Page 667 of 827 FirstFirst ... 167567617657663664665666667668669670671677717767 ... LastLast
Results 9,991 to 10,005 of 12392
    Retired

If Iris was protecting Nora from someone or something that was going to kill her, then I think Iris would do that. A parent wants to protect their child--and if the child doesn't understand and ends up hating them for it, so be it--it's worth that risk. I also thought Barry siding with Iris was the right thing. Parents need to present a united front--if they don't it wrecks the marriage and doesn't help their kids in the end.

Dexter Myles has always been the curator of the Flash Museum (since way back in the '60s)--of course, if someone like Eobard Thawne took Dexter's face, I guess it's possible.

I hope all those people who hated Ralph in the previous season can just put that aside and see the character with new eyes this season. I don't think they've put a foot wrong this time around and Ralph is being written and acted so well. It would be a shame if people didn't give him another chance.

Swiss army nerd

Obviously more to be revealed, but without Barry around, I feel like taking away Nora's speed was actually the responsible thing to do. How do you parent a super fast child properly when you don't have super speed? Yes, you can argue about when the right point to tell her was, but if I'm Iris and I lost my husband and now I have a kid who will be able to very literally run rings around me and hurt herself or others, I'd sure as hell want her slowed down.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Obviously more to be revealed, but without Barry around, I feel like taking away Nora's speed was actually the responsible thing to do. How do you parent a super fast child properly when you don't have super speed? Yes, you can argue about when the right point to tell her was, but if I'm Iris and I lost my husband and now I have a kid who will be able to very literally run rings around me and hurt herself or others, I'd sure as hell want her slowed down.
    AS a kid, sure. But Nora said she learned about her powers six months ago, and gives the impression that Iris never would have told her about them otherwise

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    AS a kid, sure. But Nora said she learned about her powers six months ago, and gives the impression that Iris never would have told her about them otherwise
    The bad guy has exactly the same scar Nora does. That's not a coincidence. This will be revealed as the only responsible choice iris could make.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The bad guy has exactly the same scar Nora does. That's not a coincidence. This will be revealed as the only responsible choice iris could make.
    I didn't think they did. Yes the same general area, But Nora had a small scar where the implant was taken out, Cicada had a larger glowing scar. You may be right, but I am not sure.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I didn't think they did. Yes the same general area, But Nora had a small scar where the implant was taken out, Cicada had a larger glowing scar. You may be right, but I am not sure.

Off the top of my head, I'd guess that whatever Iris did stopped Nora's scar from getting big and glowy. It would certainly be bad writing for both scars to be revealed in the same episode that way, especially since there was no in-story reason for Cicada to show his scar.

Retired

I thought they might be indicating that just like Nora who had some tech inside her chest, Cicada had some tech in his--could be a medical device to help him breathe--and that became meta tech when he was hit by the falling satellite debris. If Nora had already removed her tech, then I don't see how there's anything there that would be affected by the dark matter.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Off the top of my head, I'd guess that whatever Iris did stopped Nora's scar from getting big and glowy. It would certainly be bad writing for both scars to be revealed in the same episode that way, especially since there was no in-story reason for Cicada to show his scar.
    Occam's Razor would say you are right.
    But what about the whole Cicada and the dagger both powered up by the satellite? Nora is super because she is Barry's kid.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Retired

Well, sometimes they put things into stories as red herrings. Although usually THE FLASH isn't that clever--and what's most obvious turns out to be the case.

The responsibility isn't all on Iris or Nora, as Iris would have to have help to put that power-dampener in Nora (unless she somehow acquires all Caitlin's medical skills and Cisco's technical skills) and Nora had to find out from someone there was something in her body dampening her powers and where it was located. And did Nora take it out all on her own? So the blame can probably be spread to several other people in this scenario.

It's been a good season so far. Ralph continues to be much better. I like the banter with he and Wells (Sherloque is growing on me a bit). With Ralph it's a combo of showrunners making him more competent and the actor not playing like a campy Jim Carrey knockoff.

Of course regarding Iris/Nora...I'm sure in the end, it will be revealed Iris had a very good reason and Nora and Iris will patch things up. That's a given on a show that can play some things very saccharine.

Did I hear right that we don't get a new episode until like November 16??? That stinks.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Too bad the show can't find a way to show how the Mulitverse can produce unique Wells. Like the Wells of Earth 11: Harriet Wells or the one from Earth 26: Hare-ison Wells.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Nora is super because she is Barry's kid.
    Technically I don't think we know that's true. Had it been confirmed Barry's genetics are the source of Nora's power? Do we know beyond Nora's assumption that she's always had her powers, or where they came from? Is suppressed speed power really the reason Nora thought she was different all her life, or is it something else that she still doesn't know about?

Retired

I think the major threat to the season is if they decide to make Nora another Zoom. Jessica Parker Kennedy is so lovable that it would turn off viewers if her character took a heel turn.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Well Tom Cavanagh just said on Facebook that Jesse L Martin has been suffering from a back injury he suffered while on hiatus so that is why Joe has been so limited this season so far. Hoping JLM gets healed up and feeling better.

BANNED

this situation with iris suppressing Nora's powers could be because like Bart her powers could have led to her prematurely aging and if it is revealed that she actually lost Bart( who may turn to be Nora's elder deceased sibling instead of being a grandson) to super speed aging as presumably no one was around to teach him how to control the speed force in the future then she has a damn good reason for the suppression.
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 10-31-2018 at 02:56 PM.