Page 776 of 827 FirstFirst ... 276676726766772773774775776777778779780786826 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,640 of 12392
    Mighty Member

Barry and his family are cursed to be terrorized by a evil speedster.

Good episode. Impulse continues to impress me.

Holy crud, Bart straight up vibrated through someone! That's pretty Crash !

The Cosmic Treadmill! What better way to mark the show's 150th episode than the classic Flash plot of a villainous Speedster using the Cosmic Treadmill to go back in time to fulfill a villainous plot ?

Chester's the smartest guy the Speedster siblings know? What about Cisco? Although I guess Bart's probably biased because Chester helps him with his homework.

I get the sense future Barry's never taken the kids out on patrol with him? Or at least together. He also sounds pretty strict about going back in time, but that's coming from experience.

Poor Wally sitting out the big Flash Family reunion because he's meditating, but at least he gets to mentor Bart in the future. Better than Jesse getting wiped from existence.

It's kind of weird that Nora is a different Nora yet grew up knowing about an alternate timeline version of herself that was erased from existence. Flash Family problems, huh?

The Thawne name is so infamous that it's used as a comparison point for Godspeed's relationship with Bart. Poor Inertia gets replaced with Godspeed as Bart's nemesis.

They keep mentioning Bart being "impulsive" but I don't think they ever actually called him "Impulse."

Frost seems to like randomly turning up when the episode needs her most.

Jeez, Jay survives Crisis with Joan, gets his Speed restored thanks to the Forces arc and seems close to being back at his prime, and just when he's ready to go help Barry he gets kidnapped by the Godspeeds and tortured. Then it turns out he inevitably dies in the future so the Godpseeds can hurt Bart. Poor Jay .

I like how they touched on how important Jay is supposed to be to Bart, where Barry and Wally were both important but Jay helped raise Bart into the Speedster he was supposed to be.

Barry and Iris' reaction probably was the same as the audience when Nora said she was about to turn 30. She really does not look or act her age at all. I thought she and Bart were twins at the same age as each other. She says she's known him for 19 years and she could totally pass for 19.

Zauriel Cathedral? Named after the DC Comics angel?

August Heart is the kind of amnesiac to where it's likely better that they don't remember who they used to be. Like, the guy seems so innocent now that it's almost kind of sad to think he's going to become evil again.

It's nice to see Cisco again even if I really didn't need to see Mecha-Vibe again. Like, can't he just wear his old costume again?

Allegra deserves better than to be having power issues because of Esperanza.

I'm ready for this Kramer plotline to be over. Like, where is this going? Is she still anti-Meta?

Well, nothing says god complex than having a throne of yourself in a church. He's taking this Godspeed thing more literal than Savitar or comic August ever did.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Holy crud, Bart straight up vibrated through someone! That's pretty Crash !

The Cosmic Treadmill! What better way to mark the show's 150th episode than the classic Flash plot of a villainous Speedster using the Cosmic Treadmill to go back in time to fulfill a villainous plot ?

Chester's the smartest guy the Speedster siblings know? What about Cisco? Although I guess Bart's probably biased because Chester helps him with his homework.

I get the sense future Barry's never taken the kids out on patrol with him? Or at least together. He also sounds pretty strict about going back in time, but that's coming from experience.

Poor Wally sitting out the big Flash Family reunion because he's meditating, but at least he gets to mentor Bart in the future. Better than Jesse getting wiped from existence.

It's kind of weird that Nora is a different Nora yet grew up knowing about an alternate timeline version of herself that was erased from existence. Flash Family problems, huh?

The Thawne name is so infamous that it's used as a comparison point for Godspeed's relationship with Bart. Poor Inertia gets replaced with Godspeed as Bart's nemesis.

They keep mentioning Bart being "impulsive" but I don't think they ever actually called him "Impulse."

Frost seems to like randomly turning up when the episode needs her most.

Jeez, Jay survives Crisis with Joan, gets his Speed restored thanks to the Forces arc and seems close to being back at his prime, and just when he's ready to go help Barry he gets kidnapped by the Godspeeds and tortured. Then it turns out he inevitably dies in the future so the Godpseeds can hurt Bart. Poor Jay .

I like how they touched on how important Jay is supposed to be to Bart, where Barry and Wally were both important but Jay helped raise Bart into the Speedster he was supposed to be.

Barry and Iris' reaction probably was the same as the audience when Nora said she was about to turn 30. She really does not look or act her age at all. I thought she and Bart were twins at the same age as each other. She says she's known him for 19 years and she could totally pass for 19.

