Page 598 of 827 FirstFirst ... 98498548588594595596597598599600601602608648698 ... LastLast
Results 8,956 to 8,970 of 12392

Man, I'm gonna miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    I cannot wait for The Flash to come back. I know I don't talk about it here on CBR but Flash is one of my favorite shows. I should probably hang out on this thread more often.
    I love this show. It's been my favorite since I binged season one on Netflix two summers ago.

Mighty Member

Barry in the same cell his dad was in is definitely not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Barry in the same cell his dad was in is definitely not a coincidence.
    Or way too much of one to be plausible/bad writing.

Need to process it a bit but I thought it was a strong episode.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Junkie View Post
    Or way too much of one to be plausible/bad writing.

Need to process it a bit but I thought it was a strong episode.
    It was a strong episode, but it was also stupid, nevertheless.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I am very curious as to how do they resolve this.
    I am hoping it will be smart and not dumb, silly or a deus ex machina.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It was a strong episode, but it was also stupid, nevertheless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I am very curious as to how do they resolve this.
    I am hoping it will be smart and not dumb, silly or a deus ex machina.

Unfortunately, this is pretty much a guarantee with the CW-Verse at this point. Maybe not 100% of the time, but most of it.

At this point, they should just call the Legends, have them go back in time, and record Mrs. Devoe planting the body in Barry's apartment.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed View Post
    At this point, they should just call the Legends, have them go back in time, and record Mrs. Devoe planting the body in Barry's apartment.
    Honestly, I'd be ok with this. I'd like to see Legends more involved with the other shows beyond the main crossovers. Flash/Arrow have crossed over several times beyond the main ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic Book Junkie View Post
    Honestly, I'd be ok with this. I'd like to see Legends more involved with the other shows beyond the main crossovers. Flash/Arrow have crossed over several times beyond the main ones.
    Agreed. I mean, in a sense, I like that the Legends don't interact with the others often, because it alows them to be isolated from most of the stupidity. However, maybe integrating them into the others shows a *bit* more, will alleviate some of that stupidity.

Or maybe it'll only increase it because they are a bunch of idiots... according to Mick lol

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Retired

I don't think I've ever seen an episode that was so badly and so well written at exactly the same time as this one.

It had one of the greatest scenes from this season and maybe the entire run of the Flash--as Ralph gives his speech to Joe. And what makes it pay off is all the set up we have had with Ralph in other episodes--a lot of which I questioned but now seems worth it just for that scene. So many emotions.

But this was "The Trial of the Flash"--so we should expect some effort put into the trial. Granted trials on TV are rather idiotic, but this CW Justice takes the cake. There were so many errors of procedure, it should have been called a mistrial several times. The judge was a joke. Barry has many grounds for an appeal including the fact that his lawyer provided an inadequate defense--in fact no defense. I thought we were going to be shown why Cecile is such a great legal mind--however, she apparently got her law degree by watching old episodes of PERRY MASON.

The Fallout metahuman provided a real sense of urgency and threat and yet was so underdeveloped--he's not even a villain, he just exists. The time-stopping dialogue with Iris was beautiful and yet something that should not happen in a court of law. The Mechanic's acting in certain scenes was first rate and yet in the courtroom she was awful. The end of the trial dove-tailed with the Captain's words was at once a wonderful piece of drama and yet so corny that it destroyed all reason.

DeVoe continues to confound me. Now he can read minds--he should know that Barry is much smarter and compassionate than he gave him credit for. Why doesn't DeVoe tell Barry what it's all about? What does he have to lose by coming clean? If DeVoe has a good reason for all that he's done--like saving the planet--then there's a chance that Team Flash could help him. I don't see what he gains by keeping them in the dark and playing all these mind games.
    Last edited by Jim Kelly; 01-16-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Incredible Member

Well what could Ceceile have done in that situation? She had a pretty damning evidence against her not to mention Barry tieing her hands even more.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Baseman View Post
    Well what could Ceceile have done in that situation? She had a pretty damning evidence against her not to mention Barry tieing her hands even more.
    I know it would have made for very boring television, but all of the evidence that was presented had to be disputed by the defense--that's their job. They'd bring in their own witnesses--and they have some of the best criminal scientists. Moreover, Barry is an expert CSI and yet there's tons of forensic evidence in his apartment--isn't that a red flag? The case is too open and shut given Barry's resume. And there was so much that the prosecution was allowed to present that Cecile could have prevented from being given in court.

She's a prosecutor herself so she has the inside track on how evidence is gathered and what mistakes prosecutors make. If she's really one of the greatest legal minds in the city, she could bury the prosecution in court challenges that would impede the trial and keep the case tied up in the courts for years. She doesn't seem to have made any effort to provide legal expertise and seems to be helping Barry sacrifice himself out of some misguided sense of karma.

