Page 622 of 827 FirstFirst ... 122522572612618619620621622623624625626632672722 ... LastLast
Results 9,316 to 9,330 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    This season could have used about five more episodes like this one to break up the tedious DeVoe story
    I too love these much hated filler episodes a lot more than the beloved story arc episodes like Zoom, Savitar, and DeVoe. If I ran things they would all be filler episodes, like this one.

Jeez, Jesse never even asked about Wally the entire episode. Though maybe her talk with Harry about never letting go of the person you love will inspire her to try and find him on the Waverider or something.

I still want to meet Jesse's team...

So Flashtime is basically how Barry perceives everything? While really cool, it does beg the question of how non-Speedster villains could ever challenge The Flash if he can literally enter into a state where they completely stop moving and that's his de-facto state while running.

It was great to finally have Jesse and Jay back and to see them all working with and bouncing off Barry to find a way to save the day. It always feels like the show underutilizes it's other Speedsters and their relationship with Barry, so it was nice to see an episode that emphasized them for once .

I liked that moment where the thought of Thawne losing his speed honestly made Barry more interested in the idea of destroying the Speed Force.

Speaking of Thawne, isn't he the only expert on the Speed Force the show has introduced by this point? Jay seems pretty knowledgeable on the subject but even he acknowledged there's still a lot they don't know about it. Team Flash could use a Max Mercury to give them some better insight into it.

So Killer Frost actually cares about Caitlin? Beyond being her host body and mental roommate? Interesting. And it seems Frost thinking of Caitlin positively bounces back into Caitlin.

I also loved how Jay called her "Miss Frost." That's so Jay .

Y'know, if Wally had been around The Flashes would probably have been able to resolve this. But I guess Wally gets to have his fun on the Waverider now...

Poor Jay. Not only is he getting too old to run, but now it looks like he's looking to retire. I hope this isn't the last we see of him and John Wesley Shipp, especially since it feels like there's a lot left untapped with this version of Jay .

So is that what the Speed Force really looks like? All those brightly colored lightning bolts blasting everywhere and that then followed Barry out of the portal? Did Barry literally Lightning Throw the Speed Force into the nuke?

The team brought up a good point, now that the ball that was supposed to fool the Speed Force into thinking it still had Barry is gone, and it obviously knows Barry is out, is it just going to let bygones be bygones and let him go?

If DeVoe was really behind the nuke, I can only imagine he was counting on Barry utilizing Flashtime and honing his powers to that degree so that DeVoe can use those abilities when (or if) he jumps into Barry's body.

So who is Jay training? The only other major female Speedster I can think of outside Jesse are Dawn and Jenni, and the future girl is probably going to end up being either one at this rate. Meena or Avery from the current Flash run, maybe? I'm curious if the writers have someone in mind or if they were just trying to be progressive by making the next Earth-3 Flash a woman.

It was interesting seeing the show go more in-depth with Harry unresolved feelings with his wife's death and how that effects Jesse, especially since it was established in season 2 that part of the reason Harry is so protective over her is because of what happened to his Earth's Tess Morgan. And judging by Harry's thoughts it seems like Tess was still the one to name STAR Labs like she did on Earth-1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I thought for a moment that the mystery girl might be his trainee, but then her showing up in the same episode makes that seem unlikely. And whenever she shows up, she acts like Barry Allen--which seems to indicate she's Dawn Allen. And she acted like that when Harry and Caitlin were around, but when they left she let that facade drop. Which could suggest she's not who we think she is.
    It reminds me of how they handled Bart's personality in Young Justice.

He acted like he was as wild and spastic as he is in the comics but it masked a more serious and cynical personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I too love these much hated filler episodes a lot more than the beloved story arc episodes like Zoom, Savitar, and DeVoe. If I ran things they would all be filler episodes, like this one.
    Was this even really filler? We got Harry and Jesse development, Barry unlocked Flashtime, we got some stuff with Jay, and it seems like DeVoe might have orchestrated the nuke.

Barry showed some real willpower this episode.
    I wonder if the writers try to label his speed as 'Mach 3' or any other impossibly low estimate again after all this.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeez, Jesse never even asked about Wally the entire episode. Though maybe her talk with Harry about never letting go of the person you love will inspire her to try and find him on the Waverider or something.

So Flashtime is basically how Barry perceives everything? While really cool, it does beg the question of how non-Speedster villains could ever challenge The Flash if he can literally enter into a state where they completely stop moving and that's his de-facto state while running.

It was great to finally have Jesse and Jay back and to see them all working with and bouncing off Barry to find a way to save the day. It always feels like the show underutilizes it's other Speedsters and their relationship with Barry, so it was nice to see an episode that emphasized them for once .

I liked that moment where the thought of Thawne losing his speed honestly made Barry more interested in the idea of destroying the Speed Force.

Speaking of Thawne, isn't he the only expert on the Speed Force the show has introduced by this point? Jay seems pretty knowledgeable on the subject but even he acknowledged there's still a lot they don't know about it. Team Flash could use a Max Mercury to give them some better insight into it.

So Killer Frost actually cares about Caitlin? Beyond being her host body and mental roommate? Interesting. And it seems Frost thinking of Caitlin positively bounces back into Caitlin.

Y'know, if Wally had been around The Flashes would probably have been able to resolve this. But I guess Wally gets to have his fun on the Waverider now...

Poor Jay. Not only is he getting too old to run, but now it looks like he's looking to retire. I hope this isn't the last we see of him and John Wesley Shipp, especially since it feels like there's a lot left untapped with this version of Jay .

