Page 795 of 827 FirstFirst ... 295695745785791792793794795796797798799805 ... LastLast
Results 11,911 to 11,925 of 12392
    Incredible Member

I think it will be more interesting to see how many episodes season 9 will be. Arrow only did 10 eps in its last season. A short season will most likely be the last for Flash also.

Mighty Member

I enjoyed Allegra's storyline.

It's rough for Barry that the birthdays of both his parents bring him nothing but emotional pain.

Wait, the "Long Live Rock and Roll" Fire guy? From the season 4 episode where Iris gets powers? The guy who nobody took seriously and was the cherry on top to a fairly ridiculous episode? He had a very relatable and complicated home life situation and was a dad by season 4 (unless it's a Crisis thing)? I didn't see that coming.

Although he's still so little a threat that Barry can take him out in, like, four seconds.

Cecile doesn't actually use her powers for her job as a lawyer? Has that actually been the case? Because I feel like she totally has. I mean, points for trying to maintain ethics, but it felt kind of weird. I mean, she'd probably be disbarred if anyone actually knew about her powers anyways.

Iris and Allegra conflicting over the Citizen needing to be a paper that gets views/attention and needing to maintain their journalistic integrity with real, hard-hitting, journalism. So maybe a story about a girl who fell on the wrong side of the tracks but is trying to build her life back up after prison even if she has to go through menial jobs is worth telling, but you also have to consider that even a story about a social media influencer has its merits when you look at it the right way or who your audience is. I wasn't feeling it at first, but it felt like both Allegra and Iris had a point in this episode.

I mean, it's not Allegra's fault that she just so happened to find the right job and mentor, sometimes that's just life, but I guess she should've kept in touch better with her "gal pals" from prison? Although sometimes you need some time alone after you've served your time.

Great job by CCPD of holding that guy in custody. Especially considering who it was, the fact that they could only hold onto him for, at best, a few hours is probably one of the biggest CCPD blunders on this show.

I hate it when Team Flash are made to make Barry doubt himself even when he has legitimate reason to believe what he's spouting, especially when he's inevitably proven right. At least there's always Joe.

Henry was 45 when Barry was a kid? They must have had him late.

Barry really doesn't need to hear more about Frosts' relationship with Chillblaine.

Flash vibrating into the Earth's core to channel excess heat for the Meta of the Week to absorb was the most Flash thing ever.

It's hard not to feel for Allegra when it's obvious that the reporter working under her is such a stuck up tool who doesn't seem to respect Allegra or her authority at all and takes everything as a personal slight. It even seems like she's judging Allegra for being an ex-con. Can Allegra utterly destroy her instead?

Thank goodness Barry proved he didn't do it and he can get his kid back while not being liable for any of the numerous property damage his emotional outburst caused! But a happy ending is a happy ending.

Time to hunt down a fire/cold fusion powered serial killer.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

A good episode.
    The Central Citizen drama wasn't my favorite BUT I do feel that seeing our characters living "routine lives" is part of what makes a superhero show work.
    Did not catch that Fire guy is from a prior season. Was he one of the guys on the bus that was being manipulated by the wheel chair telepath(forget his name).
    So the rest of the season will be hunting for a meta serial killer it seems? Or at least 4-6 episodes, right, they are doing mini-arcs now?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Henry was 45 when Barry was a kid? They must have had him late.
    I got married at 39(late). I'll be 46 next week. I have a 4.5yr old and a nearly 2yr old....it happens.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Did not catch that Fire guy is from a prior season. Was he one of the guys on the bus that was being manipulated by the wheel chair telepath(forget his name).
    He wasn't one of the bus Metas but he got his powers through one.
    So the rest of the season will be hunting for a meta serial killer it seems? Or at least 4-6 episodes, right, they are doing mini-arcs now?
    Basically a mini-arc.
    I got married at 39(late). I'll be 46 next week. I have a 4.5yr old and a nearly 2yr old....it happens.
    Fair!

