Page 790 of 827 FirstFirst ... 290690740780786787788789790791792793794800 ... LastLast
Results 11,836 to 11,850 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Damn, Joe gives a good impassioned speech. I was all on board letting Thawne die, but I liked his cop perspective - it's not in his job description to decide who deserves saving, so it definitely shouldn't be in a hero's one either. You go, Joe!
    I do feel like he reacted maybe a little too strongly knowing what Thawne has done and he's basically dying from choices he made, Team Flash was just letting him reap what he sowed, but if Barry knew of a way to save him...

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Enjoyable story and illustrated the benefits of a shorter arc, but I'm seriously tired of the "There's always another way!" stuff in superhero stories.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I do feel like he reacted maybe a little too strongly knowing what Thawne has done and he's basically dying from choices he made, Team Flash was just letting him reap what he sowed, but if Barry knew of a way to save him...
    ... he should have kept it to himself and pleaded ignorance.

Yeah I'm sorry, but they should've totally listened to Mia here. Where was Joe when they decided to let Hunter Zolomon be dragged off to Speed-Hell? Where was Joe when Iris shoot Savitar?
    Some people are just beyond redemption.

Notably, Damien is not one of these people. Heartbreaking scene, really.

And I hope we'll see Despero again.

I'm glad someone from Arrow was around to remind people that Dahrk murdered Laurel. (and others, of course) So what if he loves his daughter? If his agenda included murdering team Flash, he'd do that without hesitation.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Enjoyable story and illustrated the benefits of a shorter arc, but I'm seriously tired of the "There's always another way!" stuff in superhero stories.
    I think it's less an issue with that as a concept, since I think it's a significant part of the genre, so much as just better framing the decision from a writing standpoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'm glad someone from Arrow was around to remind people that Dahrk murdered Laurel. (and others, of course) So what if he loves his daughter? If his agenda included murdering team Flash, he'd do that without hesitation.
    Yeah, I'm glad someone still took that personally. Even the Legends were a little too cordial with him the last time he was on that show.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's less an issue with that as a concept, since I think it's a significant part of the genre, so much as just better framing the decision from a writing standpoint.
    I just wish it were more trying to find another way instead of the certainty of one. The other thing is that they're more strident about it than in the past.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Cliff notes of things as I finally got to check the episode…

Now as I was watching it I was in the camp of let him die. But I can also see Joe’s POV and to have known and covered police in my journalism years, they may not like everyone or agree with everyone, they are charged with saving everyone.
    But by the same token, it’s f’n THAWNE.

I doubt they do, but I need some kind of revisiting this and the fact that WHEN, not IF, he returns, whatever damage and death he causes, it is on the heads of ALL of Team Flash. They were looking for the short term feels and not thinking long term. But of course, that brings the issues of punishing someone for something they MIGHT do in the future. But again, this is f’n Thawne.

Looking at Armageddon as a whole, I think it could have worked as a four parter. Still have the wrap up with Despero and the Golden Boot Rider Kick, BUT this save Thawne thing happens in another episode later in the season. Make it the 19th or 20th episode as a less action heavy one before you launch into the two-part finale. Because the way they did it, this should have been the end of Thawne, so make it toward the end of the series. But if this is truly the end of Thawne then I’d be fine with it.

Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Yeah I'm sorry, but they should've totally listened to Mia here. Where was Joe when they decided to let Hunter Zolomon be dragged off to Speed-Hell? Where was Joe when Iris shoot Savitar?
    Some people are just beyond redemption.
    He was right there with them both times, I think. At least I know he was there for Hunter.

Yeah, saving Thawne at this point screams of the writers liking the character, liking the actor, and wanting a way to bring him back again in the future, logic be damned. You could even say that by saving Thawne, they cheapened Eddie's sacrifice way back in Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    He was right there with them both times, I think. At least I know he was there for Hunter.

Yeah, saving Thawne at this point screams of the writers liking the character, liking the actor, and wanting a way to bring him back again in the future, logic be damned. You could even say that by saving Thawne, they cheapened Eddie's sacrifice way back in Season 1.
    Wasn't the Black Flash/Time Wraith coming for Thawne on Legends because he was running away from Eddie's sacrifice shot effect? Correct me if I am wrong.

I could buy him coming back here and there, still outrunning it but even that has a limited shelf life and would definitely need to be resolve well before season eight.
    Last edited by KabutoRyder; 12-15-2021 at 02:29 PM.

I don't think they ever explained how Thawne survived his death in Legends, because Barry saved him from Eddie's sacrifice through Flashpoint and that's what set off the Time Wraiths/Legends, unless there was one version of Thawne left that the Legends didn't destroy and that's the one who ended up on Earth-X because that's pretty consistently been the main Thawne.

As much as I like Tom, I wish they liked Matt Letscher as much.

Because it makes no sense Thawne hasn't defaulted back to his real face by this point. Like you'd be forgiven for thinking that is his real face at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by KabutoRyder View Post
    Wasn't the Black Flash/Time Wraith coming for Thawne on Legends because he was running away from Eddie's sacrifice shot effect? Correct me if I am wrong.

I could buy him coming back here and there, still outrunning it but even that has a limited shelf life and would definitely need to be resolve well before season eight.
    No, you are right. That was Thawne's whole reason for wanting the spear- to re-write reality to keep himself alive. Once the spear was depowered, the Black Flash caught him.

I also like Matt Letscher, but I suppose they could say the reason we will never see that face again is because of how the Black Flash destroyed him on Legends. Maybe now Wells is his default face.

I also like Matt Letscher, but I suppose they could say the reason we will never see that face again is because of how the Black Flash destroyed him on Legends. Maybe now Wells is his default face.
    Eff that. Give me more Letscher. Cavanaugh's use has been well beyond exhausted by this point. If nothing else if they want to continue RF a few more times, at least we would get some freshness with Letscher as he can play Thawne different. Cavanaugh's always plays off their time together and all that rot, Letscher can come at it differently, at least in IMHO.

I've been wondering about Matt Letscher, too. He must be very very busy, and Cavanaugh's schedule very, very open. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I've been wondering about Matt Letscher, too. He must be very very busy, and Cavanaugh's schedule very, very open. :/
    I think Letscher's said on a few occasions that they've never reached out to him to come back. I think it's always just been more for convenience and preference that they use Tom.