Page 61 of 827 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111161561 ... LastLast
    penetrator of things

Cold's no killing policy was no killing cops or guards.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So the Flash is fast enough to run to the top of a building and take a pic of Felicity in a second but he can't knock those guys off their bikes before he takes the guard (who only had a shoulder wound) to the hospital?
    Sometimes his incredible powers make the threats not seem very real.

For a guy with a semi no kill policy Cold sure kills a lot of people.

Cisco taking a page out of Batman's playbook. Always have a counter attack to every meta human.
    Yeah, he didn't say he had a no killing policy, just that they shouldn't or it will attract attention. I imagine he might develop a no killing policy as the show develops.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by tako View Post
    Cold's no killing policy was no killing cops or guards.
    Yeah i forgot he said that. Makes sense. Still, him killing that member of his crew seemed pretty extreme.

Wentworth Miller was great as Captain Cold. They wanted Snart to be cool in any situation and he pulled it off well. Can't wait for HEAT WAVE!

BANNED

I felt an old school charm of seeing the Flash take on Captain Cold and how Cold back off in the end of the episode. Nice tease tomthe Rogues. I cannot wait for them to all come together.

Also the mentor got creepy in the midst of the episode. I know he's evil, but isn't this suppose to be hiden behind the scenes evil in the series ?
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 10-28-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Retired

If Wells knows everything that is going to happen, then he knows that Captain Cold is gonna get a cold gun. Maybe he even set it up so the guns would be stolen. I thought he was just acting angry at Cisco--but secretly happy that everything is going as planned.

There were bits of writing that were pretty good for this show. Like how Joe explained to Iris why he was angry about her deal with Eddy. That was quite insightful and better than some regular cop shows.

I rather enjoyed this episode. I'm not "very" well versed in the Rogues lore, but my understanding is that the Rogues don't really hurt innocent people. Even in their new portrayal in the New 52, they abandon a heist because they could ruin the integrity of the building and kill innocent people. This Captain Cold seems bit more ruthless.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I enjoyed this ep. The effects were done fairly well with Flash, but some of the Ice effects seemed a bit off. Also like some others I was bothered with his killing. It surprised me since Captain Cold is Geoff John's favorite character and he likes keeping him a certain way.
    -______
    |____.._|
    -.(-.O-.)
    ..____Ż|
    -ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

I gotta admit, the opening heist and train save was one of the best things I've seen on television. It was more satisfying in the "saving people" department than in all of Man of Steel. That's what I want to see. People being saved, in badass ways. It seems like a reasonable expectation for superhero stories.

The Pacing of the show is so good damn, I love it when a show had me caring for all it's characters.

Felicity and Barry Allen should be together, this is a must.
    Captain Cold casting was perfect and woah he went away with the Kahndaq diamond and the Cold gun, what a bad-ass.

Jesus!~ The Rogues are already forming! and HEATWAVE's actor has such a good voice too...

This show is just so damn fun.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    If Wells knows everything that is going to happen, then he knows that Captain Cold is gonna get a cold gun. Maybe he even set it up so the guns would be stolen. I thought he was just acting angry at Cisco--but secretly happy that everything is going as planned.
    But it's possible he doesn't know everything. Like he knows that Captain Cold is one of Barry's worst enemies but he didn't realize the gun was sitting under his nose the entire time, which is why he's so pissed.

The actor playing Cold was pitch perfect: icy, but always with a hint of boyish charm just beneath the surface.

Another great episode, also With Barry turning down a super hot girl it gives me hope he and Iris will get together by the end of season one.

It trips me out that Eddie looks more like comic book Barry Allen than the actor they chose.

Also, someone mentioned Ronnie (aka one half of Firestorm) earlier in the thread. Wow, I'm smacking my forehead that I didn't make that connection while watching the episode, lol.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I rather enjoyed this episode. I'm not "very" well versed in the Rogues lore, but my understanding is that the Rogues don't really hurt innocent people. Even in their new portrayal in the New 52, they abandon a heist because they could ruin the integrity of the building and kill innocent people. This Captain Cold seems bit more ruthless.
    I was going to post the same thing. This Captain Cold seems rather .....cold.

You know CW has really upped their efx game since its Smallville days. I was flat out impressed with the armored car robbery scene and Barry saving people during the train crash didn't look too shabby either.

Am I the only one who thinks they need to keep Barry around his current speed? I'm afraid if they give him a power boost up to lightspeed (or even a significant fraction of lightspeed) he'll be too powerful. I'm also in favor of the hyper-metabolism as a weakness. It's an achilles heel that makes sense given his power set.

While I wish they'd slipped in the "Code of the Rogues" (No killing innocents etc) but its either too soon for that, or this is just going to be a more ruthless batch. THAT aside, Captain Cold was spot on. The man was efficient with a capital E and had some great character defining lines. When he thanked Barry for forcing him to up his game, I was like 'wow'.

Felicity as the voice of experience for hero support was great, akin to Scotty lecturing laforge on giving your captain what he needs rather than what he wants She also remain an awesome blend of sexy, smart, and adorable.

And poor Cisco. He pulled a Batman (Somewhat understandable) but made good by the end of the episode. I think he maybe my favorite regular supporting cast member...though Joe still steals scenes.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Possibly the best episode of the season so far. I hope a 'Code of the Rogues' eventually develops, but that aside Captain Cold was perfect, even the way Snart smirked when Cisco called him that, which made you think he kind of liked the name and was going to keep it.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass