Page 577 of 827 FirstFirst ... 77477527567573574575576577578579580581587627677 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,655 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Wherever this show goes, I think this episode demonstrated it's not going the route of Arrow. That would have been the indication of last season.
    I just mean being really really bad until we all get fed up, and then (possibly) good again, but still not quite the same.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I just mean being really really bad until we all get fed up, and then (possibly) good again, but still not quite the same.
    Fair enough, but I rather enjoyed the episode. I actually didn't expect to be watching Flash anymore after last season. But they've put the fun back in the show after a miserable season long story last year, and it makes me smile.

Fair enough, but I rather enjoyed the episode. I actually didn't expect to be watching Flash anymore after last season. But they've put the fun back in the show after a miserable season long story last year, and it makes me smile.
    Agreed. It was becoming a chore to watch Flash last season with the constant melodrama in every episode. This season? I'm eagerly looking forward to each week because its a fun series again. Sure, it still has some drama, but its not overbearing like it was last season.

You know you've watched too many DC shows when you've lost count of how many of them have had episodes called "Girls Night Out" (three? four?). I liked Iris bonding with Caitlin as more than a work friend, but they could've pointed out that Iris doesn't really have many friends because she's working so often (Felicity kind of has the same problem...who would've been her Maid of Honor if she married Ollie...Thea? Lilah? Laurel?! That would've been awkward). Would've also liked to see more of Iris and Cecile, how is she dealing with the idea of having a new mom?

On the guys' end, Ralph is funny but in a more sleazy way than I expected. At least he and Barry are cool now. I'm guessing Barry didn't use his powers and suit up because they needed that budget for Killer Frost (and, well, it made more sense for the women to handle that problem in the first place) and some of Ralph's antics. I felt like I missed something, Joe tried to break up the fight because he's a cop but he landed in jail anyway...and somehow Harry didn't? I like them addressing Joe nearing 50 and wondering if he can be a good father, but why is everyone considering Wally an example of a success? Joe kind of dropped the ball with him.

They sort of glossed over it, but considering the timeline of how long she's been active, I guess Amunet got her powers from the particle accelerator?

Quote Originally Posted by RyDub View Post
    Barry said "This house is bitchen" and joe said it in the last episode when they were talking about selling the house and talking to the plumber Joe says "This house is Bitchen" I think most of which was going along with things that will happen this season. I am calling it now I am thinking that Iris ends up preggers by the end of the season so we get the line "We are going to need more diapers"
    Cisco said "this house is bitchen" this time around! If Iris does get pregnant, I still want there to be twins.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Shades of the "Trial of the Flash" storyline from the comics. A daring choice considering how that story isn't remembered particularly well.
    Not particularly well, but it is remembered, and that's probably why they're doing it. It's like Spider-Man revisiting the Clone Saga. It's iconic in a weird way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Not only does Marvel Comics exist in the Arrowverse, but so does Doctor Who. That's even stranger, since so many Who actors are in the Arrowverse.
    These paradoxes are starting to hurt. Barry made a reference to Titanic in this episode. So, does Victor Garber the actor exist in this universe as well as Professor Stein?

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Is it wrong that I'm genuinely wondering about DeVoe's age?

I may be getting ahead of myself here but...

Last season one of the throw away lines was Thawne's WHO'S THE VILLAIN NOW BARRY?! as a fun really subtle way to foreshadow/ reference Savitar.

What if the DeVoe who's a kid really IS the same one building up this group IE the one Joe jokingly mentioned who was only a few years old? We're stuck to thinking the chair is some advanced tech uploader which is possible. But what if its original purpose was more mundance. It being some kind of age suppresor or life support system?
    Would Cisco and Harry's search for DeVoe's have found something like that? I mean, a good way to narrow it down would be to look for unusual people with the name "DeVoe" and a kid that aged super fast and needs an age suppressor should make a ping on their radar, assuming it's public info.

BANNED

It would have been more hilarious if Barry had tried to stop the fight after declaring he is the flash and then passes out or trips and knocks himself out. Why the police would arrest a felloe cop for trying to stop a brawl is beyond me. in fact Joe should have been shown using his status to keep all of them out of jail.

