Page 817 of 827 FirstFirst ... 317717767807813814815816817818819820821 ... LastLast
Results 12,241 to 12,255 of 12392
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    She just needs to ask Barry if he's ever danced with the Devil in the pale moon light.... and something about rhubarb.
    1989 Joker reference? Nice.

Before it's all over, I'd love one scene of the JLA at the table just having a meeting or a chat/debrief. Maybe Gleek shows up just hanging around, and some indication that the adventures will continue...
    Yeah, that would be pretty cool to see as an ending/epilogue.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Before it's all over, I'd love one scene of the JLA at the table just having a meeting or a chat/debrief. Maybe Gleek shows up just hanging around, and some indication that the adventures will continue...
    If they can get everybody together (maybe even Amell and Benoist) it would be nice, if only for one scene, though I assume the finale will be 98% focused on The Flash and his cast.

Hey, Flash's secret identity actually came into play here! A classic hero in jeopardy at the mercy of his enemies. I liked that bit. And there was a lot of tension with Ryan and Iris.

Strange, I want Joe to move on, but I'm not sure what I want for Cecile. Maybe she needs to lose her powers?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess if this is the last time Javicia Leslie is going to play the character, may as well let her go out saying all the famous Batman lines..."Criminals are a superstitious and cowardly lot," "I am vengeance...I am the night..." "You want crazy? Let's get crazy." Wonder if they'll fit in any more.
    ::checks Batman scorecard:: Has she said "To the Batmobile" yet? I'm hoping she'll call someone "old chum" and talk about her "hammers of justice" at some point.

Chester is actually airing his relationship problems on his chatroom? His buddy even has a ship name for him and Allegra?
    My theory is his buddy is an important character. Guy is clearly a speedster given how quickly he responded to Chester.

Although not only did she fight Hush and her brother (and didn't redeem him) but Simon Hurt? Wow. That's a Morrison pull.
    The Simon Hurt reference was great. Given the Zauriel Morrison church from last season, makes me wonder if someone on staff is just now getting around to reading his work.

We never saw Mark's body, so...then again we left off on him getting stabbed by two people, so not sure if his chances are great. Though maybe he'll see Frost in the afterlife?
    I don't think he's dead. Why even upgrade him to series regular if they're just going to kill him? Unless that was a trick to make us think he was safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Javicia is really hamming it up as Red Death, could use a bit more sublety.
    And less snot.

That would be cool. Although what I'd really love to see is the extended Flash family (Jay, Wally, Nora, Bart) all together.

Arrowverse Creator Regretful Over DC Shows: 'I Really Wasted My Time'

In a new blog post on his personal site, Arrowverse creator Marc Guggenheim got candid about how he can't help but feel he wasted his time working on The CW's many superhero shows.

For those not familiar with his work, the writer and producer co-created Stephen Amell's Arrow, where he then acted as showrunner and writer for a handful of seasons and executive producer on the others.

On top of that, he also wrote for Arrowverse's Vixen, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl—all of which he was also credited as executive producer.

The piece starts out with Guggenheim sharing how, back when The CW's big crossover event, Crisis on Infinite Earths, was being made, a friend of his claimed that his "phone [was] going to ring off the hook."

Despite expectations, as he puts it, Guggenheim's "phone did not, in fact, ring."

"And then there was some other stuff which basically boiled down to me lamenting that although working for DC had been creatively fulfilling, it involved a lot of adversity, challenges, and personal sacrifices — none of which seem to have accrued to any professional benefit. Simply put, the Arrowverse hasn’t led to any other gigs, so it feels — at least on a career level — that I really wasted my time."
    So, if he wasted his time creating this, did we all waste our time watching it?

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

Well, I can understand feeling like you deserve more recognition for putting so much work and effort into high-profile DC Shows, even if it's hard for me to think Guggenheim deserved more recognition.

In a new blog post on his personal site, Arrowverse creator Marc Guggenheim got candid about how he can't help but feel he wasted his time working on The CW's many superhero shows.

For those not familiar with his work, the writer and producer co-created Stephen Amell's Arrow, where he then acted as showrunner and writer for a handful of seasons and executive producer on the others.

On top of that, he also wrote for Arrowverse's Vixen, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl—all of which he was also credited as executive producer.

