Page 766 of 827 FirstFirst ... 266666716756762763764765766767768769770776816 ... LastLast
Results 11,476 to 11,490 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    What is it with these shows promoting characters to positions of authority (Alex as Director of the DEO, Joe as Captain), only to immediately undermine them at every turn to the point they quit? It's as annoying as killing characters, only to bring them back the next episode.
    Because the heroes always have to be underdogs opposing authority figures?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Glad to see that Barry was reminded his training was months long. He's all, "Alexa we've had two 1hr training sessions I don't understand why you aren't ready?" The impatience factor is crazy high.
    So...um, I see Frontier noted this...Psych is just "all in" now. B-I-N-G-O all is ok, lets work together and be friends.

Joe resigning is overkill. Flash loses a good Police Chief on principal but over on Black Lightning their Police Chief is a bigot whose gone off her rocker.

When will Vibe tell Team Flash he and his lady are flying the coop? Midseason break?

Evil Nora is such a yawn I can't decide if the Mirror Monarch was more fun and she was dull herself?

Someone said Fuerza is a comic character? I don't recall her, my wiki search didn't return anything.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Glad to see that Barry was reminded his training was months long. He's all, "Alexa we've had two 1hr training sessions I don't understand why you aren't ready?" The impatience factor is crazy high.
    So...um, I see Frontier noted this...Psych is just "all in" now. B-I-N-G-O all is ok, lets work together and be friends.

Joe resigning is overkill. Flash loses a good Police Chief on principal but over on Black Lightning their Police Chief is a bigot whose gone off her rocker.

When will Vibe tell Team Flash he and his lady are flying the coop? Midseason break?

Evil Nora is such a yawn I can't decide if the Mirror Monarch was more fun and she was dull herself?

Someone said Fuerza is a comic character? I don't recall her, my wiki search didn't return anything.
    If I recall, I think she showed up more recently after Flash War when Joshua Williamson (same first name as me, by the way) was still writing The Flash comics. She was also empowered by the Strength Force, which came along with the other Forces that escaped when Barry and Wally breached the Source Wall.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

And if this person takes over as Captain, it's the same damn situation. Just substitute 'family killed by meta' to 'team killed by meta'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Well, it's been that way for all of the Flashes forever long before any of them made it to live action. He's just too fast for most of these stories.
    I don't remember him standing still and letting the bad guys hit him in the comics. He usually knocks them out real quick. But then the comics only has 22 pages to tell a story so they can do that.

Extraordinary Member

This was posted in another thread/forum.

Fuerza
    Alexa Rivera

Alexa Rivera, nicknamed Fuerza by Cisco Ramon, is a resident of Keystone City who is currently serving as a host to the mysterious inter-dimensional force of nature known to Team Flash as the Strength Force.
    https://arrow.fandom.com/wiki/Fuerza

Note-
    The Fuerza in the comics is Alexa Antigone (Prime Earth) and a different race(a black latino) and that was changed in the arrowverse and the last name as well.
    Alexa Antigone (Prime Earth)
    Mainstream Universe‎‎, 2011‎-present

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Alexa_Antigone_(Prime_Earth)

THREAD: ASIAN AND LATINO SUPERHEROES?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...67#post5539467

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post
    I don't remember him standing still and letting the bad guys hit him in the comics. He usually knocks them out real quick. But then the comics only has 22 pages to tell a story so they can do that.
    My point was that all the speedsters have been taken out by people and/or things slower then them numerous times in the comics that never should have occurred in the first place. This is understandable, of course, because when your powers are so formidable, the stories would end very quickly without these road bumps along the way.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Note-
    The Fuerza in the comics is Alexa Antigone (Prime Earth) and a different race(a black latino) and that was changed in the arrowverse and the last name as well.
    Alexa Antigone (Prime Earth)
    Mainstream Universe‎‎, 2011‎-present

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Alexa_Antigone_(Prime_Earth)

THREAD: ASIAN AND LATINO SUPERHEROES?
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...67#post5539467
    Thanks for this.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

There are alot reactors hating on season 7 so far or the current episode.
    For the ones hating on this season i thought these reactors would like it more then the last season.
    Heck there are some saying it is worst season so far(not true by the way).

Anyway check out some reactors/reviews and comments inside links below.

Matthewvhaynes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwguUC9WknQ&t=1026s

The Flash 7x10 REACTION!! "Family Matters, Part 1"
    Blind Wave
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5gMaX7oUyY&t=1565s

The Flash Season 7 Episode 10 is Everything That's WRONG With the Show (Rant/Review)
    BobaTalks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Suz5Ea3lHnA
    Last edited by mace11; 05-20-2021 at 12:52 PM.

Who else always cringes whenever the Forces are referred to as children?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I was cringing when they started calling the Speed Force "Nora."

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Me. I was like "They're really leaning into this 'they're out kids!' thing, aren't they".

How bad is this episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Me. I was like "They're really leaning into this 'they're out kids!' thing, aren't they".
    It sounds a bit cult-ish when you think about it

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    This is something that's gotten to me for a while. This show really wants to lean into themes of family and parenthood . . . without using any actual children. Or even adults who can pass as teenagers.

First there was introducing Kid Flash as a young man who was already off to college. Then Nora aka XS who appeared as an adult from the future. Now they have these "Forces" as their children even though they're inhabiting the bodies of adults who don't know them. And next season we get Impulse . . . who looks about 25.

I know that working with children is tough and there are education and child labor laws to consider. But sometimes these themes work best when you can see an appreciable age difference between the characters.