August Heart is the kind of amnesiac to where it's likely better that they don't remember who they used to be. Like, the guy seems so innocent now that it's almost kind of sad to think he's going to become evil again.

It's nice to see Cisco again even if I really didn't need to see Mecha-Vibe again. Like, can't he just wear his old costume again?

Allegra deserves better than to be having power issues because of Esperanza.

I'm ready for this Kramer plotline to be over. Like, where is this going? Is she still anti-Meta?

Well, nothing says god complex than having a throne of yourself in a church. He's taking this Godspeed thing more literal than Savitar or comic August ever did.
    Seriously? They bring in Jay for that???!!! JWS Garrick was the only reason I was going to tune in, but if that is what happens then count me out.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Seriously? They bring in Jay for that???!!! JWS Garrick was the only reason I was going to tune in, but if that is what happens then count me out.
    So you don't want to see him in the season finale?
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

I assume they'll give Jay more to do in the finale.

Incredible Member

so after crisis , the earth-3 jay and joan are merged to earth prime even though jay and joan are duplicates of barry's parents ?

I assume they'll give Jay more to do in the finale.
    Same here, Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal88 View Post
    so after crisis , the earth-3 jay and joan are merged to earth prime even though jay and joan are duplicates of barry's parents ?
    If this were the comics, they could just make Jay and Joan look different. However, when you're dealing with live action, things are not as easy to handle. Therefore, we have this silliness.

Astonishing Member

I didn't catch that "the other Nora" was XS 1.0 at first. I thought it was a reference to SpeedForce personication Nora. It took a few minutes until I realized that this was a different XS and thus a 3rd (4th?) Nora. For a character that barely appeared in Flash mythos until Flashpoint "Nora Allen" sure gets namechecked a lot in this show.

Think of it like Earth-2 Laurel.

Incredible Member

Think of it like Earth-2 Laurel.
    Jay, Joan and E2 Laurel are all like Powergirl, survivors from a dead universe. So, I assume when JWS appears on Stargirl, he will be playing a different Jay Garrick.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Jay, Joan and E2 Laurel are all like Powergirl, survivors from a dead universe. So, I assume when JWS appears on Stargirl, he will be playing a different Jay Garrick.
    Or maybe this Jay ended up on Earth-Prime from the Stargirl Earth...although they can't really know about the multiverse still existing.

As expected, there are things I love about Bart and things I hate about him. I guess with Nora being 26 and him being 19, they aren't twins (and Iris is still going to have a girl first?). And, again, he is way too old to feel like the best of what Bart Allen/Impulse can be. But it's impossible to hate this guy. I was ready for the angst, and making Godspeed his Thawne who killed Jay was a real gut punch. I think the Impulse costume looks cooler in live action than the Kid Flash costume (what are the odds we'll see Wally next week? I could've done without Cisco since he just left, but Wally would be awesome).

Given Eddie, it's unlikely there will be an actual Allen/Thawne family connection that weaves in and out of the rivalry, so I'm okay with not having Inertia. Otherwise, we get a real Flash Family feeling from this episode, even with Jay and Cecile, and that's pretty much the kind of thing I want to see from Barry and Iris' time traveling kids.

I was wondering if I missed that, but I guess not. I thought they were going to say something about how Jay gave him that name.

They said it was on "Morrison Street" as in his creator Grant Morrison, so probably.

There's plenty of duplicates with actors playing double duty in the Arrowverse.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    As expected, there are things I love about Bart and things I hate about him. I guess with Nora being 26 and him being 19, they aren't twins (and Iris is still going to have a girl first?). And, again, he is way too old to feel like the best of what Bart Allen/Impulse can be. But it's impossible to hate this guy. I was ready for the angst, and making Godspeed his Thawne who killed Jay was a real gut punch. I think the Impulse costume looks cooler in live action than the Kid Flash costume (what are the odds we'll see Wally next week? I could've done without Cisco since he just left, but Wally would be awesome).
    It really doesn't feel like a full Flash Family episode without Wally and Jesse...
    Given Eddie, it's unlikely there will be an actual Allen/Thawne family connection that weaves in and out of the rivalry, so I'm okay with not having Inertia. Otherwise, we get a real Flash Family feeling from this episode, even with Jay and Cecile, and that's pretty much the kind of thing I want to see from Barry and Iris' time traveling kids.
    Maybe Bart's kid will be menaced by Inertia.