Page 714 of 827 FirstFirst ... 214614664704710711712713714715716717718724764814 ... LastLast
Results 10,696 to 10,710 of 12392
    Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    He can run at close to light speed, but can't grab the hand of a monologing villain? Just stands there with a deer in the headlights look. Then when the Dr. is cut, he doesn't have Frost stop the bleeding, he just does the cliche "stay with me" crap and lets the villain get away. He really is bad at this hero stuff.
    And then you weigh that against all the problems Barry's time-travel have caused, like the fact that Flashpoint is now responsible for future Star City's villain...

Are we positive that Barry isn't a mole working for the other side?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

He can run at close to light speed, but can't grab the hand of a monologing villain? Just stands there with a deer in the headlights look. Then when the Dr. is cut, he doesn't have Frost stop the bleeding, he just does the cliche "stay with me" crap and lets the villain get away. He really is bad at this hero stuff.
    The writers are really bad with this hero stuff, that is. If they can't logically write Barry with his current powers, then they should instead develop weaknesses for him that would make the Flash's inactions creditable.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The writers are really bad with this hero stuff, that is. If they can't logically write Barry with his current powers, then they should instead develop weaknesses for him that would make the Flash's inactions creditable.
    And really, in this episode, all they needed was for Barry to save the one doctor. It's understandable that he didn't get to the hospital until after the other victims had been zombie-fied, but he just couldn't comprehend what Bloodwork was capable of if the cure failed.

CW tends to give their big bads invulnerable plot armor until their final defeat. But a good superhero-villain dynamic involves both having successes and setbacks. Flash should be capable of frustrating some of what Bloodwork intends. Saving the doctor Bloodwork blames for his mother's death would have been the kind of thing that furthered Bloodwork's antagonism.

I think Kara has saved more people using super speed than Barry has.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    I think Kara has saved more people using super speed than Barry has.
    She does the same stupid stuff seen on The Flash, though. Only Ollie and Kate can get a pass due to their lack of powers, IMO.

She does the same stupid stuff seen on The Flash, though. Only Ollie and Kate can get a pass due to their lack of powers, IMO.
    True. But just saying super speed isn't Kara's forte, where-as that is sort of what Flash is all about. If Kara didn't have super speed there are any number of other powers she can still use.
    But without super speed what is Flash really left with? So it would seem he would be the best at using super speed. Yet in the most recent episode of Supergirl she used super speed to
    grab a bullet aimed at Alex and later on dis-armed a room full of people firing machine guns. But Barry can't grab a knife moving much slower than a bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    True. But just saying super speed isn't Kara's forte, where-as that is sort of what Flash is all about. If Kara didn't have super speed there are any number of other powers she can still use.
    But without super speed what is Flash really left with? So it would seem he would be the best at using super speed. Yet in the most recent episode of Supergirl she used super speed to
    grab a bullet aimed at Alex and later on dis-armed a room full of people firing machine guns. But Barry can't grab a knife moving much slower than a bullet?
    Kara is constantly either forgetting she has certain powers (how many times, despite both super hearing and x-ray vision, does she get surprised by someone?) and/or the powers she does utilize get nerfed for a particular episode? The problem is Supergirl and Flash are way too powerful for almost all of their super enemies, so the writers alter things when needed. The comic books are just as guilty of this, too.

Lotsa feels this episode.

Also, this season has been pretty dark so far. And if the promo of next weeks episode is any indication, its only gonna increase.

Count on McCulloch technologies to handle a device that involves replication...

Well, that was a waste of a cure for the Big Bad. But I guess if Barry saw a future where it saved him from sacrificing himself, he would have used it.

How soon before they finally call Ramsey Bloodwork?

Cisco was Barry's choice to lead Team Flash with him gone? Not Iris ?

They're really laying it on thick with the Sue build up with Ralph outright mentioning marriage .

I could tell Joe had been holding in his feelings regarding Barry's death the whole episode, but the moment between them at the end was so heartfelt. Joe doesn't want to lose his boy .