The piece starts out with Guggenheim sharing how, back when The CW's big crossover event, Crisis on Infinite Earths, was being made, a friend of his claimed that his "phone [was] going to ring off the hook."

Despite expectations, as he puts it, Guggenheim's "phone did not, in fact, ring."

"And then there was some other stuff which basically boiled down to me lamenting that although working for DC had been creatively fulfilling, it involved a lot of adversity, challenges, and personal sacrifices — none of which seem to have accrued to any professional benefit. Simply put, the Arrowverse hasn’t led to any other gigs, so it feels — at least on a career level — that I really wasted my time."
    3:13

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Dove into the final season 9 of The Flash finally. Watched all 4 current episodes at once made for a stronger showing but things still seem creatively down.

The only thing I'm enjoying about all this is how Ryan keeps spouting Batman lines - it's a fun meta-gimmick.
    • It really is the best part. I'd also like to see Lucius, he was one of the best parts of that show. In a perfect world the real OG Batwoman would also have a place but we don't have time for that.
    • Iris feels like she is just going through the motions. I think some of it *maybe* the forced "list" before I'm pregnant trying to convey that at her core she's still annoyed at Barry?
    • The Chester/Allegra kiss was way overdue but now they(writers) are wasting time addressing them as a likely couple through 3 more episodes.
    • Joe is right, go somewhere less dangerous. His concern voiced to Cecile about how Wally and Iris had to grow up not knowing if he'd be home is true. Even after Cecile does her superhero thing I got news for you Joe, Jenna can still have the feeling of being and doing whatever she wants in a less meta dangerous city.
    • At what point do we just make a billboard that says Barry Allen saying the day for Central City everyday as Your Flash Central City!
    • I'm wondering if Dreamer shows up tomorrow night for part two?
    • Combative teams of Rouges seems fun....would be more fun if they ALL were against the Flash but, as noted that should've happened 4 seasons ago.

Let us see if this show can wrap up with a bang. Not just for the show but all of the Arrowverse!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It should be noted that Flash has wrapped production, and Grant has hung up the suit for the final time.

So, something they established it Batwoman is that doppelgangers cannot exist on the same Earth at the same time. Eventually, one or both would die (I'm hazy on that; I know at least one would die). If that's the case- is Earth 1's Ryan dead? Or is one of the reasons the Dopple-Ryan is acting all crazy because her doppelganger is still out there?

It should be noted that Flash has wrapped production, and Grant has hung up the suit for the final time.

So, something they established it Batwoman is that doppelgangers cannot exist on the same Earth at the same time. Eventually, one or both would die (I'm hazy on that; I know at least one would die). If that's the case- is Earth 1's Ryan dead? Or is one of the reasons the Dopple-Ryan is acting all crazy because her doppelganger is still out there?
    Probably a lot for her to be unhinged about .

Incredible Member

Extremely enjoyable episode! Good arc! And it was good to see the actual Batwoman in action one last time!

Mighty Member

When Ryan returned back to Gotham, she encountered some weird teenage boy claiming to be the son of Bruce Wayne and a girl supposedly the daughter of the Joker.

What in the name of Grodd did they do to that gorilla? He was magnificent in the early seasons. Here, he looks like they pulled him from a Playstation 2. You'd think, being the last season, they would have dumped a little more money into the FX budget.

And now I'm actually annoyed. There was a whole plot point in Batwoman Season 2, when Beth's doppelganger from another earth was stranded on Earth Prime after Crisis, and both were slowly dying because there could be only one. Now there's going to be two Ryan's just chilling on this earth, and nothing's going to happen?

It's not a season of The Flash without somebody invading and taking over the CCPD. I had honestly forgotten Kramer had powers, not that it did much for her here. It was kind of funny seeing her get meta-cuffed.

It feels like Barry spends as much time without his speed on this show as he does with it.

Goldface called Mark "Chilllame." He's officially the best character on the show.

Khion says she's going and suddenly all the guys deflate and go along with the plan to walk into an obvious trap. Well, okay Hartley I kind of get because he had an affinity for Khion, and Jacko's the most decent of the bunch...Goldface basically succumbed to peer pressure.

They keep making Cecile OP that I'm half-tempted to wonder if they're going to pull a Dark Phoenix with her, but that's probably too much to expect from this show. At least they didn't pretend she's stronger than Grodd.

How does Red Death know about Bashir? From reading Barry's mind?

