Page 559 of 827 FirstFirst ... 59459509549555556557558559560561562563569609659 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,385 of 12392

Am i the only one who really likes this Kid Flash/Wally West? The first few episodes i wasn't keen on him but he's grown on me. The character portrayal nails the enthusiasm aspect of Kid Flash. Seems like out of the team he gets the least love of all which i would agree i prefer others on the team but i like him on the team. The suit could use an upgrade.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-14-2017 at 04:14 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I'm going to miss H.R.--he always had some new information about Earth-19 to share. I feel like we never got the full deal on that world and they could have gone a lot further in developing that concept. I was hoping one day we'd get to see that planet in all its quirky glory.
    As far as I'm concerned, I know everything I need to about Earth 19.

It has no coffee; a "blight" wiped a lot of stuff out; There was an incident that makes the punishment for crossing universes *extremely* harsh.....

I watched that Earth for quite a few seasons a few years back. It was commonly known as the "Red" Universe under a different multiversal designation....

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I initially didn't like the show's version of Wally but he grew on me. I would like it if he wasn't stuck in this "always second best" phase the show pigeonholed him into.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I initially didn't like the show's version of Wally but he grew on me. I would like it if he wasn't stuck in this "always second best" phase the show pigeonholed him into.
    Isn't he kind of destined to be second best as Kid Flash. I don't mind it. There's a certain humility to the character in that role that i find endearing. Even when there's the enthusiastic trying to make it "team Kid Flash" and everyone's like "nahhhhh" i felt it works for him in that role. This story/this team is likely always going to be Team Flash where Kid Flash is the secondary Flash. He still has his moments. The solo appearance in Legends of Tomorrow was nice.

Technically, he's sort of third Flash as Jesse Quick is probably somewhat above him in her Flash journey probably but she's usually out of the picture unfortunately.

I guess for the sake of progression at some point down the line maybe like season 6-8 it might have to stop being the enthusiastic Kid Flash following along and grow into more of an equal Flash. I like how it is now though.
    Last edited by SXVA; 10-14-2017 at 04:41 PM.
    I wanna ditch the logical... don't let me let you go...., living for the only thing i know, hanging by a moment... nom nom coffee nom nom tea.

Retired

Keiynan Lonsdale does seem to have lost some weight--maybe playing a speedster has that effect on people. The video of him at San Diego Comic Con won me over--he seems like a genuine fan, like Ezra Miller. But his Wally doesn't catch a break. If Firestorm leaves LEGENDS, I want to see Wally go over to that show. Maybe Wally and Jesse as a duo. Perhaps, they could lend each other speed so that working together would be more effective than being apart.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Keynan is far from the best actor in the cast and his Wally has little to do with the character I love from the comics but he really does bring a nice enthusiasm to the role that actually made him a breath of fresh air last season when up against the perenially mopey Barry Allen.

As for the premier, I thought it was a lot of fun and a step in the right direction. I'm glad they dealt with most of the aftermath from last season quickly so we can move onto whatever's next. As long as it's fun and hopeful with characters I like and some goofy superhero action, I'm pretty much AOK with it. This obviously doesn't have the depth or just plain quality of something like a Joss Whedon show so accepting it for what it is makes it a hell of a lot easier to enjoy.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

I watched the first few seasons of BUFFY last year and might get back to it eventually. But I don't think the show is as good as I remembered it being. I have affection for the characters, but it's kind of predictable and often dumb. Not any better than THE FLASH or SUPERGIRL. If Whedon was producing a TV show now--unless it was for something like HBO--he probably wouldn't be able to do any better on a CW budget for a full season of 23 episodes.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I watched the first few seasons of BUFFY last year and might get back to it eventually. But I don't think the show is as good as I remembered it being. I have affection for the characters, but it's kind of predictable and often dumb. Not any better than THE FLASH or SUPERGIRL. If Whedon was producing a TV show now--unless it was for something like HBO--he probably wouldn't be able to do any better on a CW budget for a full season of 23 episodes.
    The first season of Buffy is hardly representative of its greatness. I rewatch the show all the time and it's simply on a whole other level to these CW shows. I'm certainly not talking about the VFX, obviously, but the depth of storytelling and characterization is still years ahead of the Arrowverse shows.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Astonishing Member

