Page 647 of 827 FirstFirst ... 147547597637643644645646647648649650651657697747 ... LastLast
Results 9,691 to 9,705 of 12392
    Retired

Well, I certainly love FLASH and look forward to every episode. If I say things critical, that’s just in my nature to look at it objectively and see what could be better.

But now I feel like I have to stop doing that on this thread for fear of giving too much weight to the negative side. I have to censor my opinion so I don’t inadvertently give the impression that the series has failed.

The latest episode had all kinds of greatness and I’m dumbfounded why that isn’t celebrated here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, I certainly love FLASH and look forward to every episode. If I say things critical, that’s just in my nature to look at it objectively and see what could be better.

But now I feel like I have to stop doing that on this thread for fear of giving too much weight to the negative side. I have to censor my opinion so I don’t inadvertently give the impression that the series has failed.

The latest episode had all kinds of greatness and I’m dumbfounded why that isn’t celebrated here.
    I agree. I have enjoyed this season much more than the last.

People seem to want Barry to act like Oliver with super speed. Completely ignoring the fact that 90% of the time Oliver is a giant tool LOL.

Of all four shows Flash is the best.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    I agree. I have enjoyed this season much more than the last.

People seem to want Barry to act like Oliver with super speed. Completely ignoring the fact that 90% of the time Oliver is a giant tool LOL.

Of all four shows Flash is the best.
    I probably like Black Lightning the best of the five shows now, but The Flash, despite its flaws, is still a strong #2.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I enjoy the Flash, too, but the show does have flaws. I think the biggest flaw is the copying of the comic books' decompression. We don't need to have a season long "big bad" every season. I would love to have several 2 or 3 episode arcs, maybe with a sub-plot in the background that leads to the season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I enjoy the Flash, too, but the show does have flaws. I think the biggest flaw is the copying of the comic books' decompression. We don't need to have a season long "big bad" every season. I would love to have several 2 or 3 episode arcs, maybe with a sub-plot in the background that leads to the season finale.
    Well, maybe an overarching season long plot, but with smaller ones thrown in. It doesn't need to be a big bad though.

Man...I remember dying to see every new episode of the Flash. Those first two seasons are worth a rewatch infact. Then the 3rd season, yeah, it was much weaker, but still watchable. Enter Season 4 stage right. This is the first season that I have lost all interest in the show, Ive missed the last few episodes and actually found myself bored and shaking my head over and over with this season. I could point out why, but that's been covered a million times over on this thread, so Ill just leave it with this. They REALLY need new talent in the writers room or this show is going to be done after season 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Funny, i thought the comic books were cooying the tv shows’ decompression...

BANNED

Sometimes the fans are in a world of their own compared to the general audience. Looks like that's not the case with this season

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/f...-four-ratings/

Hey, I thought Diggle got over the whole puking thing after an earlier episode of Arrow this season!

DeVoe using all his powers like that was a sight to behold. Just goes to show how you can make a non-speedster villain super powerful. I want Flash to go all out against him, but I'm not sure that's quite what we're going to see. I like expanding upon Flashtime and its problems (especially non-speedsters entering it), but it's not necessarily the best power to have given how powerful it makes Barry. It's kind of like how in the comics Wally could lend velocity to people and objects, but even moreso.

I'm still looking forward to the finale, though. Will Harry be okay? What will they reveal about Mystery Girl? Is the Caitlin revelation going to carry over to next season? Cecile would be giving birth, I imagine?

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    Barry mentioned Blackhawk Island. It would be interesting to see Zinda show up next season.
    That made me smile. I'd like to see the Legends interact with the Blackhawks back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    OK so the comic book jokes have reached peak annoyance. What's the point of making a Super Friends joke? How does that work?
    According to Nate, there used to be a Hanna-Barbera cartoon where the bad guys were called the "Legion of Doom". So I guess that show WAS called Super Friends, even though it wasn't about the DC heroes we know?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    Business sure has been booming for that therapist.
    Good thing she charges by the quarter hour. Still, she is putting Dr. Hallway out of business.

I don’t find that much fault with this season on an individual episode level. Nor do I have a problem with the big bad. It’s simply that most of the season arc has been the team spinning their wheels and only the very beginning and the very end accomplishes something important.

However, if FLASH was a series of stand alone episodes, I’d be happy. I don’t need a big bad to give the season purpose. But having a big bad creates the expectation that the show will progress.
    People seem to not like season 4, but I think I like it more than season 2 (because the Fake Jay stuff soured me), maybe not quite as much as 3. The benefit of 3 was they did have a lot of stand alone episodes where they could solve the temporary problem and weren't constantly behind the bad guy. That's season 4's problem because they keep playing into DeVoe's hands (and one of the stronger episodes was the first Flashtime one that had an immediate problem and was resolved by the end of the episode). However, I think the team dynamics are better this season, especially since Barry and Iris are married and Harry has more depth than he did in season 2 and isn't as often a source of humor like HR was last season.

Does anyone care if they do a cliffhanger given Flash usually resolves most of it by the end of the next season premiere?

Retired

Yeah, a lot of people say season 2 is their favourite. But the one good thing for me was Patty (sigh) and she was written out. I hated Zoom, the plot twists made my brain hurt and they killed Henry!!!! The last time a JWS father character was killed off, I stopped watching the show (DAWSON’S CREEK).

Season 3 had a lot of good stuff through the season—it just ended in a mediocre way. The next episode would have to suck very hard to be nearly as bad as the finales for seasons 2 and 3.

The latest episode started out with a bang. One forgets how good David Ramsey is as an actor, but his version of DeVoe was one of the best. Much better than hoedown DeVoe. And that goes into the hallway fight which was a tour de force performance by the crew.

Then all the little bits—Blackhawk Island, Super Friends, time for tea, apartment 4. And the big emotions—Barry and Cisco, Flash and DeVoe. This episode was pretty darn awesome.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, a lot of people say season 2 is their favourite. But the one good thing for me was Patty (sigh) and she was written out.
    Oh hell yeah! That was a frakking tragedy!

I wouldn't even care if they killed Iris if it meant they brought Patty back.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    You’d think he could just go into flash time once he destroyed the satellite and knock him out... introducing flash time may cause more problems writing wise then help since people will now just wonder why flash time wasn’t used to solve a problem.
    Logically, he should have been in Flash Time from the moment he spotted Devoe's presence.... then he destroys the satellite (probably much closer to the ground, because it has literally NO TIME to launch any higher) and takes out Devoe before Devoe can blink.

Just like even back in the first season, logically he could have disarmed Snart and Rory and put them in jail cells before they could pull a trigger on either weapon.

We all know the reason this doesn't happen is because such plots would be boring story-wise - but it sure would be nice if they at least tried to come up with an in-universe justification for why things don't go this way. Not sure for lesser foes, but with Thinker at least they could have something about him having his force field and pocket universe breaching devices on proximity triggers using advanced circuitry that can respond quickly enough to foil a speedster.

I am one of those people who have Season 2 as their favorite. I absolutely loved Zoom. For me he was Rverse-Flash even better. More terrifying, better backstory, cooler design....

BANNED

I wonder if the last meta to be absorbed will be flash and he gets to interact with all the other metas and help them all escape. He would finally successfully conclude that prison break.