Page 594 of 827 FirstFirst ... 94494544584590591592593594595596597598604644694 ... LastLast
Results 8,896 to 8,910 of 12392
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    man, the thinker must be really good at that because he knew barry was going to be stupid enough not to clean up the crime scene.
    I doubt that Devoe would have left just his dead body and the gun. He would have made sure that there were witnesses to him entering the building and Barry's and Iris's apartment, witnesses hearing the gunshots (how else did the police arrive at the apartment so quickly) and possibly hiding one of the bullet casings under a couch or end table that Barry could overlook.

Wonder how the Thinker is going to plant gunshot residue on Barry to show he fired the gun that killed him (or his body).

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I doubt that Devoe would have left just his dead body and the gun. He would have made sure that there were witnesses to him entering the building and Barry's and Iris's apartment, witnesses hearing the gunshots (how else did the police arrive at the apartment so quickly) and possibly hiding one of the bullet casings under a couch or end table that Barry could overlook.

Wonder how the Thinker is going to plant gunshot residue on Barry to show he fired the gun that killed him (or his body).
    You realize that Thinker made it look like Barry stabbed his old body, right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post

What exactly would have happened if Barry had just vibrated out of there? He wasn't there when Devoe's body was left, so no one could testify that Barry had been there at the same time as Devoe. Any witnesses either saw Barry arrive alone (and they aren't plausible since Barry isn't there now) or they saw Barry so long before that he has the people at the West party to testify Barry was at the party not the apartment. Even if there is other evidence Barry could have at least not been found at the scene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    You realize that Thinker made it look like Barry stabbed his old body, right?
    with his prints all over that knife, a recorded history of Barry "harassing" him, and the restraining order

it was quite a masterful plan

even if Barry wasn't there, the PD finding the body in his place with his prints on the knife and their history, he ends up wanted either way

Retired

There are some questions I have about how the Thinker and the Mechanic were able to set this all up in so little time. They had to work on DeVoe's corpse to remove any forensic evidence that would suggest he was the metahuman Thinker (like the fact that the top of his head comes completely off) then get the body into the apartment, with forensic evidence that points to Barry but no evidence that points to the Mechanic or anyone else. But I guess we're not supposed to think about that. They can do anything. But if the Thinker and Mechanic can do all this, there probably was an easier way to get DeVoe the help he needs. But maybe he's a fan of Rube Goldberg.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    with his prints all over that knife, a recorded history of Barry "harassing" him, and the restraining order

it was quite a masterful plan

even if Barry wasn't there, the PD finding the body in his place with his prints on the knife and their history, he ends up wanted either way
    And don't forget the cut Barry got when he was fighting DeVoe when DeVoe was in full Metron mode. Now it'll look like DeVoe struggled against his attacker, which he made to look like it was Barry.

Agreed: quite a a masterful plan.

Here's a question- Devoe had a restraining order out against Barry. Wasn't Devoe violating that order by going to Barry's apartment? Couldn't Barry just claim that Devoe broke in to his house and attacked him, and he killed Devoe in self defense? (I KNOW, Devoe was in a wheelchair, but still...)

Also, I'd find it hilarious if Barry's lawyer turns out to be Jean Loring, who has to shuttle between Star and Central Cities

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Here's a question- Devoe had a restraining order out against Barry. Wasn't Devoe violating that order by going to Barry's apartment? Couldn't Barry just claim that Devoe broke in to his house and attacked him, and he killed Devoe in self defense? (I KNOW, Devoe was in a wheelchair, but still...)
    The thing is, the police not only came armed, but how often does Singh go out in the field? Plus Singh seemed to be in negotiator mode. I think its going to turn out Mechanic called the police in a panic claiming Barry kidnapped DeVoe.

Also, I'd find it hilarious if Barry's lawyer turns out to be Jean Loring, who has to shuttle between Star and Central Cities
    Cecile will probably be the one defending Barry, but it would be cool if Loring was the prosecution.

It seems like the prosecutor is some new guy, so I'm guessing since Cecile is defending Barry we'll see the ADA under her prosecuting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    The thing is, the police not only came armed, but how often does Singh go out in the field? Plus Singh seemed to be in negotiator mode. I think its going to turn out Mechanic called the police in a panic claiming Barry kidnapped DeVoe.

Cecile will probably be the one defending Barry, but it would be cool if Loring was the prosecution.

Oh, good point. Didn't even think of that. But again, Barry has a lot of alibis. Guess we'll see where this goes.

I'm thinking Devoe's end game would be to install his mind into Barry, as Barry's body is probably the only body that could handle his brain's power. But why though the trouble of discrediting him and making Barry look like a murderer?

Isn't Cecile a prosecutor though? Wouldn't she be the one prosecuting the case?

Oh, good point. Didn't even think of that. But again, Barry has a lot of alibis. Guess we'll see where this goes.
    Well Thinker has, uh, thought of everything, it seems, so I'm sure he has a counter to any possible alibis.

I'm thinking Devoe's end game would be to install his mind into Barry, as Barry's body is probably the only body that could handle his brain's power. But why though the trouble of discrediting him and making Barry look like a murderer?
    So when/if Barry dies he won't become a martyr? Just thinking out loud but it could be it, especially with his line about someone has to miss you when you're gone, meaning no one else but his family will miss him when Thinker is done.

Conflict of interest since she's dating his father figure and/or she steps down TO defend him.

To get him into Iron Heights with the other Bus Metas.

I'm guessing Cecile is defending him because, with her knowledge, she knows he couldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To get him into Iron Heights with the other Bus Metas.
    But he wouldn't be in the meta-human wing unless his identity as the Flash becomes public knowledge. He'd be in genpop with non-metas.

Though being in the same prison at all could work in DeVoe's favor.

I think his goal isn't just a body to sustain his intellect, I think he wants to somehow take their powers away from them and give them to himself.

What's funny is I guessed DeVoe would get a new body but I assumed it would be a composite clone body with the DNA of all the 12 metas plus maybe Flash himself.

Retired

It's Cecile defending Barry, because Cecile O'Malley Horton was his defense attorney in the original "Trial of the Flash." I completely forgot this fact--but it should have been obvious that that's why Cecile Horton was brought into the TV show in the first place. Of course, she looks nothing like the original comic book character.

Would she still be able to keep her job, if she's working for the defense?

I don't see why the Thinker didn't just create a super-computer and then download his intelligence into that. It would amount to the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't see why the Thinker didn't just create a super-computer and then download his intelligence into that. It would amount to the same thing.
    I'd imagine because he still wants to be somewhat human and hold hands (among other things) with his wife, as opposed to an immobile computer that can't do any of that.