Page 747 of 827 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750751757797 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 12392

Ok, cool. Timing. I AM still curious, then, what you were referring to as a gimmick?

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Ok, cool. Timing. I AM still curious, then, what you were referring to as a gimmick?
    Elmo's over the top reactionary posts.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    I don’t see it the same way, but that’s fine. I see Elmo as someone passionate about an issue that is pretty relevant, especially right now. Different perspectives, I guess.

I don’t see it the same way, but that’s fine. I see Elmo as someone passionate about an issue that is pretty relevant, especially right now. Different perspectives, I guess.
    Different perspectives for sure and as you say, that's just fine

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post

elmo hates racism!

Not really disproving my point.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Don’t get it twisted. Twitter didn’t use Gunn’s posts against him. Mike Cernovich and other alt-right agitators were mad that James Gunn was a vocal critic of the human armpit stain currently squatting in the Oval Office. THEY dug up Gunn’s tweets, THEY ignored that he had addressed how terrible they were and had apologized for them, and THEY made a concerted effort to silence someone whose politics they don’t like. Not Twitter.

This is, of course, the EXACT thing they accuse ‘the left‘ of doing when we ‘cancel’ someone by washing our hands of a celebrity who is revealed to be an unapologetic racist/sexist/homophobic bigot. Bigotry isn’t a political view worthy of debate or hearing out ‘both sides’. It’s not a ‘difference of opinion’ that reasonable people have. Studios and actors not wanting to work with an unapologetic racist and misogynist is not ‘persecuting’ the bigot for his ‘beliefs’. Now, that all said, I am NOT saying that Hartley is a monster. Those tweets were ~10 years ago. He said some Demonstrably, unarguably heinous things and as of yet, there is no evidence he doesn’t still feel the same way. There has been no ‘difference of opinion’ to explain these tweets coming up, the way it was so easy to trace the origin of the Gunn kerfuffle.

Other than, of course, an after-the-fact, ‘Oh sh**, I got caught’ apology, Mr. Sawyer has not seemed to address the central issue. THAT is why he lost his job. James Gunn was a vocal critic of the President, which IS a political opinion. And THAT was Gunn’s real ‘crime’ to Mike Cernovich and his supporters who flooded Disney with demands of firing. Not that he had said some crappy things a decade ago.

As for no one getting work in Hollywood? *shrug* I’m fine with a full purging of all the unapologetic rapists, homophobes, misogynists, racists, and other assorted human dumpster fires, even if it means my entertainment options are limited for a while.
    That's a rather long paragraph to just agree people can use Twitter without context to smear people.

I'll wait until something more solid comes out besides edgy nonsense I could've come with is revealed.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Nope. Too many whites on most shows. Studios are afraid of adding more than 3 black cast members to shows out of fear that it’ll be labeled a “black show.” They need to turn the needle themselves and hire less white people in front and behind the camera.
    I mean, again, the show isn't just diverse in terms of African-Americans.
    Candice Patton did an interview once where she said she initially wanted to quit the Flash because the people working behind the scenes are predominantly white. When you have a black character you need to have black people in makeup, hair, writer’s room, there needs to be diversity in every department so it is accurate. The Flash fucked up by hiring yet another white actor who of course had a racist past. We can’t keep idolizing these white celebrities
    If Candice wants more POC behind the scenes and the lack of it makes her feel uncomfortable, that's totally fair. The current showrunner is black so I have to hope things have been improving on the set somewhat.

If they had enough awareness of Hartley Sawyer's behavior on twitter and cast him anyways, then that's an issue, but from a casting perspective I don't think his whiteness should be seen as a factor versus his personal character.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Speculation on what happens? Recast/reface for Dibny or a quick mention in the season premiere that sets him and Sue off to parts unknown...?

I'd rather (as I know I have said ad nauseum) let em go, whittle down the cast. You want to bring in new people, cool, I'm fine with that but let's have folks move on. Caitlyn and Cisco has far outlived their usefulness. Even Cavanaugh as a Wells. I love me some Cavanaugh, but the gimmick has ran its course. Let him move on. Hell they should have a season ago, so it would be a few seasons since we saw him and bring him back for one last Reverse Flash fight for the series finale whenever we get there.
    I mean, they could easily recast Ralph to such an extent that it seems like an easy out without bending over backwards like the Batwoman EP's are doing. I guess it probably depends on whether they want to continue their plans for the characters or just drop them.

I guess it also matters if they can find another actor who can do the character as well as Hartley Sawyer did (which is basically the only credit I will give to someone who should be gone at this point).
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I never warmed up to Sue, but to be fair Ralph and Fiddler had such good chemistry no one else really measured up to me.
    I think Ralph and Sue had much better chemistry and I think Sue had the benefit of not having an accent like Izzy's.
    My wish is to fill the void left by Ralph with Wally. I want it, therefore it won't happen. In that case, bring in Owen Mercer.
    I'd only like to see them bring in Owen so we can get a proper Captain Boomerang after they screwed up the first one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    i agree with this, they should just ditch ralph and sue. especially since that guy chester is going to be a series regular.
    At this point Chester should replace Cisco since he's redundant otherwise and Cisco hasn't been bringing much to the table other then "I wish I was still Vibe."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Ralph and Sue had much better chemistry and I think Sue had the benefit of not having an accent like Izzy's.
    To each his/her own. The only Catwoman-like character I ever liked was, well, Catwoman. Why they went that route with Sue is odd but apparently it worked for some so, cool.

