Page 516 of 827 FirstFirst ... 16416466506512513514515516517518519520526566616 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's a causal loop. So there is no prime mover. Causal loops are theoretical concepts discussed by scientists and philosophers alike. So I guess when philosophers think too hard about causal loops, they pass philosopher stones.

Am I supposed to know what that ruby of life is with King Shark? How could something like that generate energy equal to the Sun's? Its mass would be so big, King Shark couldn't stand that close to it without being torn apart.
    Causality loop.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Causality loop.
    "Causality loop" takes me to Star Trek pages, where "causal loop" brings me to general pages about time travel. So I think causal loop is the generic term, while casuality loop has Trek's fingerprints on it.

metahuman power damper..... sigh.

So why dont they use that ON OTHER META HUMANS!!!

BANNED

Got a feeling Iris WILL die.

Also, Captain Cold's overacting is awful.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrump View Post
    Got a feeling Iris WILL die.
    That would be the definition of an epic fail on the show's part if that happened.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    That would be the definition of an epic fail on the show's part if that happened.
    Her or Joe.

.........and now I think it may be H.R.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Aaaaaaaaand you owe me $5.

Mighty Member

RIP Iris. Barry will avenge you.

Ultimate Member

Well given how terribly this show treats it's female characters overall, I cannot say that I'm surprised.

Iris dies, HR is going back to his world, Cisco and Killer Frost rumble in the forest Kid Flash incapacitated.

I would really love if they went through Iris's funeral only to have Impulse show up at the very end for the cliffhanger.

BANNED

Wait. People are actually thinking Iris is going to still be dead in another 45 minutes of show time?

Ultimate Member

Are they suddenly going to give her some actual agency in what's supposed to be her story? No, then it doesn't matter if she stays dead or not, the story still sucks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Are they suddenly going to give her some actual agency in what's supposed to be her story? No, then it doesn't matter if she stays dead or not, the story still sucks.
    The story sucks, but not for that reason. It's not supposed to be her story. It's supposed to be Barry's. And it has been. But it's also been childish, inconsistent, and contradictory.

Hmm.

I definitely seem to be on this "This can't really be as simple as Iris is dead and that is it." camp.

While Iris just being dead could certainly be, I can't really buy it with forty-five minutes of story left to tell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Hmm.

I definitely seem to be on this "This can't really be as simple as Iris is dead and that is it." camp.

While Iris just being dead could certainly be, I can't really buy it with forty-five minutes of story left to tell.
    My best guess is that the resolution is going to be truly infuriating, though I admit I'm having trouble feeling invested enough to put a lot of thought into it.

It seems an awful lot like where they're going with this is Barry goes back in time to stop Savitar (returning to the time that Barry created him, and stopping himself from doing it, seems like the most obvious way), Iris will never have died, and Barry/Team Flash will learn a great lesson that messing with time isn't as bad as all that and totally negate the lesson that they've been drumming into our heads all season long. HR will have some pivotal (possibly decisive) role, Killer Frost will be precariously cured, and Barry and Iris could possibly marry - though that seems unlikely to me just because I don't see doing the vows twice in two episodes.

The Speed Force may get involved too - they've been perfect representations so far of the Wormhole Entities from DS9 and so are likely to inexplicably provide last minute help for no good reason. And the season will end much like Back To The Future III, where the writers totally fail to live up to the lesson the entire story has been about.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 05-16-2017 at 06:44 PM.