Page 690 of 827 FirstFirst ... 190590640680686687688689690691692693694700740790 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 12392

Just caught up to the newest episode now.

Ok, I mean the scene was kinda funny, but still, powerless Ralph and Barry defeating an army of criminals just like that?
    Not believable.

Also, I really hope Barry gets mad as fuck when he finds out about the whole Thawne thing. Nora is just way too comfortable playing all his mind games.

Ultimate Member

Not gonna lie, I'm not ready to give up Vibe yet

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/02/10/...ving-season-5/

Pretty surprised to see him leaving.
    I am not ready for this to happen.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

However much I like Carlos/ Cisco, neither the character nor the actor have looked like they want to be there anymore for much of this season. This news isn't exactly surprising.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Retired

If he didn't want to be on the show, I don't understand why he didn't leave at the beginning of the season. They had the perfect opportunity to write him out then.

Mighty Member

Good episode tonight. Wonder what kind of repercussions Nora made with all that going back in time so many times?

Mighty Member

Carlos is leaving the show?. Wow!
    Last edited by tabo61; 02-12-2019 at 07:19 PM.

I guess this as the time they were filming Crisis. Nice, nonFlash episode.

I was thinking, they know who Cicada is and where he lives. They should get a long range sniper and put one in his head.

Enough with the over complicated plans that they ignore the moment they confront him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Incredible Member

If Cisco (Carlos) is leaving the show Team Flash is going to need a tech guy. This would be the perfect chance to bring in Ryan Choi. He does make Barry's ring in the future that holds his Flash suit (although if he sees it in the present would he be copying future tech that he will invent but now won't because he's seeing it in the present?)

My God, this episode was painful. Using time travel to solve problem is major-league cheating (even though Barry explained that time travel used like that can cause unforeseen problems -- as Nora seems to have found out having gone through it 52 times, all ending in death). Thank God we didn't have to watch all 52 times. Especially bad was watching Cisco screw up with this new girlfriend again and again. (Also, Iris is NOT the team leader. She's just the one who the other team members let hang around even though she brings nothing to the table; well, except maybe for Barry.) Flash is not my favorite of the CW shows, but I've never wanted an hour to pass more quickly than I did while watching this episode.

Sandy Hausler
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    My God, this episode was painful. Using time travel to solve problem is major-league cheating (even though Barry explained that time travel used like that can cause unforeseen problems -- as Nora seems to have found out having gone through it 52 times, all ending in death). Thank God we didn't have to watch all 52 times. Especially bad was watching Cisco screw up with this new girlfriend again and again. (Also, Iris is NOT the team leader. She's just the one who the other team members let hang around even though she brings nothing to the table; well, except maybe for Barry.) Flash is not my favorite of the CW shows, but I've never wanted an hour to pass more quickly than I did while watching this episode.

Sandy Hausler
    Heh. I thought it was one of the better ones, Sandy, so go figure.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

Grant Gustin was away on his honeymoon, so that's probably why he didn't appear for most of this episode.

This story was fine, but it seems unfair to the new actor to put so much on her to carry an episode, when she hasn't been established as part of the cast. I thought the same with Ralph last season when he had to hold things together while Barry was in prison.

Yet "Here I Go Again," on LEGENDS OF TOMORROW last season, put all the weight on newcomer Zari (Tala Ashe) in a Groundhog Day type of scenario--and that's the episode that really brought out her character and made her bond with the team.

I guess the sad thing in this episode is that, even after all her experiences, XS doesn't have enough trust in her family and friends to be honest with them about everything and she still goes back to the Reverse Flash.

Also, with Cicada, here we go again, because he's almost caught but they let him get away. I know that he has to get away because they aren't there yet in the over-arching plot of the show, but it gets redundant how many times they come so close to capturing him, only to stupidly let him flee.

And I don't think capturing Orin Dwyer will defeat Cicada--because another Cicada is bound to show up. So they could afford to take down this Cicada, putting them in a false sense of security, only for another Cicada to show up with a vengeance.

Awww come one, a 3 weeks break? With a promo like THAT, especially? Booooh!

As for todayys episode, it was ok, but surprisingly short.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post

Sandy Hausler
    I fast forwarded liberally through this episode.

Thawne sure is keen to destroy Cicada's dagger. That combined with the ticking clock, I wonder if Cicada WAS captured in the future, probably by ARGUS, and is being used to put down dangerous Metas.

Retired

Why would anyone want to fast forward through this episode and miss all the Easter eggs?

Cisco referenced Ozone in BREAKIN' and BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO. A deft little Easter egg to the original Vibe, who was probably supposed to be a knock-off of Ozone. I just wish we could have had a scene where Cisco shows up at CC Jitters dressed in that break dancing outfit. Then his story would be complete and we could say adios knowing that he had achieved all his promise.

Has anyone figured out what all the drinks are on the CC Jitters menu? I figure that a Zoom would be a double shot of espresso--but a Kid Flash? What's that? A mochaccino?