I don't want to keep bringing up the Forces arc to complain about, but what turned me off to that story is what's making me really like these last few episodes. Barry is a forensic scientist/superhero, and he's at his best when his stories work both angles. Add in a personal conflict that mirrors Barry's plus a fresh subplot with a unique problem, and it's a solid episode. I am hoping for something bigger with this cold fusion thing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    I do wonder how long they plan to go, could see them finishing it at 10 and matching Smallville, or they could pump out as many seasons as Grant and most of the cast are willing to do like Supernatural.
    Smallville had ten full seasons of 22 episodes, so Flash will have to go into season 11 (or 12?) to match Smallville for episode count. Actually, doing the math, it looks like Flash will need to have 58 more episodes. I could go for more if they're good, but considering the future of the CW, I do wonder if it would be better to end the show and then have some kind of spin-off (not that attempting that did Arrow any favors).

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I enjoyed Allegra's storyline.
    Me too. Especially since she ended up being in the wrong. Being Iris' friend shouldn't make her job easier for her. I'd rather see more scenes involving the Citizen than her romance with Chester (they're cute and all, but I feel like they're just dragging things out and there's not a ton of places the story can go).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Cecile doesn't actually use her powers for her job as a lawyer? Has that actually been the case? Because I feel like she totally has. I mean, points for trying to maintain ethics, but it felt kind of weird. I mean, she'd probably be disbarred if anyone actually knew about her powers anyways.
    I can't remember, but I think she was more willing to do it before her encounter with someone (was it Top?) that made her hesitant. Either way, that's a story that needs exploring.

Incredible Member

I really hope they don't go beyond season 9. I'm pretty sure once they know for sure when the final arc will be, it will be a "final" confrontation with Reverse Flash. And while I liked the latest episode, I can't help wondering where this arc and the rest of the season is going. The show isn't as exciting to me without Cisco...I'm not overly enthused with Chester/Alegra or Frost/Blaine/Caitlin/Whomever and while I do like Cecille, I don't care for her having powers.

I do like Nora, when she shows up (can do without Bart), Jay Garrick Flash (again, when he shows up) and Joe (but what will his role be if not working as Police Chief?).

I'm hopeful for the Iris arc.

But overall, I find myself zoning in and out during the show, as I've heard all the different versions of "level up", "power of love", "run, Barry, run" speeches.

Even the Flash going into the earth, while a cool concept, didn't impress me, since we didn't actually get to see it and the entire sequence had to be verbally explained as to what Flash did. They did a much better job with the black hole and Tsunami situations in previous seasons, but I'm assuming they are saving their special effects for something else (or used up a bunch for Armageddon).

Jaco might've been innocent, but his erratic behaviour still wouldn't have won him any favours in any real life court, especially if he wants guardianship.

But eh, still nice episode, I agree that the Allegra part was intriguing.

Who do you think the Serial Killer is?

Astonishing Member Charlie_1981's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Jaco might've been innocent, but his erratic behaviour still wouldn't have won him any favours in any real life court, especially if he wants guardianship.

But eh, still nice episode, I agree that the Allegra part was intriguing.

Who do you think the Serial Killer is?
    Hope it's not Heatwave or a different version of him because this would destroy any redemption thing from Legends of Tomorrow.

That would make no sense.

It's not Heatwave.

I wonder if it's Eddie as Cobalt Blue.

Mighty Member

Delete post

How is the little b★#c& journalist not fired?

Also the fire guy escaped custody, wrongfully arrested or not, he goes back to jail.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How is the little b★#c& journalist not fired?
    I'm guessing as a lasting consequence to Allegra's actions. I feel a balance needed to be maintained: Allegra needed to get across that while she was wrong, she's still her immediate supervisor and respect will be maintained. But, that's out the window to give Allegra an antagonist, I guess.

Also the fire guy escaped custody, wrongfully arrested or not, he goes back to jail.
    Isn't that a common trope in all fiction, irregardless of genre? That if you escape custody, and prove you were innocent/framed for what you were in custody for in the first place, herp derp all's forgiven you can go home!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Isn't that a common trope in all fiction, irregardless of genre? That if you escape custody, and prove you were innocent/framed for what you were in custody for in the first place, herp derp all's forgiven you can go home!
    I think the only exception I can think of is Spies in Disguises where the protagonists both lost their jobs for everything they did to evade capture, although they end up being recruited for a new spy program anyways.