Page 668 of 827 FirstFirst ... 168568618658664665666667668669670671672678718768 ... LastLast
Results 10,006 to 10,020 of 12392

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Well, that answers that mystery. Hope he gets better soon, even regular back pain is horrible so I can only imagine what he's going through. Still, glad it's not anything more serious. He's one of the best parts of the show.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan Preskovsky View Post
    Well, that answers that mystery. Hope he gets better soon, even regular back pain is horrible so I can only imagine what he's going through. Still, glad it's not anything more serious. He's one of the best parts of the show.
    I agree on all counts.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I'm liking the character stuff while Cicada is decent. Ralph and Iris feel better used this season but the year is still young. I'm worried about Cisco and Caitlin tho.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-31-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Hope for a speedy recovery for Mr. Martin. The show wouldn't be the same without him.

I finished this episode with two thoughts: 1. Cicada's daughter was hurt by debris and his knife is meta-tech made by the satellite. 2. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Nora was crushing on Spencer.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

My theory so far:

-Cicada’s scar is where a chunk of newly created meta-tech struck him. It’s why it is glowing and has veins all around (sort of like Spin’s phone on the inside).

-Clearly Cicada is dying. My guess is that he was told/figured out that by absorbing more dark matter, like say from other meta’s, he can either prolong his life or at least slow his death down/be healed. He might also blame meta’s for what has happened to him.

-His daughter is in a coma and he doesn’t want to leave her like that. So he’s fighting as long as he can to either make sure he’s still around when she wakes up, or he’s doing what he is doing in hopes of healing her somehow.

-Nora’s scar being in the vague same place as his is just a coincidence. It’s easy to film.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    I finished this episode with two thoughts: 1. Cicada's daughter was hurt by debris and his knife is meta-tech made by the satellite. 2. Maybe I'm wrong but I think Nora was crushing on Spencer.
    It was pretty blatant.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty View Post
    It was pretty blatant.
    Figured as much but you'd be amazed at the push back I've seen.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

Retired

Are the episode titles considered spoilers?

spoilers:
    Nora Blocked the Death of Vibe! News Flash, All Doll'd Up, the Icicle Cometh!
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    My theory so far:

-Cicada’s scar is where a chunk of newly created meta-tech struck him. It’s why it is glowing and has veins all around (sort of like Spin’s phone on the inside).

-Clearly Cicada is dying. My guess is that he was told/figured out that by absorbing more dark matter, like say from other meta’s, he can either prolong his life or at least slow his death down/be healed. He might also blame meta’s for what has happened to him.

-His daughter is in a coma and he doesn’t want to leave her like that. So he’s fighting as long as he can to either make sure he’s still around when she wakes up, or he’s doing what he is doing in hopes of healing her somehow.

-Nora’s scar being in the vague same place as his is just a coincidence. It’s easy to film.
    Ya know, if Cicada is dying, that could easily explain how Batman, I mean, Green Arrow, never found him after his first killing spree

Retired

Since they have presumably filmed all the episodes that will air before the Christmas break, I wonder if we'll continue to see Papa Joe right up to the crossover. You would think that Jesse L. Martin will be in the 100th episode. Maybe this is why they are only now announcing his temporary departure, because he had to stick around long enough to do his scenes for the big event.

The way that things are quickly advancing with Cicada, I could see it all coming to a head soon and his part of the story being resolved but that setting up a greater threat, related to XS in some fashion, which would take us into the second half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by greatmetropolitan View Post
    Obviously more to be revealed, but without Barry around, I feel like taking away Nora's speed was actually the responsible thing to do. How do you parent a super fast child properly when you don't have super speed? Yes, you can argue about when the right point to tell her was, but if I'm Iris and I lost my husband and now I have a kid who will be able to very literally run rings around me and hurt herself or others, I'd sure as hell want her slowed down.
    Uh, that mike make sense if we're talking about a young child, but Nora is an adult, and evidently Iris had not told her at any time about her powers. Barry can say that he supports any decision Iris made past, present and future no mater what it is, but that only proves the point that he's an idiot. What husband agrees with his wife (or vice versa) 100% of the time.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Well, sometimes they put things into stories as red herrings. Although usually THE FLASH isn't that clever--and what's most obvious turns out to be the case.

The responsibility isn't all on Iris or Nora, as Iris would have to have help to put that power-dampener in Nora (unless she somehow acquires all Caitlin's medical skills and Cisco's technical skills) and Nora had to find out from someone there was something in her body dampening her powers and where it was located. And did Nora take it out all on her own? So the blame can probably be spread to several other people in this scenario.
    I would guess Dr. Snow bears some responsibility as well.

Sandy Hausler

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    As to the Nora/Spenser interatction, it was pretty obvious. Iris even made mention of it. And Barry realized the implications of that.

Sandy Hausler