Page 580 of 827 FirstFirst ... 80480530570576577578579580581582583584590630680 ... LastLast
Results 8,686 to 8,700 of 12392
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Since it was Cisco who called it a council of Wells, we can assume it's Cisco easter egging and intentionally referring to something that already exists in pop culture--so blame Cisco for the homage. But a guy talking to his doppelgangers is nothing new or exclusive to one IP.

What comic was Ralph reading? I saw ALL-STARS on the cover.
    The comic was Young All-Stars. It was a sequel to All-Star Squadron which took place after the events of the Crisis.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Tom Cavanagh deserve some kind of Emmy recognition.
    Agreed, though nobody can top Tatiana Maslany for doppelganger acting, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by dairanger View Post
    The comic was Young All-Stars. It was a sequel to All-Star Squadron which took place after the events of the Crisis.
    I thought that's what it was at first. I used to read YOUNG ALL-STARS. But then I thought it had to be something else--maybe a new title I didn't know about--because that comic is thirty years old and surely they wouldn't have that just hanging around. But maybe someone on the production is a Roy Thomas fan.

Retired

A video review of this episode pointed out that Black Bison (Mina Chayton) is Lakota and a member of the Sioux Nation. Thus Ralph has already met a Sioux. Not that she's a replacement for Sue Dearbon (I don't think).

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    Slipknot would either be shifted over to Arrow or he'd be a metahuman with the ability to control rope. Did Typhoon ever actually make it into the comics or was he just in the issues cancelled by the DC Implosion? I know I read that issue on comixology, but it wasn't even colored or anything.
    He appeared in firestorm’s second series- and the flash has it’s own rainmaker with weather wizard.

BANNED

Is it just me or are the Flash's female villains almost comically easy to defeat once they really go after them?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Is it just me or are the Flash's female villains almost comically easy to defeat once they really go after them?
    The same could probably be said about a lot of the male villains when you think about it.

Like, if they had just punched out Killg%re instead of talking to him they would have saved themselves a lot of trouble.

Ditto with Black Bison. I really don't see why Barry couldn't have just super-speeded her into cuffs rather then just holding a conversation with her so she could have time to possess something. Heck, that's basically what he did in the end anyways.

Hazard at least made it near-impossible to capture her until they canceled out her luck powers.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The same could probably be said about a lot of the male villains when you think about it.

Like, if they had just punched out Killg%re instead of talking to him they would have saved themselves a lot of trouble.

Ditto with Black Bison. I really don't see why Barry couldn't have just super-speeded her into cuffs rather then just holding a conversation with her so she could have time to possess something. Heck, that's basically what he did in the end anyways.

Hazard at least made it near-impossible to capture her until they canceled out her luck powers.
    Yeah, for real. I mean most of the villains are just what I call Super-Normals. Normal people with super powers. No real training. But being a DC Who's Who book fan. Most of the vaillains and many of the heroes lack fighting skills or have really basic abilities. I actually kinda like that about DC heroes and villains. It means a lot of times they HAVE to use their heads.

Watching lethal weapon on hulu and I just found the best kid to play Bart Alan. http://m.imdb.com/name/nm6178549/med...r/rm4230098176. His name is Chase Magnum.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Agreed, though nobody can top Tatiana Maslany for doppelganger acting, IMO.

I agree with you there.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Watching lethal weapon on hulu and I just found the best kid to play Bart Alan. http://m.imdb.com/name/nm6178549/med...r/rm4230098176. His name is Chase Magnum.
    That CANNOT be his real name.

Sandy Hausler

Ultimate Member

True but at least some of the male villains get to feel like actual threats, and even be "big bads." The female villains, not so much.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I worry when they get to Slipnot and Hyena
    May I ask why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I hope not when Blacksmith come back.

The opening was a fun variation on that scene where the guy held up Barry in season 1, though the crook in this situation ended up far worse for wear then that guy .
    That was pretty funny.

Why am I suddenly expecting Ralph to try and flirt with Hazard once she inevitably breaks out of prison? Maybe he'll even be her type.
    I hope not.

I love how Barry and Iris brought Ralph to their marriage counselor. They should just drag everybody who's having a personal or mental crisis in to see her.
    I think they just reveal their secrets to her and hire her to be the superhero psychologist.

It would've been fun to see HR bounce off the Council of Wells, though free-spirit Wells reminded me a lot of HR. And I guess this makes up for Tom Cavanagh not getting to be a new Wells this season.
    I want to know which Earth Wizard Wells comes from.

I know it's me, but I'm insulted that Earth-22 is post-apocalyptic. Yes, I am a fan of Alex Ross. I guess they only mentioned Earth-22 as a tie in because the Batman Who Laughs is from -22 Earth. Earth-14 would have been better, but that's my small weird opinion.

I'm guessing Arrowverse Earth-12 is based on DC's Earth-45.

Well, at least they got Earth-47 right.

All that stuff with him at the end was pure Ralph though.
    So True!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    May I ask why?
    They're both Firestorm villains, like Black Bison was.

Retired

Road Warrior Wells seems more like a George Miller homage than an Alex Ross one. They run outa petrol, mate.

McConaughey-hey-hey Wells also had touches of Al Calavicci (QUANTUM LEAP)--he was often in the middle of some side action when his hologram would appear.

The German Wells made me think of Mike Myer's Sprockets parody--aber ich bin nicht sicher, die kanadische Kultur ist nicht komisch.