Page 613 of 827 FirstFirst ... 113513563603609610611612613614615616617623663713 ... LastLast
Results 9,181 to 9,195 of 12392
    Amazing Member

This episode sucked warm cat sick through a short straw! Ralph has Martian Manhunter shapeshifting type powers now? Why not? Cecile's a telepath now.
    Actually everyone on Flash's world has super powers, some are just latent, and will appear when necessary to the plot.

Ultimate Member

I dvr'ed this, so I just saw the end.

About damn time they used their powers to game the system the same way Thinker did.

But Barry's old 'I'll stay in prison until legally cleared' seems odd in the face of Ralph's trick, and down right stupid to do right after Thinker killed several other metahumans

Amazing Member

So I guess Clifford Devoe lost his humanity. Once he transferred his conciousness into a new body.

It seems like he got no problem what so ever using his wife as a pawn now for whatever end game grand plan. He got up his sleeves.

Retired

One of the best episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I dvr'ed this, so I just saw the end.

About damn time they used their powers to game the system the same way Thinker did.

But Barry's old 'I'll stay in prison until legally cleared' seems odd in the face of Ralph's trick, and down right stupid to do right after Thinker killed several other metahumans
    Well Barry was legally cleared even if they cheated. Barry's main concern was he didn't want to be a fugitive on the run. And Barry didn't kill Devoe, and the mind of Devoe is still alive, so the fake Devoe
    is just as legitimate as the fake dead Devoe that got Barry sent to prison in the first place..

Quote Originally Posted by Primemao View Post
    So I guess Clifford Devoe lost his humanity. Once he transferred his conciousness into a new body.

It seems like he got no problem what so ever using his wife as a pawn now for whatever end game grand plan. He got up his sleeves.
    I like that the wife isn't completely stupid or naive and even she is disgusted by Devoe's actions. Though I fear she may not be alive much longer.

Man, Barry went full-on MacGyver in this episode. It's good to see him putting his CSI smarts to good use for once.

Poor, sweet, Becky. She didn't even want to leave prison because she didn't want to cause any trouble with her powers again, and seemed to genuinely want to reform and not hurt anyone once she got out of Iron Heights. And compared to her fellow Bus Meta cellmates she was practically a saint, especially when she demonstrated compassion for both Barry and that guard and used her powers to save Barry from the other Bus Metas. And all that gets her is getting bodyjacked by The Thinker. She really is the most unlucky girl in the world .

Y'know, I want to believe there might be a chance for them to save Becky or anyone else the Thinker's killed, especially if Ralph is potentially one of his future victims, though given the other Bus Metas learned Barry's secret identity I doubt they're going to come back.

I know Plastic Man (and his son) can shapeshift into other people, but could Ralph actually do that in the comics? Though at this point I'm half tempted to think we're dealing with another Ted Kord/Ray Palmer situation where the writers wanted to use Plastic Man and DC wouldn't let them, so they settled for their second choice. And Ralph deserves better then that.

I love how Cisco made the hallway where everyone has their heart-to-heart conversations and pep talks "Dr. Hallway."

I can't say I ever expected Killer Frost to give a pep talk, but it's nice to see some character development on her part.

Why was Dwarfstar so gung-ho about killing Barry? He never even fought The Flash.

I don't get why DeVoe killed Wolfe. It seemed like the kind of unnecessary or superfluous violence that he'd try to avoid, especially since it wasn't part of his plan, but it seemed like he had some kind of personal grudge against him. Did the feelings the Bus Metas held towards Wolfe effect DeVoe after he absorbed them or did he just personally distaste what Wolfe was doing in Iron Heights?

I think we're finally starting to see the cracks in The Thinker's plan, and his marriage. Not only is his plan starting to go off the rails and not how he expected it too, but Marlize is starting to show apprehension to what he's doing and the lengths he's willing to go to get what he wants. On-top of the fact that he won't respect his wife's boundaries, either by reading her mind or drugging her with Weeper's tears.

And while I can imagine Marlize feeling awkward or uncomfortable with her husband in another body, seeing him in a woman's body has got to be a whole other level of weird. Even if she swings both ways, I can't imagine that's how she would've liked things to go, though DeVoe actually seemed to enjoy Becky's body.

So DeVoe's endgame involves absorbing the powers of all the Bus Metas and finding himself a perfect body. I mean, if his original powerset wasn't enough, he's now got mind-reading and probability powers all in one body, on-top of the other powers he has. And it seems he'll eventually go after Ralph too.

Ralph impersonating DeVoe to get Barry cleared of the murder kind of felt like the working around of the legal system that Barry wanted to avoid to begin with, but I can't say it wasn't satisfying to see Neil Sandilands back, everyone (Marlize especially) so dumbfounded, and Barry finally out of prison. I only wish that prosecutor had been there to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Is that the F-ing Fiddler next week?
    That was my exact thought watching the next episode preview .

It's kind of funny that both Weeper and Fiddler ended up being Bus Metas. I wonder if they'll be any other Golden Age villains they'll fit in?

