Page 673 of 827 FirstFirst ... 173573623663669670671672673674675676677683723773 ... LastLast
Results 10,081 to 10,095 of 12392
    Astonishing Member

The cold and heat guns were silly in the Flash show. The users would stand around surrounded by helpless police until the HERO arrived. Having some experience with firearms, the real world folks would have shot them to pieces at quite a distance and rather quickly. Although, I remember that Joe did shoot the Weather Wizard (did I get that correct?).

I wonder if Cisco warantees his work? Gave them a prepaid mailer if the guns went upside down.

I have to say though that I like TV Barry so much more than the Justice League Barry/Spiderman meme.

If I were Barry and there was some villain, I would just carry some stainless steel balls and toss one at said villain at 8000 mph. That should take out all but the most invulnerable. Or I go take a edge weapons class instead of punching folks. Of course, that's lethal and I'm being silly.

Retired

If Barry wanted to hurt someone, all he'd have to do is poke them at high speed. Because of the physics involved, a finger at such velocity would be just as lethal as a bullet.

I think of TV shows and comic books as being more like a board game, where you have a bunch of weird rules that you have to follow in order for the game to be played properly. In order for a TV show to work out at its length, with its effects budget and wardrobe department, the players have to take turns and move around the board according to prescribed conditions. There might be a couple of wild cards that allow for amazing effects and an extended episode, but those are only going to come up twice in a season, at best.

When you understand how the gameplay works, then you don't expect them to do things that would foul up the production schedule and put them over budget. And you appreciate what they can do working within those rules.

Re: Captain Cold's cold gun:

and

In the first example someone noted and I quote: "This isn't mentioned in the Flash TV show, to my knowledge. Probably because it's hokey and weird. The problem with NOT mentioning it is that there is now no explained reason to jump through so many ridiculous hoops to stop him."

I suppose Cisco could make an offhand remark about the cold gun to put it firmly (and finally) in continuity as to why Flash has to "jump through so many ridiculous hoops to stop him". Maybe say Killer Frost/Icicle does something similar with their powers, and add "Just like Snart's cold gun". Though as "hokey and weird" as it is, its something, meanwhile no such explanation exists for the HEAT gun to my knowledge.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

I'm sorry, but I don't remember: was it mentioned before that Catlian's father had ALS?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I'm sorry, but I don't remember: was it mentioned before that Catlian's father had ALS?
    Yes, and the cryo treatment is what cured it while also creating Icicle.

Retired

One thing I thought was a blind alley with the Icicle was those skin grafts. At first it seemed like he was making a clone of himself, but then it was that he was grafting tissue onto his skin so he could disguise himself as Thomas. But later we see that he can change his face at will, so he shouldn't really need the skin grafts. This is like when Caitlin first started becoming Killer Frost, she would do things like dying her hair brown again so it wouldn't be visible that she was going Frosty, but now Caitlin can change her hair (and eye and skin) colour at will. So were all the skin grafts and hair dye a wasted effort?

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Yes, and the cryo treatment is what cured it while also creating Icicle.
    Thank you for answering.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Only thing I don't like about that is I like Cisco's friendships with Barry and Caitlin. But honestly, it would have been a perfect time to move him to Legends to help sell the lie that he was dead.

Ultimate Member

To a certain degree, I do think Vibe is wasted on Flash. But I could never give him up

We are already getting less Joe and now Vibe. Makes me sad. I mostly see this show because Of Caitlyn, Cisco and Wells. The new Wells is not so much to my liking but he is growing on me.

Astonishing Member

In Nate's post - if Barry can hear Cold, then air is moving through the field at the speed of sound. Time to spin at FTL and watch Cold go to Oz.

I agree with Jim that it is all PIS to allow the villains any chance if they are not superpowered and fast.

Retired

Hopefully, when Jesse L. Martin is returned to good health and fit for duty, he'll be hungry to get back to work and we'll see a lot more of Papa Joe, to make up for lost time.

I know this is more for a broader DC-CW thread, but here we get just a bit more of John Wesley Shipp as 1990 Flash.

This happens more often in things like Doctor Who and Kamen Rider/Super Sentai, but I am a flat out sucker for crossovers that bring back the old classics to have them fight a threat that is far, far beyond their home turf. Even a fraction of this event wouldn't have been possible on the old 90s show, but here we're likely to see 1990 Flash hold his own with the modern cast. There's no school like the old school.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post

I know this is more for a broader DC-CW thread, but here we get just a bit more of John Wesley Shipp as 1990 Flash.

This happens more often in things like Doctor Who and Kamen Rider/Super Sentai, but I am a flat out sucker for crossovers that bring back the old classics to have them fight a threat that is far, far beyond their home turf. Even a fraction of this event wouldn't have been possible on the old 90s show, but here we're likely to see 1990 Flash hold his own with the modern cast. There's no school like the old school.
    Looks like Destiny uses his reality-altering ability to turn Superman evil to face off the united front of heroes.