Page 665 of 827 FirstFirst ... 165565615655661662663664665666667668669675715765 ... LastLast
Results 9,961 to 9,975 of 12392
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I feel like next season should have a team as it's big bad. Easier to get the whole team involved and fill out a season.

Sherloque is a fun take but he should have been named after Hercule Poiret. Cisco being his (reluctant) Watson is fun but cisco needs more than that.
    Or failing that, a three way struggle between two baddies and team flash

Astonishing Member

You know with everything happening. I wonder if the show will somehow address who Nora's timeline's Cicada was.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    You know with everything happening. I wonder if the show will somehow address who Nora's timeline's Cicada was.
    David Hersh.

Finally caught up to all 3 new episodes so far better than laat season.

Retired

Has anyone identified any Easter Eggs from the Flash Museum?

Caitlin's mother says that her father was too interested in the past. Could just be a throwaway line, or maybe it means something and it's clue to what he was doing or where he went.

I love Tom Cavanagh but can we just get a normal Wells back, please? Sherloque is funny and all that...but I don't see how that's going to sustain without getting ridiculous.

I will say the combo of less Ralph/toned down Ralph has been very nice thus far.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I love Tom Cavanagh but can we just get a normal Wells back, please? Sherloque is funny and all that...but I don't see how that's going to sustain without getting ridiculous.
    I hear you, but I have been thoroughly enjoying every incarnation of Wells so far.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I hear you, but I have been thoroughly enjoying every incarnation of Wells so far.
    Oh I have too...but....keep in mind those more "cartoony" incarnations have been in very small doses compared to the more straight forward versions we've had last for full seasons. I've been a fan of his since his old show "Ed" and am just glad they keep making him a central part of this show from season to season.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    That's possible I guess. Perhaps in the original timeline after Cicada killed his fill of metas he dropped off the map. Looking back at all the shows I think the only time anyone got out of series help was when Barry had Oliver and Ronnie help him with Reverse Flash which led to Barry helping Oliver with the League.

That scene has me wondering what all that dagger can do and how it's powered.
    Actually, in season 3 or 4 of Arrow, near the end, Barry popped up while everyone else was held prisoner by the League, freed them, and otherwise knocked out the other assassins. Brief, but it was there.

Retired

I imagine we'll get a few different Wells this season. With the 100th episode coming up (directed by Tom Cavanagh), they're bound to bring back some old favourites, if only for a cameo. And then right after that there's the Elseworlds crossover.

From what I understand, Matt Letscher is too busy these days to make an appearance as Eobard Thawne, so we'll probably see Wellsobard in his place (unless Reverse Flash has assumed yet another face).

Given there was a Crisis in 2024, I imagine that it took out many metahumans including the Cicada from the original timeline.

It seems to me that the Thinker is reaching from beyond the grave. Sally the satellite falling to Earth was his plan (if all else failed) and that seems to have created the ligntning dagger and Cicada (and maybe injured Cicada's daughter) and probably the other new metas that are showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I imagine we'll get a few different Wells this season. With the 100th episode coming up (directed by Tom Cavanagh), they're bound to bring back some old favourites, if only for a cameo. And then right after that there's the Elseworlds crossover.

From what I understand, Matt Letscher is too busy these days to make an appearance as Eobard Thawne, so we'll probably see Wellsobard in his place (unless Reverse Flash has assumed yet another face).

Given there was a Crisis in 2024, I imagine that it took out many metahumans including the Cicada from the original timeline.

It seems to me that the Thinker is reaching from beyond the grave. Sally the satellite falling to Earth was his plan (if all else failed) and that seems to have created the ligntning dagger and Cicada (and maybe injured Cicada's daughter) and probably the other new metas that are showing up.
    I demand Wells the Grey!

Astonishing Member

David Hersh.
    Well, MAYBE. But that similarly raises the question of what drove him and made him Cicada, assuming it really was originally him and what changed here via Nora that somehow made it someone else AND had him debut earlier.

Retired

We've seen with most of the meta villiains that the dark matter just amplifies or grants them additional power to do the things they've already been doing as regular criminals. So David Hersch was already some kind of Unabomber type (living on the Kent farm?) and somewhere along the way he must get meta powers that allowed him to do stuff as Cicada--so those powers just made him more of a villain than he already was.

What changed is that Nora helped Barry destroy the satellite, which was imbued with dark matter, and the resulting explosion was different than the one if Barry had acted alone. But I guess Barry didn't die in the original timeline (maybe he was more greatly injured and had a long recovery). In the new timeline, a shard from the satellite, in the shape of a lightning bolt, pierced Orlin's chest near the collar bone and established some metahuman connection between him and this lightning dagger.

At least that's my conjecture from what we've seen.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Too bad Dextler Myles wasn't seen in the flash forward scene with young Nora at the Flash Museum.

That’s a shame because Matt Letscher is absolutely fantastic as Thawne.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!