Retired

This episode proves that I'm willing to go along with some goofy developments so long as they result in a great payoff. And “True Colors” paid off so many times that I think I'll have to watch it again to take stock of all the goodies it delivered.

In the comics, Ralph could shape shift a bit. Take other forms like Plas. And I can accept that he could probably reform his vocal folds and oral/nasal cavity to match Wolfe's so that's how they sounded alike. And maybe in this universe his powers of observation help him mimic. The skin colour and hair colour is the biggest problem, but maybe he changes the shape of his skin cells and hair cells to refract light at different angles to alter his colouring. In any case, the big payoff was all that great acting from Richard Brooks. But sad to see Wolfe go in the end.

Since we never knew what the Thinker’s goal was in the first place, it’s impossible to say if he’s gone off the rails. It seems like everything is so random that the possibilities are limitless--which might be why he needed Becky Sharpe to control the random outcomes.

Along the way he’s lost his humanity, but maybe DeVoe expected that to happen and was willing to trade in his soul for supreme intelligence.

The solution to getting Barry cleared proved to be dead simple. It's hard to see how all the charges would be dropped. But then the trial itself was so annoying, that I'm glad they didn't torture us with more courtroom pranks.

I figured out that the Thinker was going to mind-wipe the Mechanic as soon as I heard the Little Anthony & the Imperials song. While Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors" is a great song, I would have called this one "Goin' Out of My Head."

BANNED

well if CW MM ever became fernus then EM vs MM is so on but really it was a great experience seeing Ralph's learning curve as a hero where various members of team flash were always there for him. can't say I missed harry as he has seemed odly superfluous this season. maybe he will remain on earth 2 and return at season ending as a deux ex machina with the device needed to stop devoe much like devoe himself was one this episode. I would have thought that since meta humans are so prominent I would have thought the courts would think twice before proclaiming someone alive without duly establishing their identity taking DNA samples and ordering lie tests but they continue to just wing it when it comes to legal stuff. I wonder if devoe is trying to become a god of knowledge/metahumans much like savitar tried to set himself up as god of speed.

Mighty Member

A good title for this episode could've been "Impersonations".

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know Plastic Man (and his son) can shapeshift into other people, but could Ralph actually do that in the comics? Though at this point I'm half tempted to think we're dealing with another Ted Kord/Ray Palmer situation where the writers wanted to use Plastic Man and DC wouldn't let them, so they settled for their second choice. And Ralph deserves better then that.
    And wasn't that Irish buddy of his who showed up at the beginning the Arrowverse version of Woozy Winks?

Sandy Hausler

I'm amused that Barry wouldn't leave prison unless it was done legally, but seems to have no qualms about being released by having Team Flash commit a fraud on the court (which, I need hardly add, is highly illegal). Not much different from a breakout, if you ask me.

Sandy Hausler

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I'm amused that Barry wouldn't leave prison unless it was done legally, but seems to have no qualms about being released by having Team Flash commit a fraud on the court (which, I need hardly add, is highly illegal). Not much different from a breakout, if you ask me.

Sandy Hausler
    The difference is he's not a wanted fugitive now, which would have been the case if he had broke out of prison.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

Fun to see Paul McGillion appear as I grew up watching him on Stargate Atlantis. I don't see any point to his appearance though, unless they plan on bringing him back later.

Altogether I thought the episode was just okay. The way this show 86s cool characters and concepts without developing or exploring them at all is highly irritating for me. Gregory Wolfe should have been kept alive. The bus metas are all dead now except for Ralph and Hazard (who is pretty much dead anyway) and while I understand that was part of Devoe's plan, it limits the amount of recurring villains this show can use. Recurring villains are way better than new villains of the week. It allows for the show to explore the Flash's dynamic with certain characters and bringing in characters that viewers know and recognize helps them be more engaged. I was hoping Dwarfstar could be a foil for Ray at some point, and that Killg%re could appear again as well. It seems like you can't enjoy or appreciate any of the villains on this show anymore because unless they're popular rogues or the season's big bad, they have a very short life expectancy.

Speaking of the rogues, was happy to hear Barry mention several of them that were locked in the meta-wing but didn't get to appear. Peek-a-Boo, Top, Weather Wizard (don't remember if he mentioned Mirror Master but I believe he's in there too) . Would be awesome if they all teamed up for an escape of their own and we FINALLY got a Rogues episode.

Flash is in hiatusville again so I guess I'll see all of you in two weeks! (Afterwards, Flash will be on another hiatus for an entire month. Sad!)
    Last edited by Elmo; 02-07-2018 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The difference is he's not a wanted fugitive now, which would have been the case if he had broke out of prison.
    Gee, and it sounded to me like he wanted to take the moral high ground.

Sandy Hausler

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Gee, and it sounded to me like he wanted to take the moral high ground.

Sandy Hausler
    Oh, there has been some of that from him throughout this ordeal, no doubt, but up to a point.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?