They really don't emphasize enough how OP it is that Team Flash can literally portal anywhere now.

I mean, Argus used to get hacked all the time so them beefing up your security was a recipe for disaster.

I wonder if Goldface managed to patch things up with Amunet before he showed up at the end.

Why are we wasting time justifying Khion's existence when we could've been giving Caitlin a proper final season arc? And it seems like she has Frost's powers and Caitlin's medical knowledge given she was able to resuscitate Mark and recognize Iris was pregnant. But isn't the sleeping beauty kiss kind of controversial now? Although it saved Mark's life. Hmm.

I felt like Grodd had to show up at some point in the final season but I wasn't expecting him to be helping Red Death. Was the implication that Ryan had actual telepathic abilities Grodd was enhancing? That was kind of weird.

So it turns out leaving a telepathic super-gorilla on his own without verifying that Gorilla City made the jump to Post-Crisis fully intact or checking in on him was a bad idea. Though it did give Barry an excuse for a Speech Force moment.

Electric Batarang! Electric Shield! Electric grapple! At some point it just makes the Speedsters feel like Black Lightning. I guess the writers have just run out of clever ways to spin vibrations or running fast.

I'm glad the B-list Rogues didn't stop Red Death and it ended up being a Flash/Batwoman team-up and finally let Batwoman go up against her evil double. Even pulled a bit of a "nanites, courtesy of Ray Palmer" maneuver. Although it's weird to think there's an evil alternate version of Ryan Wilder in prison on this Earth. Is there no way to send her back to her own Earth? Or do they assume it's been destroyed because of Crisis?

Ah, the classic "it's a Wednesday" jokes.

So are all of Red Deaths' Rogues still on the loose? They didn't really address that.

Where was Ryan this whole time? She just kind of shows up conveniently and they never address why she went missing. Although she finally meets Barry, starts up a friendship with Iris, and it turns out she's already friends with the ladies from Supergirl. Also that cape transition.

It feels weird how okay Cecile ended up being with her husband taking their kid away so she can only see them on weekends. Like...she won't miss her during the week? What is Cecile planning to be that much work/Superhero-oriented that she doesn't think she'd have any time for her kid who will barely get to see her mom? Or is Cecile just really that keen to have a break on weekends to unwind? I dunno, this seems like an odd dynamic other than justifying writing Joe off.

If this were the comics leaving Grodd to rebuild Gorilla City and re-instill intelligence in his fellow gorilla's would inevitably end badly, but this is probably the last time we'll see Grodd.

It's tough to see Joe leave. The show just won't be the same without him. I'd rather lose Cecile but the shows' priorities are obvious and I guess there really isn't much left for Joe to do other than pep talks.

It felt really weird seeing Mark at Joe's farewell party. Have they even exchanged a single line of dialogue towards each other? Though I guess Barry subscribes to the Toretto rules of Family.

So we have Chester and Allegra hijacking Joe's farewell party to make out and make them official. I mean, great for the shippers I guess. If they actually exist for this pairing.

I wonder if we'll see Iris give birth this season?

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Now that this first arc is over I'm going to let Flash simmer for another 4-5 weeks before checking back in. As uneven as I still feel the show is this mid-season finale was decent.

• I was never a big fan of Batwoman but at least we got an appearance by Batwoman II before winding down the Arrowverse. The real OG Batwoman is still out there though.
    • Chuck and Allegra....finally.
    • Iris pregnant but that reveal just opens up the question of how does Khione(sp) know. What happened with that Snow White kiss that woke up Mark, that thread has to be pulled. Candace Patton still seems to be delivering her lines like a zombie though. I hope this is all method acting leading up to something else. Her body posture is just tight, all around the character(actor?) are not enjoyable.
    • Goldface is the breakout character of the season.
    • I didn't hate the Grodd cgi, worked for me.
    • How is Red Death going to stay on this Earth and not cause some space/time/phase synch issue with Wilder? Good point by @AnakinFlair up thread about Alice from Batwoman S2.
    • Bummer they couldn't get Wally for one day on set for the Joe farewell to the country scene.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

You'll never make it through this final season if you're going to apply attention to detail rules to a CW show.

Any show that deals with time travel and alternate universes can hand-wave anything to move the story where they want.

Pretty sure more rules will be broken before it's over. We already know Arrow is coming back some type of way. So sit back and enjoy the ride!