Page 798 of 827 FirstFirst ... 298698748788794795796797798799800801802808 ... LastLast
Results 11,956 to 11,970 of 12392
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Actors are ready to move on. Can't blame Jesse Martin, they've neutered any real strength of his character by removing him as police chief.
    Grant Gustin is going to have less episodes next year per a separate announcement months ago.
    Season 9 needs to be the final one.
    Less episodes for the show in general or him specifically?
    The show in general. Flash is showing that it is nearing creative bankruptcy with the characters they have. It is feeling a lot like Smallville S8-10.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    It's never Cobalt Blue. *wipes tear*
    You know that is the character who shall not be named!!! You might accidently summon that horrible idea back from the depths of hell it was banished too all those years ago.

Mighty Member

Nice surprise from Iris's past.

Deathstorms' origin was pure cosmic horror beauty, and in true Black Lantern fashion he seeks to end the aberration known as life by being an emotional vampire hunting people down in their emotional, grief-stricken, state.

I just realized that the big villains of each arc this season have been 100% CG. Will this streak continue into the final arc? Grodd? Bloodwork? A new CG villain?

At least Caitlin realizes just how badly she screwed up and apologized to Barry, not that it matters much now.

Oh wow, so Tinya was legit trying to kill Iris? I thought she just used her powers to put her out of phase dimensionally, but it was something Tinya could have reverse and Iris wasn't 100% died, but it sounds like her time sickness is the only reason she actually survived. I know she was emotionally distraught, but Phantom Girl is an attempted murderer.

On some level I feel like Joe should still be running the CCPD, but Kramer is doing her level best to be the most captain captain she can be. Although she was an actual police officer? I thought she went from the military to working for the governor, never being an actual cop.

That's probably the most named CCPD officers in one episode.

Cecile always gets to sit in the cool chairs and then end up possessed by villains.

I'm glad Allegra wasn't fooled by Deathstorm posing as Esperanza and didn't get all distraught over her (horrible) cousin. Honestly she talked smack to her (in Spanish!) the way she should have the real Esperanza, even calling her the B-word she was...not to speak ill of the dead, but still.

Welp, so much for Deon helping Iris. He's nothing more than Still Force particles now. Hopefully he can reconstitute himself once all this blows over. It didn't seem like Tinya's mom was actually dead either, at least Deon felt like he could find her at full strength, so that's a positive.

Sue and Joe were the pep talk MVP's of this episode.

The gold boots aren't just for style, now Barry can literally jump on lightning. That's definitely a new way of riding the lightning.

Caitlin has been dating men destined to die for so long that a literal personification of death wants to marry her. It feels very full-circle in that way.

Wow, I was not expecting Chester's intro episode and period being a living black hole to come back and provide the solution for stopping Deathstorm. Also Allegra seemed turned on by Chester talking serious geek.

I guess it makes sense that Firestorm Rogue would ultimately being the solution to stopping an evil version of Firestorm as Frost steps up again for the plan to stop Deathstorm.

I was wondering if Iris' time sickness had somehow sucked Eddie back to the present but the preview for the next episode seems to giveaway it's just Deathstorm messing with her like he'll be messing with everybody on Team Flash.

I really enjoy this Season so far, love the horror story vibes. Just wonder if the real Ronny will come back after all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I really enjoy this Season so far, love the horror story vibes. Just wonder if the real Ronny will come back after all of this.
    After Bloodwork, the show seems to do surprisingly well with horror villains. I guess Zoom was a serial killer too.

I like that every now and then, Flash can still come up with new speed feats. That lightning thing was crazy, but it was cool.

Man, I hope Deon's going to be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just realized that the big villains of each arc this season have been 100% CG. Will this streak continue into the final arc? Grodd? Bloodwork? A new CG villain?
    Hadn't thought about that. If it is, I hope the CG looks good. Isn't Grodd reformed now?

Caitlin has been dating men destined to die for so long that a literal personification of death wants to marry her. It feels very full-circle in that way.
    It does, but she also deserves some romantic success.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    If Ronnie does come back, I want him and Caitlin to stay together.

I want to get caught up on this show but I fell off from watching around season 4-5 in 2017? Whatever the season where Catlin was starting deal with the duel identity of Killer Frost, Grodd and King Shark had just become a major villians . So I am WAYY behind.....

