Page 56 of 827 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156556 ... LastLast
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Man, does Gustin make Barry such likeable a guy.

Menwhile. I am growing a little sick of Monster of the Week.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by gsnake007 View Post
    Im calling it now at some point in the show Barry and Caitlin are gonna hook up
    I second that. If you watched the 1990s Flash show, Caitlin seems to fulfill a role equivalent to Dr. Tina McGee who I suspect the Flash would have hooked up with had the show continued. She even had the same thing of her fiancee or husband having been killed. Iris had, I think, only two appearances in that show and both of them made the viewer want him to dump her and get together with Tina.

However, I got the hint in this episode that Caitlin is going to hook up with the other guy she works with. Then she'll probably end that and hook up with Barry and then finally Barry and Iris will end up together.

I'm also looking forward to Dr. Tina McGee (played by Amanda Payes, same actress as in the 1990s show), showing up in this show. Promo said same character she played in the 1990s show. Well, obviously, this reality's version of that character since her history will be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    Clearly the show is focus on Maroni versus Falcone and Penguin's effort to rise to power. At the same time Gordon is adjusting to being in a cop in Gotham trying to change things. So there clearly is a vision for what is going on.

But hey I really don't wanna try to convince you to like you don't like. Enjoy the flash and if you don't like Gotham then don't watch it.
    I think both shows clearly have a plan and know where they are going. The Flash is a nice show to off-set the darker tone of Gotham though. It's amusing and amazing that a show about a guy who saw his mother murdered and everybody thinks his father did it can still manage to have a lighter tone. A lot of that is scenes where Gustin plays that lighter side.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm also looking forward to Dr. Tina McGee (played by Amanda Payes, same actress as in the 1990s show), showing up in this show. Promo said same character she played in the 1990s show. Well, obviously, this reality's version of that character since her history will be different.
    Loved her ever since she was on Max Headroom.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Any ideas who will be in the CW Justice League?

So far it looks like Green Arrow, Flash, Atom, and Firestorm.

I really hope for a Martian Manhunter, since it seems like the movies aren't going to use him.

I was thinking they make solo shows of whoever they think can carry one and then do like a TV movie Justice league special.

As far as flash goes itself I think its great. I really want to see Captain Cold, the possible 2nd Weather Wizard, and Heatwave too.

I read Firestorm himself will appear in December episodes, can't wait for that.

And of course the wheelchair guy (sorry still learning their names), wanna know who he is and how he has all of this futuristic stuff.
    You could also throw in Roy, maybe Wildcat could become a hero as well.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

I really love all the characters so far. I also like how no characters are (thus far) off-limits. Plus, this Barry is so much more likable than his comic book counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyDreadful View Post
    I really love all the characters so far. I also like how no characters are (thus far) off-limits. Plus, this Barry is so much more likable than his comic book counterpart.
    Blue Beetle was off limits, but they replaced him Ray Palmer. Though I guess that's on Arrow, not Flash.

Grodd has just been confirmed to appear in Flash.
    Last edited by byrd156; 10-23-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Incredible Member PennyDreadful's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Blue Beetle was off limits, but they replaced him Ray Palmer. Though I guess that's on Arrow, not Flash.

Grodd has just been confirmed to appear in Flash.
    Which Blue Beetle is it and why is he off-limits?

Spectacular Member

The Arrow people asked for the Ted Kord version and were denied and offered Ray Palmer as an alternative. We do not know why they were denied.

BANNED

I doubt Barry and Caitlin are going to get together since Ronnie is coming back later in the season.

Joe is really stealing a lot of the scenes he's in, and that's a good thing mind.

I love how they addressed the idea that unless EVERY metavillain they meet is going to die, they needed holding cells
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Den View Post
    Joe is really stealing a lot of the scenes he's in, and that's a good thing mind.

I love how they addressed the idea that unless EVERY metavillain they meet is going to die, they needed holding cells
    Yeah, but they haven't yet addressed things like trials...are they just going to imprison them?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    Yeah, but they haven't yet addressed things like trials...are they just going to imprison them?
    Temporarily, perhaps, until they can provide the justice system with means of imprisonment with the means to handle metahuman villains.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It was Ted Kord, that's why Kord Enterprises has been referenced a lot.

3 episodes in and I'm really loving this show. Really wish I could see it in HD (currently have DISH network and the CW is not offered in HD, just ... Low-Definition. Blecch).

After (what I'm assuming is going to keep being) this show's usual outro involving the mystery of Harrison Wells, count me in among the rest who think this guy is the real Eobard Thawne.

Especially after the flashback line (mid-episode) about how he's "been waiting for this moment for what seems like centuries" regarding the particle reactor's activation. Although here's an odd thought ... could Harrison Wells actually be ... Vandal Savage? Nahhh ... right?

Also, how long before Henry Allen finds out his son's secret identity? I feel this may happen by season's end.

I think a lot more people are going to know Barry's secret and I'm fine with that. One of the most innovative things about the Iron Age Flash (Wally West) in the comics was the fact that his identity was public and everyone knew who he was. It was unique and awesome to read about this celebrity superhero who still had to worry about vulnerable supporting cast like his mom (and estranged dad), various girlfriends including future wife Linda Park. I hope Barry's ID goes public before the series end.