Page 774 of 827 FirstFirst ... 274674724764770771772773774775776777778784824 ... LastLast
Results 11,596 to 11,610 of 12392
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post

Hartley Sawyer's tweets surfaced at the worst possible time ever, but there are really two issues at play here. It's not just about punishing him for the things he said, it's also about removing a white male character to give screentime to more diverse characters like Chester and Allegra.
    Interesting how you went directly to attacking diversity for Ralph's absence yet you belligerently and willfully ignore the fact that Ralph's spot got replaced with Sue.

Hartley Sawyer's tweets surfaced at the worst possible time ever, but there are really two issues at play here. It's not just about punishing him for the things he said, it's also about removing a white male character to give screen time to more diverse characters like Chester and Allegra.
    It was never about giving more screen time to diverse characters. Sawyer was sacrificed solely because his past tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Interesting how you went directly to attacking diversity for Ralph's absence yet you belligerently and willfully ignore the fact that Ralph's spot got replaced with Sue.
    I wasn't attacking anything. With Wells and Cisco gone, they're doing some juggling right now with old and new cast members in giving them stories and screentime. Sue's plot recently intersected with Allegra's rather than sharing a subplot with Ralph (and there's also the fact that Sue is a woman).

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It was never about giving more screen time to diverse characters. Sawyer was sacrificed solely because his past tweets.
    That's why he was axed, but I'm speculating on the possibility of him coming back. I don't see him being made a full-time cast member again because they have enough characters to give storylines to. I suppose a small guest appearance wouldn't hurt, but it wouldn't look good if Ralph comes back and Chester and Allegra get sidelined.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Allegra has been around for two seasons now. The writers haven't made her an interesting character.
    Chester, the jury is out on.

Really, those two are just symptoms of writing for the show in general. I highly doubt that if Ralph came back(as any actor) that they would craft something interesting.
    My faith in the writers room has been on a downward slide for a few seasons now.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Chester's growing on me. Allegra's...okay?

Mighty Member

I like the army of Godspeeds.

Mighty Member

I wasn't attacking anything. With Wells and Cisco gone, they're doing some juggling right now with old and new cast members in giving them stories and screentime. Sue's plot recently intersected with Allegra's rather than sharing a subplot with Ralph (and there's also the fact that Sue is a woman).

That's why he was axed, but I'm speculating on the possibility of him coming back. I don't see him being made a full-time cast member again because they have enough characters to give storylines to. I suppose a small guest appearance wouldn't hurt, but it wouldn't look good if Ralph comes back and Chester and Allegra get sidelined.
    Didn't Cisco also give leave or are we to pretend it's online Ralph?

Sue's being a woman is an issue? I wonder if she was a man or tran who is in a relationship with Ralph.... I wonder what your comments would be then? Haha

You would have had a real point of your focus was on the knew Wells suddenly vanishing instead of on Ralph.

I suspect Ralph will be back but with a different actor because the Ralph character can change his appearance (not race, don't get it twisted). They will probably say he gets stuck with a new baseline face as his identity probably use to some accident in one of his off-scr en missions.. Still be able to use his plastic powers but whenever he reverts to normal, he is stuck with the new face aka new actor.

I am probably wrong though.

But we'll see what the future holds.

I am more interested in the new Wells returning than Ralph

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Didn't Cisco also give leave or are we to pretend it's online Ralph?

Sue's being a woman is an issue? I wonder if she was a man or tran who is in a relationship with Ralph.... I wonder what your comments would be then? Haha

You would have had a real point of your focus was on the knew Wells suddenly vanishing instead of on Ralph.

I suspect Ralph will be back but with a different actor because the Ralph character can change his appearance (not race, don't get it twisted). They will probably say he gets stuck with a new baseline face as his identity probably use to some accident in one of his off-scr en missions.. Still be able to use his plastic powers but whenever he reverts to normal, he is stuck with the new face aka new actor.

I am probably wrong though.

But we'll see what the future holds.

I am more interested in the new Wells returning than Ralph

You responded to a post where he said it was also about removing a white male character and said Sue is still there. That is irrelevant to what he said in the first place. It looks like you are just trying to smear the poster.

Nora! Thank you Speed Force dream visions, I guess?

"Hey Iris, we can't have you in this episode for some reason, so I'm just going to have several one-sided conversations with you and just say you're sick. Is that okay?"

Don't denigrate Captain Cold's name by comparing him to Chillblaine, although I guess it furthers the fact that Chillblaine is just a Captain Cold knockoff. Why are we acting like him turning over state's evidence suddenly makes him a good guy when he only did it to save his own skin and get out of prison ?

Does Team Flash get free medical with Caitlin as their doctor? Also, Barry actually owns a car?

Is Esperanza convinced that she's going to end up in Heaven? I kind of have my doubts if she passed away here and now...

Kramer is surprised that Joe, an actual police detective, is able to piece together her case better than she could? I guess Army Intelligence doesn't account for much when it comes to her. And then she charges off like she's about to kill Adam Cray, only to be held back by Joe...and she's an acting police captain? Jeez.

