Page 822 of 827 FirstFirst ... 322722772812818819820821822823824825826 ... LastLast
Results 12,316 to 12,330 of 12392
    www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Oh hey, they mentioned Cisco at ARGUS! Though I'm kind of worried that's the most we'll get with him this season.
    I can only hope and dream this is all we get. With my luck he will show up in like the last scene of the finale ep or some deus ex last second save with some plot convenient ARGUS tech...ugh
    Geek / Gamer / Filmmaker / Indy Pro Wrestler
    @SebastionEnvi (Twitter/Instagram)
    youtube.com/SkunkLifeMedia

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess it says a lot that even after so many years later people at CCPD still remember Eddie. Also, Korber as Captain! It's nice to see her out of uniform.

Oh hey, they mentioned Cisco at ARGUS! Though I'm kind of worried that's the most we'll get with him this season.

Cobalt! They mentioned Cobalt!!!

I can think of only a few people who would care that Mark came back and Khione is probably one of them. It was pretty surreal to see him turn into the guy Team Flash rallies around (doubly ironic becuase he turned out to be a saboteur), but I guess he does owe Barry a lot. When were he and Cecile close though?

She can telelport...she can turn people into plants...she can reduce people to dirt and then re-form them...I mean, it's hard not to think of Khione as an elemental Goddess before they actually had her say as much. Which feels like a bit much, even for this show, though even Khione acknowledges how out of place she is. And how did Caitlin's one experiment to bring Frost back create a Goddess in her body? Also, if Khione is going to leave can she at least give Caitlin her body back? Or maybe her and Frost together since she's a Goddess and all.

Chester was taking it remarkably well that the love of his life was in a coma until Cobalt Mark prodded him about it.

Does anybody actually like hearing Cecile talk about obvious emotional cues and saying she "felt" them?

I guess it was inevitable we'd get at least one tussle between the Speed Force and the Negative Speed Force.

Thanks for doing nothing, security guy.

So this story was happening in parallel to Barry's, judging by the scene of Barry fighting Cobalt Joe while Iris records the message for him and Barry showing up when he did. It's nice of the Negative Speed Force to bring him back to his daughters' birth...except not.

What even is Khione and Mark's relationship? She acts like they were close and he's her best friend even though he mostly just projected Frost onto her and complained about her even when they were "bonding." I guess he was the first person she ever got to know so she kind of imprinted on him, but it feels weird. I also can't tell if they're meant to be platonic or romantic but there's enough weird undertones about this whole story in general.

Malcolm (a name reference to the comic Cobalt Blue) IS Eddie, just apparently transported (and empowered?) into the future with no memory or a whole new life after his corpse got absorbed by the storm at the end of season 1. Did the Negative Speed Force have him back then? Is it trying to activate him as it's final avatar because it's that desperate to beat Barry? It seems like Eddie seeing that Barry basically stole the life he wanted with Iris after he killed himself, bolstered by the Negative Speed Force, will be what turns him into Cobalt Blue and the final boss.
    Yeah, I'd figure as much.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Eddie's storyline is the only interesting thing going on here for me - and I think the actor is killing it in his return to the series.

Mighty Member

I liked that theory on why the Flash museum was located at Star Labs

Poor Future!Korber. I mean, I'm guessing she'll just get poofed back where she left after this is all over, but still.

Everyone ages so well in the future. The only one who really looked their age was Iris.

Allegra's supersuit is so low-effort and Cecile looks utterly ridiculous in hers (no wonder she wanted a new costume). Even her main one was a bit much (I mean, all that blue?). Felt a little too derivative of Dreamer. And when I think Cecile I don't really think "Virtue," like shouldn't they go with something that references her empath or mind powers?

Reverse-Nora!? Well, that was unexpected. Although it was kind of funny how the Negative Speed Force seemed to completely excise Bart from existence. I guess Eddie didn't want a son. Or the Negative Speed Force hates Bart.

It's got to be rough knowing that your death basically meant nothing because the guy you tried to stop came back multiple times and that the woman you loved ended up marrying her adoptive brother who she told you she wasn't going to be with.

Mark shouldn't feel that bad. I mean, they Cobalt Blue'd Barry's dad and daughter.

Couldn't Cecile have just told future Team Flash what was going on? They'd probably believer her.

I find it kind of amusing that Khione basically knows who is the right person to deliver a pep talk in this episode.

Does Cecile really have a good work-life balance going when she only sees her family on the weekends? That still feels like a small sliver of her life. I can totally believe she's a workaholic though, but we've gotta let her commit to being a Superhero even though she's barely done much this season.

Nora plays a villain and megalomaniacal force of nature quite well (again).

Eddie is a good man. But he's a man who lost his life, lost his future, and ended up (in his eyes) not mattering in the grand scheme of things while another man basically got all he wanted in life. And now he sees an opportunity from the one thing that's given him a chance to live and regain what he lost, who wouldn't be tempted? Although obviously the Negative Speed Force was egging him on a lot.

Well, Cecile ends up saving Barry. I guess that's par for the course. Even pulled a Dr. Strange move.

I get where Iris was coming from by being honest and setting boundaries but probably the last thing Eddie wanted to hear was how Iris always really loved Barry more and chooses him and their family over being with Eddie again. That pretty much cemented his Supervillain origin story.

I am kind of morbidly curious what 2049 Barry looks like.