I am so bored with this episode. More anguish, more personal demons,, blah,, blah, blah.. And did Frost get her new powers because of.....wait for it.....the Power of Love? What a twist.

Amended at 9:00, the last 12 minutes were good. RIP Frost, maybe?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-04-2022 at 06:01 PM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Well, that was tragic.

Well, they wasted no time making "revived" Eddie creepy. It's now how I expected/wanted to see him back, but Rick Cosnett played it very well.

The last thing I think this arc needed was Chillame...but, honestly, I was kind of amazed at how well this episode sold his character, his relationship with Frost, how much he loved her, and then his grief at her lost at the very end. Like, jeez, I did not expect to actually feel bad for this guy.

It's nice to see Gideon again, even if seeing her reminds me of the unresolved fate of the other Gideon and makes me kind of sad...

"The Haunting of Team Flash" as the ghosts of the teams' past grief comes back to haunt them once again.

How many times is Barry going to be haunted by his dead mom? It was bad enough with the Speed Force last season. But at least he wasn't fooled for a second, even when Deathstorm tried to make him think he'd lose his whole family again, to the point where Deathstorm had to flood him with the death of everyone he loved (including the Wells' and Ollie) to break him.

"Maltus?" There's your Green Lantern reference, along with another Blackest Night namedrop. I like how...poetic Deathstorm is.

Good thing Deathstorm can still take on his human form so the show can save on the CG budget.

When "Nora" was telling Barry how he didn't save her, I thought she was going to bring up Flashpoint and how he basically helped Thawne kill her. But I guess he's moved past that.

Deathstorm hitting Frost where it hurts...whether she's even "real" and an actual person given she was artificially created and derived from Caitlin. I wasn't expecting Mark of all people to give her a surprisingly effective pep talk to get her out of it and realize love trumps everything.

Wow, the ghosts of their deceased family members are basically doing a better job of making Chester and Allegra realize their feelings than they themselves are.

When you put it that way, yeah, Eddie's sacrifice basically was for nothing. Thawne came back like it was nothing and continued to menace them all. At best Eddie delayed him, gave Barry some character development, and left Iris single for Barry to finally properly woo. Which is kind of sad, but you have to move on.

So Sue's biggest loss was her Nana?

So now we really are just outing Barry in front of anyone even tangentially connected to Team Flash at this point. Like, I get it, Mark's helping, but does he really need to know who The Flash is?

Meet Anti-Deathstorm...AKA Hellfrost, or basically Frost with normal hair. I was honestly expecting a more dramatic makeover. I thought she was going to transform into Firehawk for a second there.

After that dramatic clash of fire between Frost and Deathstorm, it felt a little anti-climactic that he was finally defeated by her just quickly snatching the collider away from him, but I guess the real drama was her absorbing him and the aftermath.

It's kind of ironic that Frost spent so much time trying to be her own person, finding a life for herself outside her original purpose, and trying to truly be alive...and in the end she died doing what she was created to do, protect Caitlin. But the look on her face when she saw Caitlin says it all...Frost was satisfied going out saving her sister.

RIP Frost. And in your honor, here's some ending blue lightning.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

I am indifferent to Frost dying.
    Now if Caitlin had died then that would have been emotional.
    'C'

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    I am indifferent to Frost dying.
    Now if Caitlin had died then that would have been emotional.
    'C'
    I guess Barry doesn't have a Superhero sidekick anymore unless Allegra steps up.

Incredible Member

I guess Barry doesn't have a Superhero sidekick anymore unless Allegra steps up.
    He's got plenty. In addition to Allegra, there is Kristen Kramer. Plus his future kids that can pop into the past anytime they want. An upcoming episode is called "The Curious Case of Bartholomew Allen". Although, it's possible that could actually be a future based ep with no Flash in it.

And since cold powers run in the family, wouldn't be surprising for Caitlin to end up a "Frost" herself.

Well, they wasted no time making "revived" Eddie creepy. It's now how I expected/wanted to see him back, but Rick Cosnett played it very well.
    That was as close as I'm probably ever going to get to Cosnett playing the villain on the Flash, so...I'll take it.

RIP Frost. And in your honor, here's some ending blue lightning.
    I'm curious what they'll do to the body. If they put it in some sort of stasis, I think the ultimate gameplan is for Caitlin to somehow sacrifice herself resurrecting or even merging with Frost.