So is that what the Speed Force really looks like? All those brightly colored lightning bolts blasting everywhere and that then followed Barry out of the portal? Did Barry literally Lightning Throw the Speed Force into the nuke?

The team brought up a good point, now that the ball that was supposed to fool the Speed Force into thinking it still had Barry is gone, and it obviously knows Barry is out, is it just going to let bygones be bygones and let him go?

If DeVoe was really behind the nuke, I can only imagine he was counting on Barry utilizing Flashtime and honing his powers to that degree so that DeVoe can use those abilities when (or if) he jumps into Barry's body.

So who is Jay training? The only other major female Speedster I can think of outside Jesse are Dawn and Jenni, and the future girl is probably going to end up being either one at this rate. Meena or Avery from the current Flash run, maybe? I'm curious if the writers have someone in mind or if they were just trying to be progressive by making the next Earth-3 Flash a woman.

It was interesting seeing the show go more in-depth with Harry unresolved feelings with his wife's death and how that effects Jesse, especially since it was established in season 2 that part of the reason Harry is so protective over her is because of what happened to his Earth's Tess Morgan. And judging by Harry's thoughts it seems like Tess was still the one to name STAR Labs like she did on Earth-1.

It reminds me of how they handled Bart's personality in Young Justice.

He acted like he was as wild and spastic as he is in the comics but it masked a more serious and cynical personality.

Was this even really filler? We got Harry and Jesse development, Barry unlocked Flashtime, we got some stuff with Jay, and it seems like DeVoe might have orchestrated the nuke.
    1. This better not be the end of JWS’s Jay Garrick! Come on! They have hardly done anything with the character.
    2. I was spinning my brain on who the speedster could be as well?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I think the Earth 3 speedster was just a throwaway line and we are thinking too much about it.

I like Jesse a shade less since she dropped Wally basically by text instead of handling up face to face.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I think the Earth 3 speedster was just a throwaway line and we are thinking too much about it.

I like Jesse a shade less since she dropped Wally basically by text instead of handling up face to face.
    Well, she is supposed to pop up on Legends next week (I believe). Along with Constantine. So, I imagine she and Wally will have quite the chat.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post

If it was a throwaway, they could have gone all the way on the representation, so she checks all the boxes and earns Jay extra points for being an equal opportunity mentor. And the producers wouldn't need to deliver on the promise, if we never see Jay again.

I'm guessing Wally refers to Jesse as a "basic bitch."

Y'know, I'm glad when Jesse brought up the possibility of going back in time that Barry quickly shot it down. It shows good character development on his part and emphasizes the fact that the show can't use time travel to solve it's problems anymore.

I'm surprised they didn't find a way to fit "Hydrax" in there at all, but at least they were able to stop the nuke without Oliver Queen needing to sacrifice his life this time.

Astonishing Member

Y'know, I'm glad when Jesse brought up the possibility of going back in time that Barry quickly shot it down. It shows good character development on his part and emphasizes the fact that the show can't use time travel to solve it's problems anymore.
    At least until the next time Barry decides that changing the past is the fastest solution to his problems. Barry bot changing history is like Oliver's renouncing killing- it needs to be relearned everytime the drama is turned up to 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    At least until the next time Barry decides that changing the past is the fastest solution to his problems. Barry bot changing history is like Oliver's renouncing killing- it needs to be relearned everytime the drama is turned up to 10.
    Well, we haven't seen him do it since Flashpoint happened, and if he wasn't desperate enough to use time travel by the end of this then I'm not sure if he ever will.

The closest he came was when he went to the future to try to find out Savitar's identity but that didn't seem to cause the problems going into the past does.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Well, we haven't seen him do it since Flashpoint happened, and if he wasn't desperate enough to use time travel by the end of this then I'm not sure if he ever will.

The closest he came was when he went to the future to try to find out Savitar's identity but that didn't seem to cause the problems going into the past does.
    Right. If Barry does indeed try to change the past again, then he can be accused of copying Ollie regarding killing. That's not the case at the present time, though.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Ditto. I think it would be cool if the team was comprised of people from different Earths.

Maybe he'll marry Earth-3's version of Joan who will or will not look like Nora Allen depending on how much melodrama the story has.

Maybe they'll find Thawne and put him in the prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    Maybe he'll marry Earth-3's version of Joan who will or will not look like Nora Allen depending on how much melodrama the story has.
    I'm surprised Joan hasn't been mentioned once in all of Jay's appearances.

You'd think he'd have mentioned her after what he went through in the Speed Force or comparing her to Iris.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I'm surprised Joan hasn't been mentioned once in all of Jay's appearances.

You'd think he'd have mentioned her after what he went through in the Speed Force or comparing her to Iris.
    Maybe Jay hasn't meet Joan on Earth-3.

This episode was emblematic of the dumbness of Barry Allan. His first thought is to destroy the speed force even after he's told by Jay that that would be a bad idea. In fact, he went bananas when Jay told him not to do it.

Jay comes up with a good idea. Cool the bomb down. Not his fault it didn't work.

Jesse came up with a good idea. Use the energy of the lightning of three speedsters. Not her fault it didn't work.

Cisco came up with a good idea. Vibe the bomb to a dead Earth. Not his fault it didn't work.

Iris actually played off Jesse's idea and came up with something that did work. (Really amazing since she doesn't know all that much about the speed force).

Barry came off looking like a child, spouting off when he was challenged.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised he didn't jump on the go back in time idea. It's his standard.

Sandy Hausler