Although speaking of sons, when is Barry going to address the issue with Wally? I know Lonsdale's not on the show but logically Barry should be looking for the one person who is most obviously his successor.

Wanna bet Nash bugged Cisco again when he tapped his head at the end?

So Nash is after The Monitor? Does The Monitor know where "Eternium" is? Is that area in the sewer lead to his little "watchtower" from Elseworlds?

Looks like Cisco trying to get rid of his powers is going to come back and haunt him. Does this mean we'll get Vibe back?
    Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Soooo...the Flash continues to be utterly ineffective at saving a single person while everyone pays lip service to the countless people he's saved. Presumably offscreen, because he never succeeds at anything until the season finale.

I get that the hero can't save EVERYONE, but was it too much to ask that he found a way to save the doctor who was Bloodwork's colleague at the end? Like, one guy among the countless people that Bloodwork killed, something to make us believe that Barry made a difference (other than, you know, escalating Bloodwork's murder spree with the failed cure).
    I mean, taken collectively and without counting each and every episode I think Barry has visibly saved numerous civilians from the villain of the weeks, and he has saved people on a global scale every time he has foiled the plot of the Big Bad from the end of the season.

So I don't think it's fair to say he never effectively saves anyone.
    This season is pretty morbid so far.
    I think it's been more fatalistic when you look at Barry's worldview after finding out he dies in the Crisis.
    Which is kind of a bummer since it felt like they had a better handle on depicting Barry's power since the premier.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Which is kind of a bummer since it felt like they had a better handle on depicting Barry's power since the premier.
    Just because the writers are on the wagon for a bit won't mean that later on they won't be on a weeks-longer bender.

Another thing...why didn't Barry try and hide his voice when he was talking to Ramsey? Was the latter just too in the moment to realize The Flash sounds exactly like Barry Allen?
    Just because the writers are on the wagon for a bit won't mean that later on they won't be on a weeks-longer bender.
    You always want to hope for consistency .

BANNED

Barry feeling he has to teach Cisco how to be a leader is hilarious when you consider his alternate self in flashpoint was the head of a multimillion industries or something. Didn't feel the Nash Version of Harrison is particularly compelling but seeing be is the only one who is actively trying to track down the Monitor for whatever reasons made me reconsider. Ralph zoning out and being unable to process the impending demise of Barry was nice as was Joe's heartfelt moment with Barry which highlights Joe's role in developing the core of Barry's character. The Halloween horror setting didn't particularly involve any creepy manifestations and seemed standard fare and bloodwork is on his way to become a traditional villain who started out with good intentions but due to circumstances is forced to choose the wrong path like Cicada and the Thinker. It's getting monotonous. Wonder if they will provide a sympathetic anti life possession 'origin' to the anti monitor as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    Barry feeling he has to teach Cisco how to be a leader is hilarious when you consider his alternate self in flashpoint was the head of a multimillion industries or something. Didn't feel the Nash Version of Harrison is particularly compelling but seeing be is the only one who is actively trying to track down the Monitor for whatever reasons made me reconsider. Ralph zoning out and being unable to process the impending demise of Barry was nice as was Joe's heartfelt moment with Barry which highlights Joe's role in developing the core of Barry's character. The Halloween horror setting didn't particularly involve any creepy manifestations and seemed standard fare and bloodwork is on his way to become a traditional villain who started out with good intentions but due to circumstances is forced to choose the wrong path like Cicada and the Thinker. It's getting monotonous. Wonder if they will provide a sympathetic anti life possession 'origin' to the anti monitor as well.
    I've seen some speculation Nash might turn out to be Pariah, which would explain why he's so determined to find The Monitor.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen some speculation Nash might turn out to be Pariah, which would explain why he's so determined to find The Monitor.
    Well that would be a radical take on the character of pariah instead of the sad passive harbinger of doom.

Looks like Nash-is-really-Pariah was reported by ksite on Oct. 14th.

Last edited by Nate Grey; 10-31-2019 at 12:22 AM. Reason: added pic