

With Batman, a very specific tragedy inspired Bruce Wayne to take up crimefighting.

In the Flash, Barry Allen has had tragedy in his life. That's basically it. Like any human being Barry Allen has faced tragedy before. All that scene was was Barry telling Iris how he can't let those tragedies bring him down. Totally different.

BANNED

Also I would argue that it's Batman's virtues, intellect, willpower, and strength that make him a hero not his tragedy, but that's a whole other convo for a later date.

I guess I'm not surprised Barry was a fan of DBZ. It seems kind of prophetic for how his life would become defined by harnessing his energy (Ki), power levels, and special moves, and I guess all these evil Speedsters is his equivalent to the Saiyan Saga.

Maybe Thawne is his Vegeta ?

Ultimate Member

I doubt that Thawne will get the long, gradual redemption arc that Vegeta got.

Also of course it's being reminded of the men in her life that gets through to Caitlin. They really don't know what to do with her otherwise it would seem.