Page 805 of 827 FirstFirst ... 305705755795801802803804805806807808809815 ... LastLast
Results 12,061 to 12,075 of 12392

All the build up for Diggle and the Green Lantern Corps- and Dig's like 'Naaaaa'. How useless was that?

Honestly, it never made sense in the first place. Diggle now had two small children at home and was about to start a new life with his family in Metropolis. Why would he throw all of that away just to become a space cop? It was fan service that should have never been done.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    All the build up for Diggle and the Green Lantern Corps- and Dig's like 'Naaaaa'. How useless was that?

Honestly, it never made sense in the first place. Diggle now had two small children at home and was about to start a new life with his family in Metropolis. Why would he throw all of that away just to become a space cop? It was fan service that should have never been done.
    I kind of assumed that he would replace Supergirl as Metropolis' protector as Green Lantern. But I guess sadly not.

So are we ever going to remember the two people trapped in the Speed Force? Y'know, Iris and Tinya's mom? I guess with the cliffhanger at the end the plot is going to force it to become relevant again.

Meena gets her own intro! Cool.

"I'm the fastest woman alive." Well, Trajectory's dead, Jesse Quick doesn't exist anymore, and X-S hasn't been born yet...so without any competition, she's not wrong! Although if she's not faster than Barry, I wonder if Kara could give her a good run for her money.

Cecile's...wait for it...LEVELD UP. Although they don't really explain why or how, but I guess it's so the show has an excuse to make Cecile more of a hero (didn't we have enough of those?).

Matt Letscher returns as Eobard Thawne! Except it's not the Eobard Thawne we knew, but apparently the Flashpoint Thawne the Legends dealt with who got his chance at happiness with a case of August Heart-level amnesia after his dutiful work maintaining the timeline. But will he get his memories back and become the Thawne we know and loathe?

Bearded Diggle! I honestly forgot the last time he and Thawne had screentime it was when he was still posing as Harrison Wells, and then Thawne had to hit Diggle where it hurts with Ollie's death...

Oh hey, Luke! Kind of sad seeing a character from a canceled show.

So all that build up of Diggle becoming Green Lantern or something...and it goes nowhere. He refuses it because it's all about family, like it's a Fast and the Furious movie. I mean, it seems like his obsession with the box and what was in it was hurting his marriage and family, but what was the point of all this other than an excuse to have Diggle guest star in a bunch of shows? Maybe that's the simple reason. It doesn't even set up Justice U at all. Feels like a colossal waste of time. Thawne even threw in a Cosmic Odyssey reference to make it hurt even more. I guess Diggle will never be John Stewart.

Well, knowing Meena has a heart condition and almost died before they gave her powers, I understand now why her speed was so important to her.

I guess the one thing that would prevent Eobard Thawne from wanting to be a Speedster is the love of a good woman. I never expected to see Thawne use the Power of Love to save someone, but that's where the show is at this point.

It was nice to see Ray again. He talks about catching up with Nate over drinks so...the Legends get out of prison? Because I can't think of many opportunities Nate would've had to have to tell him in the final season (sad) of Legends. Even in the timeline Gideon stuck him in it would've been later than the present-day Ray is in.

"I need to find my sword!" - What I wouldn't give for a Sword of the Atom adaption.

Please tell me we're not supposed to take vigilante Cecile seriously. Like, who asked for this? So Cecile's just going to wander around dangerous neighborhood in a leather outfit and whammying people she stumbles onto committing crimes? Looks like she's going to fight Top again too. Like, stick with being a lawyer who keeps feeling stuff Cecile, you actually have a dayjob and kids.

So...is Mark's plan trying to reignite Caitlin's latent powers on the assumption that it will re-awaken Frost or recreate Frost? Like, how does that give them back the old Frost they knew? I feel like it's basically just going to give Caitlin powers again and maybe turn her into Killer Frost, not give them the Frost they want back. Wait, aren't they actually replicating Killer Frost's comic origin?

Did the Negative Speed Force posesses the Negative Still Force to get revenge on Barry? And to do that it's enlisting it's favorite son to help?

It's kinda funny how Letscher-Thawne used to be the one who was an irredeemable, hateable prick and Cavanaugh-Thawne used to be the one with nuance and moral ambiguity, and now the positions are completely reversed, huh?

Anyways, this was probably my favorite episode since a long time. So much stuff happened.

As for John rejecting the Ring, yeha, it did kinda suck from a narrative point of view, but from a character point of view it makes sense, and honestly......better to end this Arc this way than just leave it unresolved, because let's face it: The Verse is gonna die before John will become a Green Lantern.

I think it would be interesting if Letscher-Thawne DID get his memories back, but then chose to be a good person in spite of that.

Spectacular Member Material Flux's Avatar

They probably had a plan before on how that was going to work out, but considering the upcoming end of the Arrowverse, I appreciate that they decided to give this plot line closure instead of leaving it hanging.

I think it would be interesting if Letscher-Thawne DID get his memories back, but then chose to be a good person in spite of that.
    I'm curious if Meena will make it out of this season alive.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm curious if Meena will make it out of this season alive.
    I believe that’s a given. Just 2 episodes left and that’s for dealing with Iris and this time sickness thing. Maybe touch on Cecile and the Frost stuff. They left Thawne and Meena in a good place. I don’t see how they could stuff more of her into these last eps.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    I believe that’s a given. Just 2 episodes left and that’s for dealing with Iris and this time sickness thing. Maybe touch on Cecile and the Frost stuff. They left Thawne and Meena in a good place. I don’t see how they could stuff more of her into these last eps.
    It seems like she gets her comic suit and Thawne and Negative Deon target her next episode.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    As for John rejecting the Ring, yeha, it did kinda suck from a narrative point of view, but from a character point of view it makes sense, and honestly......better to end this Arc this way than just leave it unresolved, because let's face it: The Verse is gonna die before John will become a Green Lantern.
    This is really the best for Diggle and now allows for any GL story to be told unencumbered on HBO Max.

