Page 644 of 827 FirstFirst ... 144544594634640641642643644645646647648654694744 ... LastLast
Results 9,646 to 9,660 of 12392
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    This is my main problem with the Arrowverse. I can buy the idea that Flash is too busy to run to Star City everytime Ollie hits a snag and that Ollie's team is dealing with Cayden James/Diaz so they aren't all over the Thinker threatening Central City metas. But once you up the ante to where it is a world level threat that would effect both cities (and more) my ability to accept that only the main series regulars got involved drops off. I wonder why Superman isn't dealing with the WorldKillers blotting out the sun since he has to see the eclipse in Metropolis? Why ARGUS isn't making Thinker priority #1?
    I look at it as just one of the things you need to accept in a shared superhero world - the world is always on the brink of chaos, probably from many sources simultaneously. To ask any show (or comic, for that matter) to limit itself to local problems so the title character is justified in not having help seems extremely limiting to a superhero character to me.

Retired

It’s like in LAW & ORDER when defense council introduces an argument that the prosecution was excluded from presenting. At that point it’s now fair game for McCoy.

Iris made the wider population an issue, which then makes it something we can debate. For that matter, as long as Barry Allen’s accusations about DeVoe were considered deranged—it made some sense that only team Flash believed he was a legitimate threat.

But the magic article by Iris seems to have overcome such doubts in the general population. Unless this is another one of the Thinker’s traps.

Logically DeVoe using Kilg%re's power should have detected and intercepted the article immediately the instant she put it online and what they're seeing as the results is a trap. Which means this didn't happen and they (the writers) will ignore this should get the attention of Arrow.

I suppose an in-story reason for letting it slip by DeVoe could be that DeVoe is distracted by Marlize leaving him, and that team Arrow is too busy with Diaz and trusts Barry and co. to handle it. Yes its an all hands on deck situation (Star City is now Gotham in all but name vs the entire planet becoming drooling idiots, hmm which one has priority?) but...again I learned not to think too hard about things like this in regards to the CW shows.

BANNED

A rather amusing meme

BANNED

speaking about the episode I don't think it is probable that Cisco got over his breakup that easily if it was serious. Also I am getting tired of watching Caitlin have the hots for being KF again no matter what. the discussion of Barry and iris whether to break the facts about devoe to the public was a nice touch and reminded me of the discussion that wally and Linda had during the final night though it was more contentious than this. Barry's secret identity is one of the most worst kept secrets as everyone seems to know he is the flash. Wonder why Barry isn't calling in other for help if not arrow then Jesse and Jay who are bright enough and experienced enough to bring something new in the mix which devoe may not have anticipated.

I always thought Amunet was fun, and Norvik...was gross. I didn't really buy her not killing him when he had the chance, but I do like how she has a soft spot for Caitlin. It seems like Caitlin's Killer Frost issue really is a psychological thing and she has to get her entire personality living under one roof rather than live dual lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    One time I’d like a story where the evil genius gains so much knowledge that he becomes good. Perhaps that’s what happened to Luthor in ALL-STAR SUPERMAN.
    The Justice League/Unlimited cartoons did that a few times with the villains. Gaining a combination of knowledge and power that they end up abandoning their evil plans. Despero, AMAZO, and you could even interpret the series finale that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    If the Thinker can predict that Team Flash will come up with a way to free Flash from the Speed Force, which will result in a blast of black matter into our universe and he can predict that a bus will be there at the precise time and place that Flash is freed and he can predict that the black matter will give the passengers on the bus meta powers that nature of which he knows, how can anything Team Flash does not be predicted by the Thinker and dealt with in his master plan.
    That's definitely a stretch, but DeVoe can't predict emotion, from the look of it. He probably has no idea what is going on with Harry and all those other Wellses and that Harry deduced there's trouble in paradise for DeVoe. That can be used against him, and, probably, so will uniting the people of Central City against him as Iris is doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I love Katie Sackhoff, but I hate Hate HATE that accent. I keep hoping she'll just drop it randomly and say she only affected it to sound more intelligent or something. And I'm not even sure why the directors let her keep that accent. She's Starbuck, not Marlon Brando.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I think she needs to say "Pip, pip, cheerio, and all that rot!" and "Alright, guv'nor!" for the full British stereotypical flavor.
    Is there something(s) inaccurate about her accent?

Incredible Member

Maybe Geoff Johns forced the writers to include Amunet in the same season where DeVoe is the main villain, just like in the first part of his Flash's run with Wally. Those two were the main villains.

Also, Iris wanting to tell the truth to the world, I mean, the city, makes me remember that time during Final Night story where Linda wanted to tell to the entire world that maybe they would die, but they needed to be hopeful that superheroes will save them; and Wally didn't want to cause chaos and panic among people.

Barry mentioned Blackhawk Island. It would be interesting to see Zinda show up next season.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

OK so the comic book jokes have reached peak annoyance. What's the point of making a Super Friends joke? How does that work?

The intro fight was an excellent display of powers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Maybe Geoff Johns forced the writers to include Amunet in the same season where DeVoe is the main villain, just like in the first part of his Flash's run with Wally. Those two were the main villains.

Also, Iris wanting to tell the truth to the world, I mean, the city, makes me remember that time during Final Night story where Linda wanted to tell to the entire world that maybe they would die, but they needed to be hopeful that superheroes will save them; and Wally didn't want to cause chaos and panic among people.
    I think looking at the history of adaptions, it's wrong to blame someone for forcing poorly conceived allusions to prior stories. It's just the nature of the beast.

Mighty Member

Business sure has been booming for that therapist.

Ultimate Member

Oh gee, Devoe outsmarted the again.

Surely, no one saw this coming.

So it's lose for 22 episodes and then win because reasons.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I don't know why I thought that tonight's episode was the season finale. Once DeVoe made a little speech and left ten minutes before the end, I realized that it wasn't the last episode. I'm so slow.

I actually liked this episode, but I'm ready for the ridiculous asspull victory next Tuesday.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York