Page 620 of 827 FirstFirst ... 120520570610616617618619620621622623624630670720 ... LastLast
Results 9,286 to 9,300 of 12392
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Apparent death.
    Yes. I'm not ready to say Izzy is gone for good, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Apparent death.
    Apparent actual death.

Sandy Hausler

Retired

I thought that Izzy was gone for good, because I have no hope for the others. And it doesn't seem right, if Becky is dead, that Miss Cowboy Hat should survive. They did a lot more to build up empathy for Becky--so if there's one character that ought to survive it should be her, but I think she's a gonner.

However, this faith in the Fiddler's survival gives me an idea for how the Cerebral Inhibitor might have worked. Because I do think it worked--they wouldn't have Harry so angry over his failure if it wasn't gong to be the opposite. So maybe the CI prevents the other consciousnesses from being totally taken over--since it was Izzy who made contact with the CI, somehow her consciousness will survive.

I guess that would be good, but I'm not a big fan of Ralph falling in love with her so fast. It came off more creepy than romantic.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    However, this faith in the Fiddler's survival gives me an idea for how the Cerebral Inhibitor might have worked. Because I do think it worked--they wouldn't have Harry so angry over his failure if it wasn't gong to be the opposite. So maybe the CI prevents the other consciousnesses from being totally taken over--since it was Izzy who made contact with the CI, somehow her consciousness will survive.
    Exactly, Jim. Without the CI, there would be no chance of her coming back, but I think it's possible now.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Izzy's "death" scene made me facepalm. She just stood there and let DeVoe take her body. Didn't put up a fight or nothing. She doesn't need a conduit to use her powers so she could have blasted DeVoe out of his chair. What a load of crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Izzy's "death" scene made me facepalm. She just stood there and let DeVoe take her body. Didn't put up a fight or nothing. She doesn't need a conduit to use her powers so she could have blasted DeVoe out of his chair. What a load of crap.
    Yeah, what was all that 'look at me' business from Ralph? Don't look at me, turn around and blast the heck out of DeVoe!

Not like the scene didn't drag on plenty long enough for Cisco to vibe over behind DeVoe and start blasting him. Or honestly, for Barry to run around the world to get behind him if he truly couldn't get through the force field.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 02-28-2018 at 11:04 AM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Yeah, what was all that 'look at me' business from Ralph? Don't look at me, turn around and blast the heck out of DeVoe!

Not like the scene didn't drag on plenty long enough for Cisco to vibe over behind DeVoe and start blasting him. Or honestly, for Barry to run around the world to get behind him if he truly couldn't get through the force field.
    to run around behind him to get to the other side of the force field he can't get through? Uh...OK...

And yeah they should have had Fiddler put up some kinda fight at least get one shot off, but hell they probably used up the FX budget for that ep by then.

I firmly believe none of the metas will be dead. I mean that haven't specifically said they are dead have they? Did I miss it? If they did then ignore my thoughts. But if not, I expect Harry to come up with some kinda deus ex dohickey that will get them back in their bodies annnnnnnnnnnnnnd with the flick of one switch or button or some kinda tweak conveniently make them forget Barry Allen is the Flash.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I do wonder if the show will, at some point, properly introduce a SUE Dibney. Ralph and Sue were such a package deal in the comics that it'd be sort of a shame if Sue never shows up in the TV series.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I do wonder if the show will, at some point, properly introduce a SUE Dibney. Ralph and Sue were such a package deal in the comics that it'd be sort of a shame if Sue never shows up in the TV series.

Indeed. Could be useful to sending Ralph off into the sunset when his time comes.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Yeah! I agree!

Retired

The Elongated Man story doesn't really become interesting until he marries Sue. But that's the kind of relationship they're trying to build between Barry and Iris, so another married couple would be redundant. But there's a reason why the Ralph and Sue duo worked, which can't be reproduced with Barry and Iris. The Dibnys were rootless and enjoyed their carefree odyssey. Whereas, the West-Allens are anchored in Central City and (should be) invested in their jobs.

The conduit thing wasnt explained properly as her merely being more accurate instead of being able to use her power.

I mean, she should've used her power without the thing but DeVoe should've been shown countering with one of his many powers. The first time was a surprise but this time he should've been shown as prepared.
    Last edited by Sighphi; 02-28-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    They sure are running with that sonic scream special effect on the CW shows. Black Siren & Black Canary on Arrow, Purity on Supergirl, now Izzy on The Flash.
    Too bad they skimped out when it came to Earth-1 Laurel....
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Wait, isn't this obvious? Unless you were being rhetorical.

I think it's very plausible that they've been building to DeVoe jumping into Barry's body at the very end, though I'm curious as to what exactly he plans to do with it.

Is Barry's healing factor or the Speed Force what he's planning on being able to contain both his mental powers and all the Bus Metas?
    I thought it was going to turn out her full name was Isabel Susan Bowen and that she tells her closest friends as well as boyfriends to call her "Sue."