The last 2-3 episodes have seen a return to form for Flash. Still not S1/2 good but much better than the dozen episodes that preceded this little run.

Barry's telling Meena and Eobard about the lightning rod idea that works for him but never, even after that scene with Chuck or anyone circle back to.....what are we going to do to get Iris back?

So, Cecile and that power upgrade at the bank....on camera. Again, how is she now wholly outed at this point. Also, is the power going to her head as we saw in that alley scene and who was spying on her?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

The whole "John as GL" teases were stupid from the get-go and they never should have played along. I think it hurt the character when he's burdened by nonsensical fan service that derailed his natural story.

The possibly interesting thing though was what Thawne said about the source of "the cube" and mentioning the Bleed etc. confirming that it was never a GL ring. I wonder if that's going to be a more important element to the CW-verse coming up.

Also of interest was Cecile's powerset. She was definitely manipulating the emotional spectrum. She saw the robbers draped in a red aura - anger, then when she cast yellow energy at those people, I thought "fear" and yep - they became afraid. When she cast an indigo energy, that person felt regret for their choice in life. Too bad John didn't meet Cecile, another opportunity for fan service to have him in a green aura.

So now Cecile and Allegra both need masks. Do they not like putting masks on characters anymore? (just don't throw on heavy eyeshadow like Alex/Sentinel)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    The whole "John as GL" teases were stupid from the get-go and they never should have played along. I think it hurt the character when he's burdened by nonsensical fan service that derailed his natural story.

The possibly interesting thing though was what Thawne said about the source of "the cube" and mentioning the Bleed etc. confirming that it was never a GL ring. I wonder if that's going to be a more important element to the CW-verse coming up.

Also of interest was Cecile's powerset. She was definitely manipulating the emotional spectrum. She saw the robbers draped in a red aura - anger, then when she cast yellow energy at those people, I thought "fear" and yep - they became afraid. When she cast an indigo energy, that person felt regret for their choice in life. Too bad John didn't meet Cecile, another opportunity for fan service to have him in a green aura.

So now Cecile and Allegra both need masks. Do they not like putting masks on characters anymore? (just don't throw on heavy eyeshadow like Alex/Sentinel)
    Maybe they ran out of costume budget. Or they just don't care.

To be honest Cecile as a vigilante just feels like something you're not supposed to think deeply about.

This episode was really great, and I love the title "yellow tie" call back to the "yellow suit". You need to ignore the stuff with Iris because I think Barry should be in a greater state of worry, but everything with both Thawnes was great. I love continuity, so getting an explanation of Letscher-Thawne since Legends plus the appearance from Ray was a real treat.

I feel like Diggle's story didn't make that much sense when you view all his appearances post-Arrow. Didn't he originally reject the power because of his family but then it wasn't giving him any choice but he can still refuse it? I thought his whole "World's await" thing from Supergirl meant he figured it all out. Thawne said a whole lot of stuff there in his ramblings. A ton of references to DC lore.

It was nice to see Ray again. He talks about catching up with Nate over drinks so...the Legends get out of prison? Because I can't think of many opportunities Nate would've had to have to tell him in the final season (sad) of Legends. Even in the timeline Gideon stuck him in it would've been later than the present-day Ray is in.
    Given the time travel nature of Legends, they could have a full season of adventures and still come back in time to before this episode happens. Between this and the Booster Gold reference, I wonder how much they would've changed if they knew Legends wasn't coming back and whether or not the Flash can resolve some of their story.

Please tell me we're not supposed to take vigilante Cecile seriously. Like, who asked for this? So Cecile's just going to wander around dangerous neighborhood in a leather outfit and whammying people she stumbles onto committing crimes? Looks like she's going to fight Top again too. Like, stick with being a lawyer who keeps feeling stuff Cecile, you actually have a dayjob and kids.
    It's weird how with most superheroes it's such a huge deal as to whether or not they should continue when they become parents. With Cecile, it's a complete non-issue. Her powers make her useful enough to STAR Labs that she doesn't need to be out in the field like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I wonder if there's any chance we'll get some glimpse into an alternate reality Diggle. We know on some Earth somewhere at least one John Diggle is Green Lantern.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That would have been interesting. I'm glad they're going into the GL mythos for Cecile's powers.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It's weird how with most superheroes it's such a huge deal as to whether or not they should continue when they become parents. With Cecile, it's a complete non-issue. Her powers make her useful enough to STAR Labs that she doesn't need to be out in the field like this.
    This reminds me of Alex and Kelly adopting a kid despite both becoming Superheroes which literally means endangering their lives on a daily basis, on a level that's beyond most traditional law enforcement or first responders.

Like shouldn't at least one of them focus on raising the kid?

It seems like she gets her comic suit and Thawne and Negative Deon target her next episode.
    Cavanagh-Thawne. Ugh.

So the goodbye ep he did a while back was to him ever playing a Wells again, he's basically otherwise gonna be with the show till the show ends? Great! for fans, great -_- for me I guess.

Meena's gonna be in both parts of the two part finale, but Letscher-Thawne is only in part 1. Bad feeling about this. But someone unexpected (well, depending on the viewer's perspective) is gonna be in part 2 to make up for it I guess. Cautiously optimistic cause this person, is someone I like seeing even more than Letscher.