Page 683 of 827 FirstFirst ... 183583633673679680681682683684685686687693733783 ... LastLast
Results 10,231 to 10,245 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    As for the rest? Well, this feels like the post-holiday lethargy that CW shows usually lapse into until things get cranked up again in the last three eps of the season.
    Except for Supergirl. She really upped her game with episode 10. Best episode of the whole season. And the mid-season finally was already great. While Flash is sort of stuck in a rut, Supergirl is really starting to shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    The previous episode felt like a cut n paste episode, where they must have filmed different stuff at different times and then cut it all together to make a show--since Grant was filming the Elseworlds episodes at the time and the Nora and Eobard scenes are connected to the 100th episode.

So I'd say this was the first real episode after the break, as we see Barry acting a lot more Oliver Queen this time. Maybe he has some muscle memory of being Green Arrow and he can handle himself better in a fight without powers.

Kurt Busiek must be in bits over the demise of Bork. It was because he had so much love for Carl Bork's appearance in the Flash-Batman team-up, "But Bork Can Hurt You"--THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD 81 (December 1968 - January 1969)--that Busiek brought back the big brawler to be a part of THE POWER COMPANY team.
    I don't think that Kurt is worrying too much. Remember, Ralph was said to be dead in an early episode of Flash, but here he is. This could be a different Bork.

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Astonishing Member

No one in decent shape with skills would be scared of Barry with no powers. I agree with the usual DC heroes except Oliver can't fight with skill or brains. Barry should carry a Glock. He loses his speed enough to need a backup. Or just do a fast draw as compared to running around.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

ugh....did we really need the end of the episode scene to be 90 seconds of Klein's angry constipation face?

My money is on the doctor being revealed to artificially keeping the girl comatose as to maintain control over Cicada.

Retired

I would be really surprised if they kept the Cicada plot going until the end of the season. I expect this story line to be wrapped up in February, but somehow setting up the other bigger plot with Eobard.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I would be really surprised if they kept the Cicada plot going until the end of the season. I expect this story line to be wrapped up in February, but somehow setting up the other bigger plot with Eobard.
    I had read somewhere that if Cicada crashed and burned (which it seems most people think it has thus far) that the writers had Eobard as a back up plan. I think it's the showrunners own fault for mishandling the Rogues and their potential to long term story telling leaving them with crap options for big bad villain stories.

Cicada should have finished the job with Nora :P

Retired

Now that LEGENDS is gone, FLASH is the only CW show I'm still watching every week. I'll watch the other DC shows later in the year, but I'll binge them, because I find them too frustrating to watch week to week.

The last couple of FLASH episodes have been weak in places, but before the break we had two great FLASH episodes. And the season has been good over all. I never viewed Cicada as the big bad. This season is mainly about Nora and then there are these sideplots--Cicada, Killer Frost--to distract the team so they don't notice what's up with Nora.

Ultimate Member

Honestly, now would be the perfect time for a villainous teamup. You can't keep killing people to give a guy cred, but him having help and shutting down powers? That's scary

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Now that LEGENDS is gone, FLASH is the only CW show I'm still watching every week. I'll watch the other DC shows later in the year, but I'll binge them, because I find them too frustrating to watch week to week.

The last couple of FLASH episodes have been weak in places, but before the break we had two great FLASH episodes. And the season has been good over all. I never viewed Cicada as the big bad. This season is mainly about Nora and then there are these sideplots--Cicada, Killer Frost--to distract the team so they don't notice what's up with Nora.
    I've really liked this season, too. In a lot of ways it's my favorite, actually. I really like Nora as a character and I'm interested to see where her story is going.

I'm bored by the Cicada angle at this point and this is usually where things slow down anyway. I really wish they'd just finished him off in the mid-season finale.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

I agree with you on all your points, Jim.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Man someone get Klein some pepto. The constipation face and the "Batman" voice have got to go. How can the directors of the show look at that performance and say "Yeah thats just what we wanted".

A lot of cringe worthy moments in this episode acting wise. The director of this episode Marcus Stokes has almost no directing credits and all those he does have are shorts or visual effects. It showed big time in the performances.

Caitlin, Frost, Cecille, and Iris were queens this episode. That's all I have to say.

"You're dead!"- Soldier
    "You first"- Lightning, Final Fantasy XIII

"Yes, boo, cause this is Calvin Klein and I don't play that ****" - Tanisha

"You look like a fairy princess...that resides over the pits of hell." - New York

Retired

It's unfortunate that we don't have Joe around, but it's good to have Cecile to fill his place. I got a rush of emotion when the Captain was looking forward to when Joe comes back and how they will make a great team. I can't wait for that to happen. Joe and Cecile forever.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I had read somewhere that if Cicada crashed and burned (which it seems most people think it has thus far) that the writers had Eobard as a back up plan. I think it's the showrunners own fault for mishandling the Rogues and their potential to long term story telling leaving them with crap options for big bad villain stories.
    I actually like Cicada (well, not the acting, the but idea of the character), but even I think he should be wrapped up in the next few weeks. The focus on the Doctor, and finally Eobard.

While I'm fairly certain he was lying to her, what would you think about an Eobard redemption story? Maybe he comes back and ends up dying saving Nora (or even Barry). Not likely, but then again with time travel, he could always show up evil again.