Page 769 of 827 FirstFirst ... 269669719759765766767768769770771772773779819 ... LastLast
Results 11,521 to 11,535 of 12392

I don't think anything in this arc made sense, and it's not worth the effort to think about it too much.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

They stuck to that "they're your kids" thing to the bitter end, even with the Forces considering themselves family when Barry and Iris weren't there at the end.

When I think of this storyline, I think "cool visuals" with a heaping helping of "wtf".

Y'know you'd think just seeing Nora to begin with would have had Barry and Iris start working towards having kids without the need for forced Forces kids, but what do I know.

Maybe they just didn't feel the "Impulse" (I'll see myself out).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Y'know you'd think just seeing Nora to begin with would have had Barry and Iris start working towards having kids without the need for forced Forces kids, but what do I know.
    This is the only thing I kinda understand. Joe said something along the lines of "you don't get to shortcut the grieving process just because you'll see her again." They had to grieve first and go through that process, and this..."family" cult nonsense was apparently a part of that. Plus it would have been weird if after Nora's goodbye video they simply had a quick cry then said "Well lets make sure she comes into existence" and start...going at it.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

WOW, just wow at this season. I understand that Covid forced last season to end early. Making them then wrap up the Mirror Monarch story in a few episodes, then they give us these "Forces". Now in typical season arc fashion I was prepared for the Forces to go 15 something episodes. That looks like it is now not happening. It feels like a loose bow has been put on that storyline? Either way it has given this season two "big bads" already and both were bad. I wasn't digging Mirror Monarch last year anyway.

Promos show that when Flash comes back from this brief Memorial Day hiatus that Sisco is leaving. Wells is gone, right? I'm not sure if Impulse (aka XS 2.0) is really going to be any good. With Impulse in the mix are we looking at another time travel big bad for the remainder of the season? Also, how many episodes would that be, for the season? This week was episode 11, are we at midpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Can someone tell me how someone in prison for life without parole... can be out on probation?!
    Clearly there would be a lot of media coverage and protests but hey they had to rush it so ....TADA!

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The Arrowverse legal system doesn't line up with our own at all.
    I'd argue the disparity and inconsistency of it does in it's own way "line up" with ours.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    This is the only thing I kinda understand. Joe said something along the lines of "you don't get to shortcut the grieving process just because you'll see her again." They had to grieve first and go through that process, and this..."family" cult nonsense was apparently a part of that. Plus it would have been weird if after Nora's goodbye video they simply had a quick cry then said "Well lets make sure she comes into existence" and start...going at it.
    That's fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Promos show that when Flash comes back from this brief Memorial Day hiatus that Sisco is leaving. Wells is gone, right? I'm not sure if Impulse (aka XS 2.0) is really going to be any good. With Impulse in the mix are we looking at another time travel big bad for the remainder of the season? Also, how many episodes would that be, for the season? This week was episode 11, are we at midpoint?
    I'm 99% certain the next half of the season is going to deal with Godspeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    WOW, just wow at this season. I understand that Covid forced last season to end early. Making them then wrap up the Mirror Monarch story in a few episodes, then they give us these "Forces". Now in typical season arc fashion I was prepared for the Forces to go 15 something episodes. That looks like it is now not happening. It feels like a loose bow has been put on that storyline? Either way it has given this season two "big bads" already and both were bad. I wasn't digging Mirror Monarch last year anyway.

I think starting last season, the writers decided to stop with a season-long Big Bad, and break the season up into two 'graphic novels'. So the first half of the season would get one villain, and the second half would get a new villain. Which, in theory, I like. Going back to Savitar, you could see that the writers were struggling with dragging things out for a single villain for 22-24 episodes. So getting two villains a season, with a compressed storyline, could be really entertaining, and easier for the writers to handle.

The problem, it appears, is the Pandemic. Because of Covid, they had to cut the last season short, which meant the final episodes of Mirror Monarch had to be tacked onto the first part of this season. That meant that there was even less episodes for the Forces, which probably hurt what they were trying to do. And I'm not sure how this affects the back half of the season- it will depend on if they had to take episodes away from Godspeed, which is what it appears the villain will be.

Cisco is leaving, but I think I heard Wells might be back a few more times. Then again, it may just be Kavanaugh returning as the Reverse Flash (there have been pictures of the Reverse Flash shooting scenes over the past month or so). And while we are getting Impulse, we are also getting Nora West-Allen (X-S) back as well. Which would make sense, as Nora was the first one to face Godspeed in the future.

