Page 595 of 827 FirstFirst ... 95495545585591592593594595596597598599605645695 ... LastLast
Results 8,911 to 8,925 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It's Cecile defending Barry, because Cecile O'Malley Horton was his defense attorney in the original "Trial of the Flash." I completely forgot this fact--but it should have been obvious that that's why Cecile Horton was brought into the TV show in the first place. Of course, she looks nothing like the original comic book character.

Would she still be able to keep her job, if she's working for the defense?

I don't see why the Thinker didn't just create a super-computer and then download his intelligence into that. It would amount to the same thing.
    because having a new and younger kickass body beats being stuck in a computer

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    because having a new and younger kickass body beats being stuck in a computer
    That, and he can now read people's minds with Brainstorm's powers.

Retired

If the Thinker is so smart then he would back up all his disks. So copying the sum of all his intelligence onto one organic brain that's not a dependable format seems too risky. Copy his intelligence onto a computer or a network of computers and then copy that intelligence onto several organic brains--that seems like a better plan. This would make DeVoe nearly immortal and he could command an army of organic lifeforms that are all extensions of himself.

I really don't get what he hopes to achieve by framing Barry for his murder. But I guess we'll find out in time.

If the Thinker is so smart then he would back up all his disks. So copying the sum of all his intelligence onto one organic brain that's not a dependable format seems too risky. Copy his intelligence onto a computer or a network of computers and then copy that intelligence onto several organic brains--that seems like a better plan. This would make DeVoe nearly immortal and he could command an army of organic lifeforms that are all extensions of himself.
    In theory that would work if he makes clone bodies of Dominic. Otherwise he'd face the same problem he faced in his original body, his intellect slowly burning out whichever new body he acquires. Though it wasn't explained I'm guessing Dominic's ability acts as a sort of buffer to keep this from occurring.

Retired

I think Dom's body will also eventually wear out, because his metahuman power is just psychic ability and wouldn't boost his metabolism. But Barry has a super-metabolism, so the endgame is to put the Devo mind in him.

BANNED

I really don't get what he hopes to achieve by framing Barry for his murder. But I guess we'll find out in time.
    he's not Brainiac

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    he's not Brainiac
    Yeah, completely different.
    The_Thinker.jpg

brainiac-injustice-2-4.11.jpg

Brainiac is green, duh!

So we've gone from Metron to Brainiac ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    In theory that would work if he makes clone bodies of Dominic. Otherwise he'd face the same problem he faced in his original body, his intellect slowly burning out whichever new body he acquires. Though it wasn't explained I'm guessing Dominic's ability acts as a sort of buffer to keep this from occurring.
    I think Dom's body will also eventually wear out, because his metahuman power is just psychic ability and wouldn't boost his metabolism. But Barry has a super-metabolism, so the endgame is to put the Devo mind in him.
    Brainstorm's mind is probably just to last DeVoe long enough to carry out the rest of his plan.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I don't see why the Thinker didn't just create a super-computer and then download his intelligence into that. It would amount to the same thing.
    Because it's the CW and his new body is young and pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Because it's the CW and his new body is young and pretty.
    Even the older people look young and pretty.

Great episode! And not just because we get to see Barry fight DeVoe and some of his plan unfold leading to Barry's trial, which has been foreshadowed for years, but because the ep did something for every character.

I guess since they decided to ditch Iris as a reporter (her being command center for Team Flash does get her directly involved in the plots anyway), they may as well show her struggling to make an important decision. And because Iris decides to help Caitlin since Barry can look out for himself, we see Barry actually solving a problem on his own without any help from Team Flash. Caitlin proves that she can be just as useful as Killer Frost (although now I want to see Killer Frost hanging with the gang). Ralph got to save lives, and Cisco gets the best Christmas gift ever.

And Wally is in...Cambodia? Who's he going to fight there?!

I don't know if this is the last we'll see of the actor playing DeVoe, but I hope not. The Locutus in the Flying Barcalounger act doesn't impress me much, but when he's in the curly wig with his wife, I really believe those scenes and those two actors have real chemistry.
    That they do. And it's a rare thing for a Big Bad to be billed as a regular (the only ones I can think of are Tom Cavanagh and Josh Segarra), and Neil Sandilands seems to have gotten that honor, so...what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So STAR Labs computers really can't run two different searches at the same time?
    I think it was more the satellite itself than the computers. Searching for Speed Force signatures AND cryogenic (or whatever it is Killer Frost has) signatures must take a lot of energy.

Look for a portly, bald man with a waxed moustache to join the defense team.
    Only for him to turn out to be...Patty Spivot in disguise?

There are some questions I have about how the Thinker and the Mechanic were able to set this all up in so little time. They had to work on DeVoe's corpse to remove any forensic evidence that would suggest he was the metahuman Thinker (like the fact that the top of his head comes completely off) then get the body into the apartment, with forensic evidence that points to Barry but no evidence that points to the Mechanic or anyone else. But I guess we're not supposed to think about that. They can do anything.
    Would they really have to hide the fact that DeVoe is a meta? That might work in his favor by looking like Barry has motivation for stalking and killing him (because Barry believes he's dangerous). And also, DeVoe did go to the doctor, so medical records would explain that he has a condition where the top of his head comes completely off.

BANNED

I wonder if Barry's going to be thrown in Iron Heights and that's why Warden Sharpe is playing a big role this season

BANNED

I wonder if all of this is heading towards crisis on infinite earths with Barry disappearing in the crisis.Anyway I wonder if devoes end goal wasn't what it appears here that is use the flash to create a busload of metas with the hope or probability of one able to handle devotes mind and then on to bringing about the enlightening while removing the flash from interfering by framing him for his murder. If so then it seems pretty underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    I wonder if Barry's going to be thrown in Iron Heights and that's why Warden Sharpe is playing a big role this season
    I think that's likely part of DeVoe's plan, especially since some of the other Bus Metas are already locked up there.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Oh, maaaaaaaaaaaan. That was a great mid-season finale. Such a wicked twist.

It would be a lot of fun if Barry and Iris did escape to the future, but I'm not sure how they'd pull that off without sidelining most of the supporting cast. They'd probably just exit in the season finale and then be back by the next season premiere with a recap of their future adventures...