Maybe Barry believed that no matter what they did, the Thinker would still win. Therefore, there was no point in trying to beat the rap. But then why go through a trial? And if he didn't want Cecile to provide a vigourous defense, there had to be a scene where he gave her that instruction.

Another thing that bugged me was when Barry is sentenced and put in the general population. No doubt that was just so they could have Barry in the same cell as his father--but given he's a police scientist and he's put many criminals in prison through his testimony, he should have some protection and be placed in another part of the prison. As well, it seems like the CCPD immediately abandons one of their own. Here's a guy who should have a union rep but he's thrown to the wolves. And because Allen helped close so many cases that could mean all those cases can now be appealed and many criminals set free.

Ultimate Member

These shows don't do legal stuff well. Oliver's trial, Moira Queen's trial (and Laurel being assigned to it despite a MASSIVE conflict of interest), this, etc. They all come across as ridiculously contrived and forced. And anyone who watches five seconds of Law & Order or CSI could figure that out.

Honestly Barry getting arrested at all was contrived (I still don't buy that he couldn't have gotten himself out of that situation), and this is even worse unfortunately.

And the fact that they don't even bring up the whole "I'm a CSI, why the heck would I kill someone in the most obvious way possible and implicate myself" thing at all is the most contrived of all.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Honestly Barry getting arrested at all was contrived (I still don't buy that he couldn't have gotten himself out of that situation), and this is even worse unfortunately.
    Yep. The Fastest Man Alive should have found a way out of it if the writers had allowed it. There never should have been an arrest in the first place, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen an episode that was so badly and so well written at exactly the same time as this one.

It had one of the greatest scenes from this season and maybe the entire run of the Flash--as Ralph gives his speech to Joe. And what makes it pay off is all the set up we have had with Ralph in other episodes--a lot of which I questioned but now seems worth it just for that scene. So many emotions.

But this was "The Trial of the Flash"--so we should expect some effort put into the trial. Granted trials on TV are rather idiotic, but this CW Justice takes the cake. There were so many errors of procedure, it should have been called a mistrial several times. The judge was a joke. Barry has many grounds for an appeal including the fact that his lawyer provided an inadequate defense--in fact no defense. I thought we were going to be shown why Cecile is such a great legal mind--however, she apparently got her law degree by watching old episodes of PERRY MASON.

The Fallout metahuman provided a real sense of urgency and threat and yet was so underdeveloped--he's not even a villain, he just exists. The time-stopping dialogue with Iris was beautiful and yet something that should not happen in a court of law. The Mechanic's acting in certain scenes was first rate and yet in the courtroom she was awful. The end of the trial dove-tailed with the Captain's words was at once a wonderful piece of drama and yet so corny that it destroyed all reason.

DeVoe continues to confound me. Now he can read minds--he should know that Barry is much smarter and compassionate than he gave him credit for. Why doesn't DeVoe tell Barry what it's all about? What does he have to lose by coming clean? If DeVoe has a good reason for all that he's done--like saving the planet--then there's a chance that Team Flash could help him. I don't see what he gains by keeping them in the dark and playing all these mind games.
    Plenty of both this episode. I loved the Ralph/Joe scene. I really didn't like Ralph before that but it showed some real growth for him. Couldn't agree more about the procedural errors at the trial. I think, at this point, we're just supposed to accept "Devoe's a bad dude" for the answer to those questions.

My thoughts:
    Yeah, pretty weak trial scene(s.) The photographs, which wound up not helping at all, wouldn't have been allowed into evidence. Cecile is a bad lawyer. Can't believe Barry refused to testify. Not speaking for yourself at all probably looks awful to the jury. Way too much of a coincidence that he got his father's cell. Barry is definitely in a tough spot now, so I'm interested to see how he'll get out.

I liked how Iris was being realistic, saying being positive won't be enough this time and questioning whether they will get through it.

Curious to see if Mrs. Devoe's question of "what are you willing to do for your husband, Iris?" pays off. The scene with Ralph and Joe about to break into Devoe's house was good, it showed some real growth for Ralph's character.

As I watched it, I thought: watch Earth 15 not be a dead earth and sending all that energy there will come back to haunt them.

I liked the parallelism at the end of the judge talking about Barry's crimes and Captain Singh praising The Flash.

I liked the episode. It wasn't perfect but I liked it.

Plenty of other faults, as others have mentioned. Barry shouldn't be in gen. pop because he's a cop. They use his job as a CSI against him when it should give him credit. I didn't have a problem with him getting arrested in the first place, all the evidence pointed against him.
    Last edited by Comic Book Addict; 01-17-2018 at 05:17 AM.