I'd only like to see them bring in Owen so we can get a proper Captain Boomerang after they screwed up the first one.
    Best of both worlds. if the Digger Harkness version is off limits, his son might not be. Plus he'd technically be another speedster just not in the same realm as Barry/Wally (speed bursts). Win/win.

At this point Chester should replace Cisco since he's redundant otherwise and Cisco hasn't been bringing much to the table other then "I wish I was still Vibe."
    I wonder if they convinced Valdes to be recurring or something. They might be scared to have a Flash show without Cisco in some capacity, even if that capacity is limited.

To each his/her own. The only Catwoman-like character I ever liked was, well, Catwoman. Why they went that route with Sue is odd but apparently it worked for some so, cool.
    I think the Catwoman thing is more deceptive then an actual character trait for Sue like she was initially presented as. She's more a "woman of many worlds" then a Catwoman in my opinion.
    Best of both worlds. if the Digger Harkness version is off limits, his son might not be. Plus he'd technically be another speedster just not in the same realm as Barry/Wally (speed bursts). Win/win.
    Having a smaller-scale Speedster villain would be interesting. I just want the show to finally do The Rogues justice at this point.
    I wonder if they convinced Valdes to be recurring or something. They might be scared to have a Flash show without Cisco in some capacity, even if that capacity is limited.
    I think most people probably expect Cisco, Caitlin, Joe, and a Wells to stick around indefinitely. Losing one would definitely lead to a shakeup in my opinion.

Having a smaller-scale Speedster villain would be interesting. I just want the show to finally do The Rogues justice at this point.
    I was thinking as a de facto replacement for Ralph, not the season's next villain. He'd skate the line probably but he'd ultimately be a good guy.

But I forgot overthinking this show is not a good idea. The "replacement" will probably just be Chester and that will be the end of it. *shrugs*

I was thinking as a de facto replacement for Ralph, not the season's next villain. He'd skate the line probably but he'd ultimately be a good guy.

But I forgot overthinking this show is not a good idea. The "replacement" will probably just be Chester and that will be the end of it. *shrugs*
    Hey, nothing wrong with overthinking. It's what fans do .

Chester seems like he'll be the main source of comedy relief going into the next season.

Sawyer's tweets were pretty terrible. Who knows, though, maybe as a new actor, he just wanted to stir up attention or something? Shock humor edge lord stuff and all that. Those tweet were so over the top they come across as comical (then again, in this day and age, it's hard to tell). From the sound of it, he had deleted these, and it was years ago. If Roseanne set the precedent for this kind of thing (and James Gunn is an example of it having gone too far), I don't think Sawyer was in the exact same situation.

That's actually what I was wondering about the CW. Checking the social media of who you hire should be standard. Go back at least a decade.
    That would make sense. And actors should have some kind of contract that says they are cleared to work and anything they said or did before the date they were hired can't be used as grounds of firing. That way both parties are extra careful.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Speculation on what happens? Recast/reface for Dibny or a quick mention in the season premiere that sets him and Sue off to parts unknown...?
    Given Ralph's powers, I could see either A) Elongated Man's identity is exposed and he has to take on a new one with a new face or B) While under cover, something messes with Ralph's powers that takes away his ability to turn into other people but leaves the pliability. Hopefully the new Ralph would have just as much chemistry with Sue.

My wish is to fill the void left by Ralph with Wally. I want it, therefore it won't happen. In that case, bring in Owen Mercer.
    Given his family tree? That could be complicated.

I mean, again, the show isn't just diverse in terms of African-Americans.

If Candice wants more POC behind the scenes and the lack of it makes her feel uncomfortable, that's totally fair. The current showrunner is black so I have to hope things have been improving on the set somewhat.

If they had enough awareness of Hartley Sawyer's behavior on twitter and cast him anyways, then that's an issue, but from a casting perspective I don't think his whiteness should be seen as a factor versus his personal character.

I mean, they could easily recast Ralph to such an extent that it seems like an easy out without bending over backwards like the Batwoman EP's are doing. I guess it probably depends on whether they want to continue their plans for the characters or just drop them.

I guess it also matters if they can find another actor who can do the character as well as Hartley Sawyer did (which is basically the only credit I will give to someone who should be gone at this point).

Part of the issue with having POC behind the scenes is location location location. Vancouver seems like a lovely place but it's black population is about 1%. If they filmed in Toronto better chances way better chances if they filmed like Black Lightning in Atlanta I wouldn't be surprised if that was a factor in filming BL in Atlanta.

BANNED

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyI4gWktyZo

raises some interesting points with this.