Keiynan Lonsdale does seem to have lost some weight--maybe playing a speedster has that effect on people. The video of him at San Diego Comic Con won me over--he seems like a genuine fan, like Ezra Miller. But his Wally doesn't catch a break. If Firestorm leaves LEGENDS, I want to see Wally go over to that show. Maybe Wally and Jesse as a duo. Perhaps, they could lend each other speed so that working together would be more effective than being apart.
    Maybe Wally's been skimping on his concentrated protein bars. That aspect of Speedster powers, that speedsters burn through a lot of calories, has come up once or twice but only with Barry iirc.

Speaking of which, money again. Since the only one who appears to hold down a regular job anymore is Joe (it's clear Barry's skills are what keeps him employed, since he seems to spend bugger all time actually working), what does everyone else live on and how is Star Labs kept in condition? Unless Thawne!Wells left Barry a multi-billion dollar fortune it must have run out by the start of season 4. All the tech can't come cheap, and Barry able to afford what must be an expensive apartment (it's incredibly spacey for just two people no matter how fast one of them is) just raises questions.
    Last edited by jbmasta; 10-14-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Maybe Wally's been skimping on his concentrated protein bars. That aspect of Speedster powers, that speedsters burn through a lot of calories, has come up once or twice but only with Barry iirc.

Speaking of which, money again. Since the only one who appears to hold down a regular job anymore is Joe (it's clear Barry's skills are what keeps him employed, since he seems to spend bugger all time actually working), what does everyone else live on and how is Star Labs kept in condition? Unless Thawne!Wells left Barry a multi-billion dollar fortune it must have run out by the start of season 4. All the tech can't come cheap, and Barry able to afford what must be an expensive apartment (it's incredibly spacey for just two people no matter how fast one of them is) just raises questions.
    Wasn't Cisco creating anti-meta weapons/tech for the CCPD? Joe was using some hi-tech weapon against the Samuroid. And what about the Flash museum HR was making? Is that still going on?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Wasn't Cisco creating anti-meta weapons/tech for the CCPD? Joe was using some hi-tech weapon against the Samuroid. And what about the Flash museum HR was making? Is that still going on?
    Since we didn't see anything with the CCPD apart from the capture of Peekaboo (where Joe used a taser), we don't know if Team Kid Flash used their help in the six month gap. Since HR was the one pushing the Flash museum, I'd imagine it was quietly closed down with Team Kid Flash busy with catching metas (and developing a bad track record doing so).

Speaking of high-tech, I'm getting serious Metron vibes from the Thinker. He must be a fan of Power Rangers, the Samuroid looks like something Rita would send out.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    Isn't he kind of destined to be second best as Kid Flash.
    Yep. That won't be changing (at least permanently) in the Arrowverse.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Right now, Keiynan Lonsdale doesn't have the acting chops to carry the role of the Flash, but given a chance to improve (and better scripts) he could grow into the part. So by the end of year 5, if Gustin wants to leave for better things, then I could see Wally taking over (with strong support from the team).

Quote Originally Posted by jbmasta View Post
    Iris is a reporter (not that I think a reporter's salary is much to talk about) and now Caitlin is a bartender, so they also have jobs.

I just assume Thawne/Wells' fortune, that he probably willed to Barry after his death alongside STAR Labs, is what's keeping the group funded and able to afford living expenses

Retired

I can appreciate from the promos of Thinker that some people are picking up a Metron vibe. They're definitely going for that aesthetic. It's cool, but a part of me hankers for the old school steam punk thinking cap. Maybe this is yet another case of CW sneaking in an aspect of another character that they can't use through a character they can use. Atom and Arrow being other examples of this. I'm sure the producers have asked DC if they could use any or all of the Fourth World and I'm sure they were given a firm No, since that's property WB would want for the movies--and we already have Mother Boxes and Steppenwolf for JUSTICE LEAGUE (and probably would have got more if they had done JUSTICE LEAGUE Part 2).