Depending on how they play this, maybe when DeVoe jumps bodies again, she remains alive instead of a dead husk, just minus the powers.
    I would not put that past the Arrowverse writers .
    Honestly, again, I think the point was to give some sort of out so that Sue, I mean Izzie, will be the lone bus meta who survives when DeVoe jumps bodies again. Kilg%re's power might have stopped it but that still might have been an unintended side effect. We'll see.
    A part of me thinks the Cerebral Inhibitor and it actually working will end up being used to justify how Ralph survives when DeVoe inevitably tries to jump into his body.
    That reminds me, does he have Fallout's powers? And he's just not going to use Black Bison's powers apparently.
    They said at the beginning that Fallout is still under Tina/Mercury Labs' protection.

Although if DeVoe is going to absorb Fallout, how is he going to be able to contain his powers?

Admittedly Bison's powers are kind of limited without anything to animate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    My ideal is self-contained episodes building up to an overall storyarc or, at least, more character progression. I love self-contained episodes but I'm not a big fan of how they would reset their characters and their world at the end of each episode. It's not for nothing that my three favourite hour-long shows of all time - Buffy, Freaks and Geeks and the West Wing - do this balancing traick so well.
    I think we got that to a degree earlier in the season, before the DeVoe/Thinker storyline really got into full swing.
    The Flash would do well to take lessons from these sorts of shows - or even sitcomes like Scrubs and the Office.
    Well, those shows are an hour shorter then The Flash, so I'm not sure if it could really handle itself the way they do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Apart from some very few scenes, I have yet to see how this season is supposedly more 'lighthearted' than the last two.

If anything, it is even MORE depressing.
    I don't think this season has been anywhere near as depressing as season 4 is.

Most of the time we've had Team Flash having fun or getting into wacky situations, especially at the beginning or with anything Ralph does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Also it's continuing the trend from Season 2 and 3 of starting out with a potentially cool/interesting villain, only to make them less so as time goes on.
    I think a body-swapping and multi-powered Big Bad is pretty interesting but I don't think anyone has been able to top Sandilands as The Thinker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Well he did kill a couple of baddies that Zoom sent after him early on in Season 2, and didn't seem particularly bothered by it afterwards. So like many heroes, Barry's "moral code" is plot-convenient.
    Well, there is an "Earth-2 lives don't matter" meme...
    Yeah, they really should have shown her making some effort to repel DeVoe once he had her cornered.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I firmly believe none of the metas will be dead. I mean that haven't specifically said they are dead have they? Did I miss it? If they did then ignore my thoughts. But if not, I expect Harry to come up with some kinda deus ex dohickey that will get them back in their bodies annnnnnnnnnnnnnd with the flick of one switch or button or some kinda tweak conveniently make them forget Barry Allen is the Flash.
    If they do bring back the other Bus Metas then they are probably going to have to explain them forgetting Barry's identity since that's pretty much what marked them for death in the first place.

Although it's highly likely most of them were buried when they were found dead at Iron Heights.

Though we still don't know what DeVoe did with Dominic's body, or Becky's after he went into Izzy's head.

I want to believe Sue is in the cards for Ralph, but they've changed him so much that I'm not sure if they're planning on Sue at all.

Like, when was the last time Ralph actually did any legit detective work, if ever?

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    to run around behind him to get to the other side of the force field he can't get through? Uh...OK...
    I only recall seeing the force field on one side of DeVoe, the side facing Barry and Ralph. Could be wrong, though.... did you see the force field extending all the way around?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Too bad they skimped out when it came to Earth-1 Laurel....

I think it's very plausible that they've been building to DeVoe jumping into Barry's body at the very end, though I'm curious as to what exactly he plans to do with it.

Is Barry's healing factor or the Speed Force what he's planning on being able to contain both his mental powers and all the Bus Metas?

I would not put that past the Arrowverse writers .

A part of me thinks the Cerebral Inhibitor and it actually working will end up being used to justify how Ralph survives when DeVoe inevitably tries to jump into his body.

They said at the beginning that Fallout is still under Tina/Mercury Labs' protection.

Although if DeVoe is going to absorb Fallout, how is he going to be able to contain his powers?

Admittedly Bison's powers are kind of limited without anything to animate.

I think we got that to a degree earlier in the season, before the DeVoe/Thinker storyline really got into full swing.

Well, those shows are an hour shorter then The Flash, so I'm not sure if it could really handle itself the way they do.

I don't think this season has been anywhere near as depressing as season 4 is.

Most of the time we've had Team Flash having fun or getting into wacky situations, especially at the beginning or with anything Ralph does.

I think a body-swapping and multi-powered Big Bad is pretty interesting but I don't think anyone has been able to top Sandilands as The Thinker.

Well, there is an "Earth-2 lives don't matter" meme...

Yeah, they really should have shown her making some effort to repel DeVoe once he had her cornered.

If they do bring back the other Bus Metas then they are probably going to have to explain them forgetting Barry's identity since that's pretty much what marked them for death in the first place.

Although it's highly likely most of them were buried when they were found dead at Iron Heights.

Though we still don't know what DeVoe did with Dominic's body, or Becky's after he went into Izzy's head.

I want to believe Sue is in the cards for Ralph, but they've changed him so much that I'm not sure if they're planning on Sue at all.

Like, when was the last time Ralph actually did any legit detective work, if ever?
    He is a PI, and at the end of the episode, invited Barry to work with him. So I expect to see some of that soon.