Page 98 of 827 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198598 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 12392

Loved it. Totally nerded out when Flash put the super speed beat down on Ollie. A little Injustice Gods Among Us moment. I don't really care that they didn't show how they caught Rainbow Raider. I think the point they were trying to make is that he had no chance once the two heroes worked together. The interaction between The Flash Crew and Arrow's team was great as well. Ollie can sense that there's something no quite right about Dr. Wells. All that and a Firestorm appearance! And we got Captain Boomerang tomorrow! It's a good week.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

It's the Rainbow Raider...are people seriously that bent that we did not get some kind of "fight" with him?

Best episode since ever.

Fave moments: the duel, raging Barry, Cisco's Yoda impression, Diggle's face...

If you look back to the beginning of Arrow Season 1, we've traveled a pretty long way.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    I thought Wells said Batman at one point myself, and had to rewind. He actually said "That man" when referring to the Arrow and his vigilante methods.
    It sounded like he said Batman to me, too, but I assumed I heard wrong. Sounds like I was right regarding te latter.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Barry should listen to Ollie.
    I love the moment of Iris talking to Barry about him being friends with Oliver Queen.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    It sounded like he said Batman to me, too, but I assumed I heard wrong. Sounds like I was right regarding te latter.
    I know what that's like.
    I confuse "That Man" for "Batman" sometimes, this episode is not the first time.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Incredible Member

That was AWESOME!!!! I was smiling the entire hour. Excellent mixture of humor, drama, action and special effects. Loved Diggle's reaction to Barry. Honestly, we should see more of that from people who encounter super powers for the first time. Hell, Diggle has even seen super strength first hand and he still couldn't process Barry's abilities. Hilarious!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Slade versus Barry, with Barry trying to protect Oliver's kid for him. That could be a pretty awesome episode.
    I agree. It'll be reminiscent of Slade beating Barry (and several other Justice Leaguers) in the Identity Crisis storyline. A lot of people were pissed off by that. However since TV Flash is seriously scaled down in terms of power, I can see Slade achieving a win over the Flash.

Speaking of beating Flash, I think they did a good job of making it seem plausible that Ollie could beat Barry. A little bit of prep (although I call BS on Ollie being able to set up crossbows in advance) and Flash not taking Arrow seriously was enough to give Ollie the edge.

BANNED

Not a bad episode, I was on the verge of dropping the show since the episodes were becoming very repetitive, but I might give it a few more episodes. I think that this episode was less about Flash fighting GA and taking down the villain. Than it was about Barry realizing that he needs training and maturity. Acting impulsively and flying by the seat of his pants isn't going to cut it. And will get himself killed. Looks as if they're going to jettison the annoying Pollyanna characterization from Iris.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Well, Singh is Pied-Piper's ex-lover in the comics so I expected it.
    In the book, he's quasi in the closet and doesn't make a show of it. I would have preferred that the keep the narrative from the book, so when it's shown that the chief of police is not only involved with a crook but that he's gay would have made an interesting surprise.

Retired

You would think that as a forensic scientist--and apparently one of the best in his field--Barry Allen would be methodical and thoughtful as the Flash, as well. Yet they keep playing him as someone who runs in first before he thinks things through, even though Barry Allen is still late for everything. Maybe being struck by lightning and in a coma for nine months did something to his brain.

I still have this fantasy that Barry and Ed were switched at birth. This would mean that Rick Cosnett's character is really the biological son of John Wesley Shipp's Henry Allen--and maybe Grant Gustin's character is really the biological son of Tom Cavanagh's Harrison Wells. Physically this makes more sense. Maybe in the future, Cosnett's Ed discovers he's really supposed to be Barry Allen, the Flash, and he seeks out to reverse the course of the timeline, but something goes wrong and he ends up killing his own mother.

I suppose that's not a scenario that's likely to happen. But Cosnett fits the Barry Allen character much better than Gustin, and he has a lot of chemistry with Candace Patton's Iris West. Them rolling around in bed together made sense in the last episode--I just can't imagine the same scene with Gustin in Cosnett's place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I suppose that's not a scenario that's likely to happen.
    I would say it definitely, positively won't happen.

Very cool episode. I thought the showdown was well done. It wasn't overwrought, Oliver wasn't a Hong Kong stuntman (excessive flips/jumps/somersaults) and Barry's inexperience was accurate.

Seriously, why can't they use these guys for the JL movie?

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    I would say it definitely, positively won't happen.
    Yeah, that's why, in my post, I said "I suppose that's not a scenario that's likely to happen," because I knew that if I didn't some poster would jump on my post to rub it in my face how delusional is that scenario--even though I made it clear that it was just my fantasy. So I tried to head that off at the pass, by saying it myself first, so no one would say it for me. Guess that strategy didn't work out.

Yeah, that's why, in my post, I said "I suppose that's not a scenario that's likely to happen," because I knew that if I didn't some poster would jump on my post to rub it in my face how delusional is that scenario--even though I made it clear that it was just my fantasy. So I tried to head that off at the pass, by saying it myself first, so no one would say it for me. Guess that strategy didn't work out.
    Heh. I didn't mean to rain on your parade. BTW, I didn't think you were delusional, but only hoping (which is fine with me).

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

And I guess the "Ralph" joke could qualify as another Elongated Man reference.
    I could be wrong, but I think that was a reference to Superman (1978). Lois asks if Superman has a real/first name (I don't have the exact quote), and he replies "Like, Ralph?"
    Last edited by August_Gorman; 12-03-2014 at 03:08 PM.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

Fictional Computer Hacker August_Gorman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I was thinking how strange it is that everyone is fine with imprisoning these metas without due process. These guys are all psychos but Barry and co. are pretty much holding them hostage. They're all still US citizens.
    Yeah, do they get time in the exercise yard? Do they go to the showers? Is there a meal slot in their cells? Do their clothes smell really bad? Is there a more well behaved meta-inmate that delivers the mail and brings around the library cart? What's the deal there?
    Last edited by August_Gorman; 12-03-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    ____

Currently Reading: The Amazing Spider-Man, Attack On Titan, Fight Club 2, On Guard We Stand, Ultimate End
    ____

Gus Gorman: "Hey, man!"
    Lorelei Ambrosia: "That's his last name. He likes to be called Superman."

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    I could be wrong, but I think that was a reference to Superman (1978). Lois asks if Superman has a real/first name (I don't have the exact quote), and he replied "Like, Ralph?"
    I checked that. You're right! Good catch.