It took 9 seasons and the penultimate episode of the entire show, but powered by the hate and speed of all the evil Speedsters who hate Barry and want him dead (Reverse-Flash! Zoom! Savitar! Godspeed!), Eddie is finally ready to embrace his destiny and become Cobalt Blue as we head into the final episode...the final run...the end of The Flash.

Incredible Member

Three parts into this final 4 part arc and it's been pretty much on the "meh" side for me.

Way too much talking, typical for the Flash show and when they do get into some action, we've basically seen all the various types of speed "tricks" at this point.

Even the ending is telegraphed - high probability that Eddie will sacrifice himself again to save everyone being overcome by negative speed force avatars, thereby giving him purpose and not dying a "nobody" again. And, of course, Iris gives birth to baby Nora and everyone will be around to cheer the event. Fade to black.

Spend about 20 minutes on the Cobalt Blue part and the next 20 wrapping up personal moments: Alegra/Chester, Joe/Cecille, Goddess/Mark and finally giving birth to Nora (while probably bringing back "Big" Nora, too).

It will be good to get one last look at Cavanaugh as Reverse Flash, though, But, yeah, I'm ready for this show to end.

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    Three parts into this final 4 part arc and it's been pretty much on the "meh" side for me.

Way too much talking, typical for the Flash show and when they do get into some action, we've basically seen all the various types of speed "tricks" at this point.

Even the ending is telegraphed - high probability that Eddie will sacrifice himself again to save everyone being overcome by negative speed force avatars, thereby giving him purpose and not dying a "nobody" again. And, of course, Iris gives birth to baby Nora and everyone will be around to cheer the event. Fade to black.

Spend about 20 minutes on the Cobalt Blue part and the next 20 wrapping up personal moments: Alegra/Chester, Joe/Cecille, Goddess/Mark and finally giving birth to Nora (while probably bringing back "Big" Nora, too).

It will be good to get one last look at Cavanaugh as Reverse Flash, though, But, yeah, I'm ready for this show to end.
    At least I feel like the developments with Eddie make sense and is rounding out the series in a way.

I'm just glad Barry wasn't outran by his own daughter .

Incredible Member

Oh boy, this is giving me Supergirl's ending vibes, bringing back all the past main villains, having the final fight and the epilogue for every character after that, Supergirl's final episode was so rushed and looks like Flash will be the same.

At least the army of Speedsters can talk, which is better than Supergirl's Revenge Squad, but who cares about Godspeed and Savitar?

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Oh boy, this is giving me Supergirl's ending vibes, bringing back all the past main villains, having the final fight and the epilogue for every character after that, Supergirl's final episode was so rushed and looks like Flash will be the same.

At least the army of Speedsters can talk, which is better than Supergirl's Revenge Squad, but who cares about Godspeed and Savitar?
    Well, I liked Savitar...

Incredible Member

Well, just for you I hope they don't turn Savitar into a joke :P

And I thought Cecile didn't want to talk too much with future Allegra and Chester because she didn't know if they were controlled by the gem.

I was watching a clip of Barry and Nora running and fighting, and it suddenly came to me. Nothing makes it more obvious that they really wanted to either add a Green Lantern to this show, or work on a Green Lantern show, than Barry and Nora constantly making 'Speed Force Constructs'.

I was okay with them throwing lightning, because I could understand how it would be possible. But speed shields, speed lines, speed lightsabers... it's gotten ri-goddang-diculous. I'd say they jumped the speed shark, but we haven't seen King Shark in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    I was watching a clip of Barry and Nora running and fighting, and it suddenly came to me. Nothing makes it more obvious that they really wanted to either add a Green Lantern to this show, or work on a Green Lantern show, than Barry and Nora constantly making 'Speed Force Constructs'.

I was okay with them throwing lightning, because I could understand how it would be possible. But speed shields, speed lines, speed lightsabers... it's gotten ri-goddang-diculous. I'd say they jumped the speed shark, but we haven't seen King Shark in a while.
    I still don't think it's as bad as how they were doing Dreamer in some of the later Supergirl seasons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post

I really thought they would make Diggle a Green Lantern with all the assets they made for Dreamer and Speedsters' energy constucts. They have done whips, shields, shurikens, batarangs, etc.

I would had been more than excited with just seeing a little green arrow.....or a hand.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Funny enough, Speed Force constructs were Wally West's thing in the comics, given that when his legs were broken, he made what was effectively a full-body cast out of Speed Force energy until he properly healed, and later on, he'd use the Speed Force to generate his Flash suit. Even in the DC Rebirth period when he came back after five years following Flashpoint, he remade a Flash suit with a unique color scheme . . . albeit borrowing somewhat from "Walter West, the Dark Flash."
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    I really thought they would make Diggle a Green Lantern with all the assets they made for Dreamer and Speedsters' energy constucts. They have done whips, shields, shurikens, batarangs, etc.

I would had been more than excited with just seeing a little green arrow.....or a hand.
    You just know they wanted to, but weren't allowed by DC because of the mythical Green Lantern show that's been in development hell for years now.

The sad thing is, if they had just left it how it was at the end of Arrow, that would have been cool. We could all imagine Diggle's adventures as a new Green Lantern. But they decided to bring him back in multiple shows, and to do that they had to show why he WASN'T a Green Lantern, thus making his scene in the Arrow finale pointless. All to probably set up a show that, we now know, will not be happening (at least on the CW).