I feel like they've mentioned Barry and Cecile do lunch dates before, but it still felt kind of random.

Who in their right mind would trust a guy who killed someone and framed you for their murder? Heck, it seems like everyone in the city has a reason to hate Mark. But yeah, let's totally take him to STAR Labs.

A STAR Labs security system that actually works? only temporarily, granted, but still. Although Barry thought the Time Vault was impenetrable when it was decidedly...not.

Chester using time travel logic to justify why Bart ends up existing instead of it just being Nora again.

This is why operating rooms are private and don't allow spectator's so we don't have any backseat doctoring like Allegra was doing, but I guess having Cecile there helped a lot.

Didn't Barry get a super-speed boost from the Forces? And he can only fight evenly with one Godspeed with the help of some music distractions? You'd think he'd be faster and able to take on all five at this point.

It's always nice to hear Gideon .

I wasn't expecting a Speedster War with a bunch of Godspeed clones, but there you go. Which group is from the real Godspeed, though?

I get Barry was disheartened that the test came back negative, but...he and Iris can keep trying, so it's not something to really get upset by.

Thank goodness Mark set off a chain reaction to interrupt that kiss with Frost, but...why did he bail? He didn't seem to have any real reason to other than, I assume, a fear of commitment.

Does Cray have a laser gun or actual laser powers?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Probably the best Flash episode of the season to date. A much more return to form.
    So Barry is back for the whole episode after having large parts of the last two off, but....Iris is off screen the whole time. There some kind of timeshare going on here? The actors working side gigs? Anywho.

Now that I've seen Black Sails(pirate show from Starz) it is hard for me to just see Nora/Xs. Good to see her though if only in a dream.

Multiple Godspeeds, what is going on here? Godspeed Civil War or something else?

Chester's drop of knowing the future sets up Barry realizing he can't know. Like Frontier said, enter Impulse.

Show of hands? Who was surprised at Mark/Chillblaine doing something sneaky to just disappear? Is that a hand in the back...didn't think so.

What will be Ultraviolet' s path post surgery? This was the moment they reveal that Cecile has found a new way to harness her power, she can project emotion into others.

That last shot.....Joe, you guys ok? Got out of the car in just the nick??
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "Hey Iris, we can't have you in this episode for some reason, so I'm just going to have several one-sided conversations with you and just say you're sick. Is that okay?"
    That reminds me of the later seasons of Arrow, after Willa Holland negotiated to work fewer dates. Sometimes they could explain her absence well (she's away at a conference, she's in a coma), and sometimes it made no damn sense ('hostile aliens are threatening to detonate a meta-bomb that will kill thousands, and will probably then enslave the rest of the planet, but I'm going to go home because they stuck me in a dream world where I had everything I wanted, but I had to leave it and now I'm sad.' I mean, seriously?!)

Finally a good episode. Probably the first real one this Season. Also looking forward to Diggle next week.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

I am all for some Diggle next week.

As for the episode, the previous one was stronger I think.

Godspeed.....he has a lot of comic book rep behind him, but he looks like a chump more often than not on the show. My worry is that too much damage has been done to be able to make him a credible threat.
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    I am all for some Diggle next week.

As for the episode, the previous one was stronger I think.

Godspeed.....he has a lot of comic book rep behind him, but he looks like a chump more often than not on the show. My worry is that too much damage has been done to be able to make him a credible threat.
    It kind of dilutes the actual Godspeed that we keep seeing all these multiple versions in my opinion.

Wasn't expecting the Nora dream bit, that was interesting as a way to tell us things will be okay even if she isn't going to be the child Barry and Iris are conceiving. Kind of a longshot, but my hope is that Iris gets pregnant with twins, who are Don and Dawn. Nora ends up as Dawn's daughter and Bart is Don's son. My more realistic hope is that we'll actually see Barry and Iris together onscreen as parents. No Iris this episode was just weird.

I liked how action packed this episode was and the stakes hit close to home with the Godspeeds invading STAR Labs. I guess I have been missing this super speed battles, especially after all the stuff with the Forces, which didn't look that impressive. I just wished Frost and Chillblaine utilized the freeze powers-slow-down-speedsters thing more. Why'd they end up switching to hand to hand combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Didn't Barry get a super-speed boost from the Forces? And he can only fight evenly with one Godspeed with the help of some music distractions? You'd think he'd be faster and able to take on all five at this point.
    I guess Barry is as fast or as slow as the plot requires him to be? It did feel like he got a speed boost when he realized his friends were in trouble. Maybe it's just because he was distracted all episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Show of hands? Who was surprised at Mark/Chillblaine doing something sneaky to just disappear? Is that a hand in the back...didn't think so.
    I still don't love Chillblaine or this subplot, but I do like that it's a gender reversal of the Batman/Catwoman hero/super villainess dynamic.