Amazing Member

Not sure if someone else already brought this up before but am I the only one getting Plastic Man vibes from this version of Elongated Man? His personality and sense of humor is much more like Plas and so I'm wondering why they didn't just use Plastic Man in the first place.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    These paradoxes are starting to hurt. Barry made a reference to Titanic in this episode. So, does Victor Garber the actor exist in this universe as well as Professor Stein?
    Especially since Stein made his own Titanic reference a few episodes back himself on LoT.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by elenita View Post
    Not sure if someone else already brought this up before but am I the only one getting Plastic Man vibes from this version of Elongated Man? His personality and sense of humor is much more like Plas and so I'm wondering why they didn't just use Plastic Man in the first place.
    It's more Ralph than Eel so far, IMO, but he really needs Sue to become 100% himself.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Joe is a better man than I. I couldn't help thinking to myself how Cecil's daughter was full of crap when she gave Joe her explanation for stripping.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Joe is a better man than I. I couldn't help thinking to myself how Cecil's daughter was full of crap when she gave Joe her explanation for stripping.
    It was a silly explanation, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Especially since Stein made his own Titanic reference a few episodes back himself on LoT.
    I think you and 90'sCartoonMan are overthinking this. Its just meant to be an Easter Egg for those things.

As Mystery Science Theater 3000 says; "If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts, (lalala) "Repeat to yourself, "its just a show, I should really just relax!""

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    You know you've watched too many DC shows when you've lost count of how many of them have had episodes called "Girls Night Out" (three? four?). I liked Iris bonding with Caitlin as more than a work friend, but they could've pointed out that Iris doesn't really have many friends because she's working so often (Felicity kind of has the same problem...who would've been her Maid of Honor if she married Ollie...Thea? Lilah? Laurel?! That would've been awkward). Would've also liked to see more of Iris and Cecile, how is she dealing with the idea of having a new mom?
    At this point a "Girls Night Out" story is a genre staple (assuming you have enough women on the show to constitute a girls night out).

I remember when Iris and Linda were close at their news office, but then Linda got shipped off.

Laurel as Felicity's Maid of Honor would have been...really weird. Especially since she admitted on her deathbed that she was still in love with Ollie.

On the guys' end, Ralph is funny but in a more sleazy way than I expected. At least he and Barry are cool now. I'm guessing Barry didn't use his powers and suit up because they needed that budget for Killer Frost (and, well, it made more sense for the women to handle that problem in the first place) and some of Ralph's antics. I felt like I missed something, Joe tried to break up the fight because he's a cop but he landed in jail anyway...and somehow Harry didn't? I like them addressing Joe nearing 50 and wondering if he can be a good father, but why is everyone considering Wally an example of a success? Joe kind of dropped the ball with him.
    I'm guessing Joe pulled some strings to make sure none of them end up with criminal records (or more of one in Ralph's case).

Harry was probably the only one with enough sense to get out of dodge, which is how he avoided getting arrested.

When Joe learned about Wally he made every effort to get close to him and take care of him, right down to pushing Wally to go to college. Granted, everybody dropped the ball with Wally this season.

They sort of glossed over it, but considering the timeline of how long she's been active, I guess Amunet got her powers from the particle accelerator?
    Had to have been if she's been doing this under Team Flash's noses for three years.

She's definitely not one of the bus Metas.
    Cisco said "this house is bitchen" this time around! If Iris does get pregnant, I still want there to be twins.
    I feel like we're going to constantly see the team trying to work that line in to try and justify the translation.
    Would Cisco and Harry's search for DeVoe's have found something like that? I mean, a good way to narrow it down would be to look for unusual people with the name "DeVoe" and a kid that aged super fast and needs an age suppressor should make a ping on their radar, assuming it's public info.
    I'm kind of surrpsied DeVoe was a common name to begin with. It doesn't feel like it should be.

Are there other "Snarts" we don't know about ?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It's more Ralph than Eel so far, IMO, but he really needs Sue to become 100% himself.
    In this episode he felt a lot more like Eel, what with stealing some cash, the whole strip club thing, and talking about his criminal record.

Once they start emphasizing his detective skills and his development into the Elongated Man, on-top of introducing Sue, then I'll think we've finally really got Ralph Dibny in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I mean, I also believe that a woman can dress sexily and still be powerful and in control of her body, but that doesn't mean she has to be a stripper.

Just contrast that to Amunet and Killer Frost in this episode.

BANNED

Don't get me wrong--I'm all for fun. It's the reason I absolutely adore Legends of Tomorrow; on that show, in my opinion, there is an almost perfect blend of drama and goofy humor. I do like the lighter tone and comic book wackiness we've seen in the Flash this season; however the writing simply doesn't work for me. A show can have many many things that work but if the stuff that holds all of those things together is weak, at its core it is a bad show. Obviously this is just my opinion, it's just that from what I've seen the writing has only gotten worse. Sloppier, lazier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I think you and 90'sCartoonMan are overthinking this. Its just meant to be an Easter Egg for those things.

As Mystery Science Theater 3000 says; "If you're wondering how he eats and breathes, and other science facts, (lalala) "Repeat to yourself, "its just a show, I should really just relax!""
    I wasn't really overthinking it myself. Just adding my two cents.

Good episode, I'm starting to come around to this season