Page 63 of 827 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163563 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Two further thoughts.

On the villains- I guess what they are trying to say with Capt. Cold and Heatwave and how they relate to their respective weapons is that the guns mirror their personalities. One is stone cold, and the other a hothead. If not for that, then it seems like literally anyone could become their characters just by picking up the guns.

And one more fashion observation on Felicity- Did anyone notice that in the short jump from the scene where Barry first showed her his speed to the one where he brought her to STAR Labs she changed outfits? Didn't seem to be any particular reason why.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    The thing with the kiss, i think after they kissed the look they shared was more of a well we got that outof the way and there is nothing there so we are better off friends. Also why is there a week off already. 4 episodes and a week off already is lame.
    I don't think it's that there is nothing there. On the contrary, there is. They are fascinated with each other. Felicity's whole visit ended up making it clear that the reason they don't get together is that they are both pining for other people who they can't have. They said so in so many words. They both admit it, but they are also both committed to keep on doing it. If not I think Barry and Felicity would be all over each other.

Incredible Member

One more thought- Cisco inventing the freeze gun reminded me so much of Superman giving the kryptonite ring to Batman. Cisco said he did it in case Barry turned out to be some kind of psycho, whereas with Supes and Bats it was done with Superman's blessing in the unlikely event that he should ever be taken over and his powers turned against his friends. I felt there was the potential for a similar kind of agreement between Barry and Cisco and they were almost there, but they just skimmed it and missed the mark. Did Cisco completely win back Barry's trust by the way he went out into the field and risked his safety against Captain Cold, or will the trust issue surface again between them? Interesting to contemplate.

BANNED

so does anyone know why we're taking next week off? like Saul Said...it's just been 4 episodes!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I don't think it's that there is nothing there. On the contrary, there is. They are fascinated with each other. Felicity's whole visit ended up making it clear that the reason they don't get together is that they are both pining for other people who they can't have. They said so in so many words. They both admit it, but they are also both committed to keep on doing it. If not I think Barry and Felicity would be all over each other.
    I agree totally.

Sandy Hausler

Incredible Member

Did Cisco completely win back Barry's trust by the way he went out into the field and risked his safety against Captain Cold
    I would hope so. The kid risked his life to save Barry with nothing but his fellow tech geeks and a vacuum.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    so does anyone know why we're taking next week off? like Saul Said...it's just been 4 episodes!!!!
    Election night.

BANNED

One more thought- Cisco inventing the freeze gun reminded me so much of Superman giving the kryptonite ring to Batman. Cisco said he did it in case Barry turned out to be some kind of psycho, whereas with Supes and Bats it was done with Superman's blessing in the unlikely event that he should ever be taken over and his powers turned against his friends. I felt there was the potential for a similar kind of agreement between Barry and Cisco and they were almost there, but they just skimmed it and missed the mark. Did Cisco completely win back Barry's trust by the way he went out into the field and risked his safety against Captain Cold, or will the trust issue surface again between them? Interesting to contemplate.
    Well the difference was Batman held onto the ring years after he knew Superman. To go a step further he developed a new type of Kryptonite to combat Superman which was used in Tower of Babel.

Cisco had an unconscious Barry for 6 months who they knew nothing about who could have been just as bad as Weather Wizard, Mist, or Captain Cold. And it happened to get stolen.

Probably history records never mentioned where Cold got his gun so thats why big villain got mad when he realized that it was under his nose for months and he could have "protected" Barry from one of his biggest foes if he knew about it.

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    Election night.
    Damn I didn't think of that. Makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Probably history records never mentioned where Cold got his gun so thats why big villain got mad when he realized that it was under his nose for months and he could have "protected" Barry from one of his biggest foes if he knew about it.
    Or, if he is here to change the future, maybe Captain Cold was never a thing in his own and he just inadvertently made that happen.

BANNED

Captain Cold question, from reading the Johns version the character comes across as a low level thug and a brute. But that's not the impression I got from watching Wentworth Miller on the show. That Colc came across as more cold and refined...like a Bond villain/henchman who is very disciplined and strategic about what he does. Which one is correct?

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Captain Cold question, from reading the Johns version the character comes across as a low level thug and a brute. But that's not the impression I got from watching Wentworth Miller on the show. That Colc came across as more cold and refined...like a Bond villain/henchman who is very disciplined and strategic about what he does. Which one is correct?
    Both are correct. It's just interpretation.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I liked how Wells was super pissed, but trying to rein it in, like he had another level of psycho pissed he could have ascended to. Cannot wait to see him unleash it in the future.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    This was easily the best episode yet, I thought. Great villain, cool super speed scenes and even some decent relationship stuff but just in terms of overall feel, this was the most confident episode so far by far. And Grant Gustin is just getting better and better as this version of Barry Allen.

Most of all though, I'm still kind of shocked that Geoff Johns seems to have so much to do with this series, as it's pretty much the opposite of those terrible Barry Allen Flash comics he wrote a few years ago. This fun, light and heroic tone hasn't been a part of his comic repertoire for a while (well, for at least half a decade before the New 52 - I gave up on his stuff a while before the reboot) so it's a real pleasant surprise to see it here. Even Barry's stupid new tragic origin hasn't been nearly as bad here as its been in the comics.
    The difference is no need to tie it all in with the old Silver/Bronze Age FLASH continuity. Without that albatross to carry, Johns is more free to exercise his creativity.

The show is killing it in the ratings too. If it can sustain and build on its present level of quality, we might be enjoying FLASH TV for seasons to come.

I'll be damned: THE FLASH has me watching a weekly TV series for the first time since the 1980s.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014