I think starting last season, the writers decided to stop with a season-long Big Bad, and break the season up into two 'graphic novels'. So the first half of the season would get one villain, and the second half would get a new villain. Which, in theory, I like. Going back to Savitar, you could see that the writers were struggling with dragging things out for a single villain for 22-24 episodes. So getting two villains a season, with a compressed storyline, could be really entertaining, and easier for the writers to handle.

The problem, it appears, is the Pandemic. Because of Covid, they had to cut the last season short, which meant the final episodes of Mirror Monarch had to be tacked onto the first part of this season. That meant that there was even less episodes for the Forces, which probably hurt what they were trying to do. And I'm not sure how this affects the back half of the season- it will depend on if they had to take episodes away from Godspeed, which is what it appears the villain will be.

Cisco is leaving, but I think I heard Wells might be back a few more times. Then again, it may just be Kavanaugh returning as the Reverse Flash (there have been pictures of the Reverse Flash shooting scenes over the past month or so). And while we are getting Impulse, we are also getting Nora West-Allen (X-S) back as well. Which would make sense, as Nora was the first one to face Godspeed in the future.
    I think Bloodwork faired pretty well with this split graphic novel Big Bad format but I feel like the show was less successful with Mirror Monarch or the Speed Force.

I think Bloodwork faired pretty well with this split graphic novel Big Bad format but I feel like the show was less successful with Mirror Monarch or the Speed Force.
    I didn't care for Bloodwork- but that mostly came down to the FX, both of people under his control, and the CGI monster he became. And I blame Crisis for that, because it was fairly evident early on in all of the shows that they were funnelling the FX budgets from all of the shows into the crossover, which meant the vfx work on the individual shows looked REALLY bad at times, and barely passable at others.

I didn't care for Bloodwork- but that mostly came down to the FX, both of people under his control, and the CGI monster he became. And I blame Crisis for that, because it was fairly evident early on in all of the shows that they were funnelling the FX budgets from all of the shows into the crossover, which meant the vfx work on the individual shows looked REALLY bad at times, and barely passable at others.
    I actually like that they adapted his comic design and I liked that and the Bloodwork zombies more than I did Eva and her Mirror Buster and duplicates, but to each their own.

I actually like that they adapted his comic design and I liked that and the Bloodwork zombies more than I did Eva and her Mirror Buster and duplicates, but to each their own.
    Every time they showed someone possessed with black teeth, all I could think about was the Mel Gibson movie The Patriot, where Heath Ledger and his girlfriend in the movie both drank tea with ink in it, giving them black teeth.

As far as I'm concerned, Joe is the Sage Force because that was some much needed wisdom he imparted on Barry and Iris. I liked that scene and Frost vs. Chillblaine (although I'm afraid a redemption arc for her will be shelved in favor of a romantic one), but other than that, this episode and conclusion to the Forces Arc was just...not that great. Maybe I didn't have a firm enough grasp of the characters, but I didn't get a lot of what was going on with them. I also think Allegra needs a phrase that isn't "Flame on!" so as not to get sued.

Oh, and I liked the "impulse" line at the end.

So are the Forces good? Bad? The show can't seem to make up its mind. I mean, even Alexa, the one good Force, tries to choke Iris to get her way because (for some reason) she and Bashir think they can take on the Speed Force...and then end up running back to Barry.
    I don't think the plan was to harm Iris physically. Alexa and Bashir just needed to distract her to get that device, and Bashir's powers ended up manifesting as Iris thinking Alexa was choking her.

You know who I'd like to see? Inertia. If we're getting Impulse, him having his own villain in Inertia would be pretty cool.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Which I LOVE the idea of as I think what harms these shows is the episode count and as you said having to drag things out.

Felt like half the time with Cicada it was like:

Hey we need to get the dagger away from Cicada.
    *fights Cicada, knocks him/her down and separate from the dagger*
    Hey guys lets stand here and talk for a while.
    *Cicada gets up, gets the dagger and escapes*
    Oh, darn our luck.

That was soooooooo infuriating. The graphic novel idea is definitely a better tact I wish they would have taken years ago.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Oh, and I liked the "impulse" line at the end.
    I hope they never tell Bart about that time Barry used his codename to initiate the sex that conceived him.
    I don't think the plan was to harm Iris physically. Alexa and Bashir just needed to distract her to get that device, and Bashir's powers ended up manifesting as Iris thinking Alexa was choking her.
    Oh yeah, I forgot it was just an illusion Psych used to get the device from her.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Can someone tell me how someone in prison for life without parole... can be out on probation?!
    Conditional pardon?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier