Page 672 of 827 FirstFirst ... 172572622662668669670671672673674675676682722772 ... LastLast
Results 10,066 to 10,080 of 12392
    Retired

Given Wells was probably taken over by Thawne by then, it's like they were the OG Legion of Doom. Wellsobard also had a hand in creating Gorilla Grodd with General Eiling.

And Jitters has been around for at least twenty years.

Retired

By the way, the song that Sherloque was singing is an old Canadien voyageur song, "C'est l'aviron." The refrain says that the paddling takes us along on up the way. The verses tell how the singer was on the road from Rochelle when he met three pretty women and he took the prettiest of them up on his horse and they road along together to a spring, but she would not drink the water, and then they rode to the house of her family, where she had a drink (but not of water) and she toasted her father, her mother, her sister, her brother and, turning to the singer, she toasted her lover.

Nice episode, but I really hope Jesse L. Martin will be back in action soon.

Retired

Given the actors will be on a break over the holidays, I doubt that we'll see Papa Joe before the series starts up again in the new year--except for the 100th episode, I have to think, as it would be strange not to have any of Joe West for that special moment. But I imagine he filmed his scene(s) in a chair or propped up in a doorway months ago before he left. And it's a good thing to have that time off so he can get the treatment and rest he needs. Hollywood history is full of actors who had back injuries and didn't get proper care and ended up suffering for it.

Astonishing Member

I wasn't paying attention but were the team actually exposed to the very lowest temperatures? They should have been dead as a door nail. Their lungs would have frozen. Or were the low temperatures in the gadgetry.

I agree that Barry just stands there like an idiot, as usual. Should team up with Kara as she does the same.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

That’s the biggest weakness of these stories though. The writers figure out the plot, then have to work around why the Flash/Supergirl/etc......didn’t just....stop the bad guys immediately. The comics can be that way too, obviously, to be fair.

They should write around what a character can do and not make the character work around their plot. It’s easier their way, but it leaves wide open CIS/PIS moments.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The comics can be that way too, obviously, to be fair.
    Yep. No difference, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Yep. No difference, IMO.
    If every comic and show were written according to what these characters can supposedly do, no comic would be longer than two panels and no show would last for more than a fraction of a second.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Retired

I just figured that, as they are all metas, they were not immediately killed by the absolute zero because their powers were fighting against it, but they would soon die if someone didn't save them. Super-heroes have powers that would kill them if they were governed by natural laws of physiology--yet they don't die, so there must be something extra they have that allows them to survive. Elongated Man does things to his body which should cause his organs to fail, yet he lives; Cisco can vibe his body and others across the multiverse; the speedsters travel faster than the molecular reactions that allow our bodies to thrive. At least the TV shows are limited by their budget in what they can show--comic books show super-heroes doing much bigger impossible things.

Ultimate Member

Yep. No difference, IMO.
    It's different in the speed of action, even ignoring Barry's powers

How quickly did the TV Walking Dead catch up with the show?

Comics have less space and time to fill up vs. TV shows. And that aside, I don't know if comic writers as a whole have a great handle on how to handle superpowers in their plotting, outside of vague super strength.

I mean, I can't remember Barry or Wally in the comics just standing around waiting for the bad guys to hit them with their powers and then letting them run away like he constantly does on this show .

Retired

Who knows for sure what happens in the gutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I can't remember Barry or Wally in the comics just standing around waiting for the bad guys to hit them with their powers and then letting them run away like he constantly does on this show .
    Maybe not as blatantly done as on television, mind you, but all of the speedsters have been KO'ed numerous times in the comics when their speed should have kept them away from any damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    If every comic and show were written according to what these characters can supposedly do, no comic would be longer than two panels and no show would last for more than a fraction of a second.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    True, which is why their powers should be either minimized or at least made not 100% reliable for plausibility's sake, IMO.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

True, which is why their powers should be either minimized or at least made not 100% reliable for plausibility's sake, IMO.
    Not necessarily.

They can write a good story and not nerf their powers too. It’s been done.

It just takes more time/plotting.

Honestly, I can let the some of it go easily enough, but the most blatant ones (not just grabbing Heatwave and Captain Cold’s guns from their hands) are the ones that bother me because it makes the writers look lazy.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM