Page 804 of 827 FirstFirst ... 304704754794800801802803804805806807808814 ... LastLast
Results 12,046 to 12,060 of 12392

It's not that I feel like it has to dominate every waking moment of the show, but Barry really doesn't act like someone whose wife is missing and stuck out-of-time. Like if you hadn't been following the season you'd just think Iris was on vacation.

Even Joe understands why Barry did what he did to Caitlin's lab but thinks he went maybe a bit too far.

Wow, that's probably the most they've talked about Baby Jenna in years. And she's got a Batwoman backpack! That's cute.

So Allegra's not totally inept at maintaining secrecy, her powers let her hide her face from all camera and video, but unless she wants to go public...she really should wear a mask.

I understand the Citizen needs their exclusives, but I feel like going to the police from the get-go would've been maybe the safer option...?

I'm glad they still have a use for the Lian Yu prison ever since Deathstroke broke out. Perfect spot to let Thawne wither away for the rest of his powerless days.

Thawne will never accept that anyone lov...I mean, hates Barry Allen as much as he does. He's almost insulted that Barry thinks he could be jealous of another Speedster because no other Speedster hates Barry with sheer magnitute and fervor that Thawne does. And if that smile at the end is any indication, Thawne has a plan.

Oh hey, they remembered the rest of the Black Hole assassins! I was wondering if we'd ever see them again.

So the Citizen staff knew Allegra was an ex-con but not what gang she used to be in. Classic "try to keep a secret so my co-workers don't judge me only for said secret to come out and for them to completely misconstrue it."

Taylor's such a @#$%^. She only cared about herself and her safety, really, and an excuse to go against Allegra. But at least she came around in the end, which I guess means she's not going to expose Allegra like Barry saw in the Still Force.

I have to admit, Allegra fighting Dr. Light and Sunshine was kind of awesome. But she really needs to get a proper codename.

"You can go." Uh, I get that Allegra just exposed them and their operation and is probably winded, but...shouldn't she at least try to apprehend the dangerous criminals?

So are they just writing Caitlin out for the rest of the season? Again? I wonder if she's really given up on bringing Frost back. I gotta be honest, I'm still not sure if she didn't just lie about going back to live with her mom.

That has got to be the most comedic Speedster chase ever. It was actually kind of cute, especially with Barry enjoying himself.

Meena! It's nice to see her finally popping out of the Williamson run. I wonder if we're going to see Avery again. She was supposed to be working at Fasttrack labs too, as I recall.

So Meena's "assosciate" is obviously Thawne...except it's Matt Letscher Thawne!? He's back!? And is somehow not the Reverse-Flash? The heck is going on? How is Thawne in the present-day? How are there two Thawnes? Is Meena being manipulated? Where is this all going?

Spectacular Member

She was introduced in Justice League of China and New Super-man. Then brought into Flash Rebirth as love interest for Barry while they were trying to make up their mind if Iris was going to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mortari View Post
    She was introduced in Justice League of China and New Super-man. Then brought into Flash Rebirth as love interest for Barry while they were trying to make up their mind if Iris was going to be a thing.
    That's Avery. Meena is a separate character.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Best Allegra story in a long, long time. For the first time in a few seasons I want to see her codename up and become the hero she can be(as alluded to in a prior episode). They finally answered the question of concealing her identity. One I raised myself earlier this season in regards to her and Cecile. Still leaves Cecile unanswered.

The old "I will not tell them 'x' cause I need them to trust me" nugget. Jeez.

None of the other employees, I suppose in the heat of the moment, thought to ask "Does Iris know this about your?"
    Speaking of Iris, no advancement on that story.

Seems sadly obvious they are setting up Meena to somehow be in correspondence with Thrawne. Hopefully not working with however.

Joe and Caitlin now are both fully in the corners of the show. I noticed Panabaker directed this episode.

Chuck gave both a praise and diss to Allegra's leadership, odd.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So are they just writing Caitlin out for the rest of the season? Again? I wonder if she's really given up on bringing Frost back. I gotta be honest, I'm still not sure if she didn't just lie about going back to live with her mom.
    It's a good way to write her out for her pregnancy. I fully expect her to return next season as Killer Frost, due to her still trying to resurrect Frost and it backfiring.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Dr. Meena Dhawan from the comics.

Flash20FastTrack.jpg

Incredible Member

Lot of cringe dialogue around this Allegra-centric episode, but the fight scenes were good at least. The reporter that out to "destroy" her was really over the top, especially with the "better her than me" lines.

Not sure why a Flash visit to Reverse Flash is considered "off the grid". Is there some type of signal blocker surrounding the island to interfere with communications? Even so, the split second travel and 15-30 minute conversation isn't really "off the grid".

Spectacular Member

that's what I get for trying to do it from memory

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Lot of cringe dialogue around this Allegra-centric episode, but the fight scenes were good at least. The reporter that out to "destroy" her was really over the top, especially with the "better her than me" lines.

Not sure why a Flash visit to Reverse Flash is considered "off the grid". Is there some type of signal blocker surrounding the island to interfere with communications? Even so, the split second travel and 15-30 minute conversation isn't really "off the grid".
    I think Lian Yu is pretty "off the grid" which is why it's an effective prison. I guess it's also far enough away that even at Barry's speed he can't be immediately there and back.

Actually, they combined the two. Avery's the JLC girl, but Meena WAS the love interest. The two share the same origin and debuted at the same time.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Actually, they combined the two. Avery's the JLC girl, but Meena WAS the love interest. The two share the same origin and debuted at the same time.
    And now both of them work at the same lab!

Looks like that was a more peaceful resolution to the Allegra plot than I was expecting. And Iris wasn't there for it, I thought she would've been involved somehow.

I loved Barry talking to Thawne, and he kept his mask on which was interesting.

It's not that I feel like it has to dominate every waking moment of the show, but Barry really doesn't act like someone whose wife is missing and stuck out-of-time. Like if you hadn't been following the season you'd just think Iris was on vacation.
    This season is so weird in terms of pacing. I like that there's not a Big Bad they have to show in every episode advancing the plot and not being taken care of until the last episode, but at the same time, they feel like they can put a pause on some plots that logically should carry from episode to episode.

So Meena's "assosciate" is obviously Thawne...except it's Matt Letscher Thawne!? He's back!? And is somehow not the Reverse-Flash? The heck is going on? How is Thawne in the present-day? How are there two Thawnes? Is Meena being manipulated? Where is this all going?
    I think this is probably Thawne from an earlier point in time (yet he still managed to time travel?). What's great about him is they can show his backstory completely out of chronological order. We haven't actually seen his origin, either, we've only heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Best Allegra story in a long, long time. For the first time in a few seasons I want to see her codename up and become the hero she can be(as alluded to in a prior episode). They finally answered the question of concealing her identity. One I raised myself earlier this season in regards to her and Cecile. Still leaves Cecile unanswered.
    Maybe Cecile projects some kind of psychic forgetful aura to anyone who sees her face.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I loved Barry talking to Thawne, and he kept his mask on which was interesting.
    I love that he kept the mask on the whole time.
    I think this is probably Thawne from an earlier point in time (yet he still managed to time travel?). What's great about him is they can show his backstory completely out of chronological order. We haven't actually seen his origin, either, we've only heard about it.
    I wonder if he's not a Speedster yet (but how else would he make it to the present-day)?

This was actually a nice episode, liked the focus on Allegra.

However, I am far more excited about the next one. Matt Letscher returns!

Mighty Member

Kind of funny how they never actually show the Green Lantern ring when Diggle shows up.