Page 99 of 827 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199599 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 12392

Quote Originally Posted by Calighoula View Post
    Very cool episode. I thought the showdown was well done. It wasn't overwrought, Oliver wasn't a Hong Kong stuntman (excessive flips/jumps/somersaults) and Barry's inexperience was accurate.

Seriously, why can't they use these guys for the JL movie?
    Yeah, that was one of the best super hero fights i've seen in a long time.
    They both brought the best of their abilities to the fight.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by August_Gorman View Post
    Is there a more well behaved meta-inmate that delivers the mail and brings around the library cart?
    The prison trustee!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

BANNED

yeah...this was totally Batman Vs Superman but with Arrow In Batman's spot and flash in superman's spot

it was pretty weird that they defeated rainbow raider off screen during a commercial break but i guess the flash/arrow scenes and the drama of barry's life took too much time off the clock

hopefully captain boomerang gets a better showcase on tonight's arrow

Incredible Member

I am quoting someone.

So, Barry can paint a shelter in a couple of seconds, but can't handcuff a dangerous freak or knock Oliver out equally fast? Again making Barry dumb because the plot demands it, is just bad writing.

The fight was lame, instead of wasting time spinning around Ollie because it looks cool (he already did that against the weather freak in the Pilot), Barry could've take him out with a supersonic punch, seems he forgot already. The choreography and the slow motion were poorly executed, Barry hitting all those punches and Oliver's reaction to them looked cartoonish.

Imagine if they do something like this in BvS, I don't think most fans would be pleased. Despite being a tv show with a limited budget, they could've done it better. The freak of the week was, once again, a very weak character, just a plot device to force the Flash vs Arrow fight.

A fight because two characters have a real disagreement is always more interesting than fighting because one of them is just "whammied", which is just lazy writing in the comics and here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    yeah...this was totally Batman Vs Superman but with Arrow In Batman's spot and flash in superman's spot
    V in Batman V Superman stands for a court case not for a fight. So they are not going to fight.

Cool episode. Nice to see a lot of the replies. I liked it for the most part. I did think the duel should have been one sided. The Flash could kill Oliver with one super quick fist and essentially punch through him. Anyways, Diggle's reaction was great. He was really out of character, but not in a bad way. I kept thinking that his attitude was almost as if the Arrow universe itself was just flipped upside down. I felt like Diggle represented what a lot of folks had been speculating, which is if we'll ever see legitimate super powers in that universe. And now that we have, it was just too fantastic of a reality for at least one Arrow character to have to deal with. So I liked that. Even though it was weird for Diggle to act the way he did and keep asking questions throughout the episode about Barry. It was funny though.

I totally forgot that Ronnie was Firestorm Ron. Or rather, that didn't cross my mind. I don't know why. So I guess he's alive right? I do like how Wells figured out that Oliver was The Arrow in about 5 minutes. Seems like he's the only one that can utilize common sense in that show in regards to that. And for some reason I enjoyed the small dialogue Wells had with Oliver telling him he met his dad at a charity event. For some reason that just hit all the right strings with me in regards to the magic you get when you do a crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkKnightReturns View Post
    I am quoting someone.
    That some one forgot that he needed to run miles away for the sonic boom punch? That would give even more time for Green Arrow to prepare.
    Of the fact that he was affected by the rage so he was IN FACT acting stupid?

It was weird that he didnt cover his eyes with something when going for Rainbow man but meh... the fight was too cool so that gets ignored.

Spectacular Member The New Black's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    That some one forgot that he needed to run miles away for the sonic boom punch? That would give even more time for Green Arrow to prepare.
    Of the fact that he was affected by the rage so he was IN FACT acting stupid?

It was weird that he didnt cover his eyes with something when going for Rainbow man but meh... the fight was too cool so that gets ignored.
    Pretty much. If the episode would have ended a few seconds after Flash become infected because he ran around the city and destroyed everyone he had a problem with before they even knew what happened, THAT would have been terrible writing.

There's an element of plot induced stupidity with the Flash to get some decent stories out of the concept. If it infuriates you (generally speaking) that Barry isn't using his superspeed to it's utmost potential, why are you even bothering with the show?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I totally forgot that Ronnie was Firestorm Ron. Or rather, that didn't cross my mind. I don't know why. So I guess he's alive right? I do like how Wells figured out that Oliver was The Arrow in about 5 minutes. Seems like he's the only one that can utilize common sense in that show in regards to that.
    That, or else he's got STAR Labs bugged. I cringed every time Barry and Felicity name dropped Ollie after she'd just been grilled by Wells about the Arrow's identity. Oy.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Why oh why do they insist on sexualizing felicity? Even for the sake of humor?
    Ah, it made sense because of the set up, I suppose, though has Barry not done that with other, non-metas, and it didm't happen?

Very attractive, sexy woman too. Liked that scene, and good comment from Cisco too.

Also, loved the extra special crossover opening. Wonder has Arrow done the same, for its' crossover episode?

Way Barry went slowly bit by bit bad, angry, for a bit, reminded me of the Symbiote, was once it got in fuller swing, moreso of Clark in Smallville and Red Kyptonite.

And yeah, threw me for a blinder that Singh was gay, or in a same relationship/bisexual, what have you. Unexpected. Is he like that in any DC comic universe, or continuity?

Also, anyone reminded of a grumpy Batman and cheery Superman metting, with Arrow and Flash?

And, would I be right in saying this friction with Iris won't last, and is only temporary, whether or not Eddies' vendetta is or not?

Just seems that sort of thing, like in Arrow, or Smallville, where they can't trust them, or be around them, and then in the next episode, a few weeks, months, or year later, they're then okay?

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    I just thought he's a Jew dude. The Police Chief or whatever he is. I never know their titles, just who is above who.
    Joe West, or Singh?

Also, horrible, but clever way around Barrys' speed there, getting him with the explosive arrow, or the arrows from behind. Seemed a very one sided 'fight', if one could call it that, like where Doomsday was probably very over Clark in Smallville. Would be left wondering, if not for ingenuity, or the timely intervention of Wells and West, how Barry could've been stopped, if Olivers' smarts or archery weren't enough.

Or, Iris or Oliver trying to reason with him. And, great and wonderfully geeky conversation on who would win, between Diggle, Cisco and Caitlin. That was nice and very amusing. Didn't expect Johnny to be one getting involved in that, though maybe that was just him defending longtime ally, Oliver, and not wanting such a newly powered hero like Barry to be top of the block.

Liked the Firestorm ending. Glad to see the fiery tease was what I thought it was, especially with Ronnies' picture next to it. Reminded my Dad of Constantine, the way he wielded man made fireballs in the premiere.

Ronnie seemed to really be all over the place there, all hunched over, messed up, very lengthy hair, sweaty face, all that. Nearly enveloped by flame, there, he was. Hope he didn't kill those two fellas, could've easily enough scared them away with all that fire.

Wonder is Martin Stein in there with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    Well, Singh is Pied-Piper's ex-lover in the comics so I expected it.
    Do you think when Pied Piper shows up, his comics relationship with Singh'll be explored?

Also, loved Oliver dissing Barry about the codenames, but him then retorting about Deathstroke and Huntress, which was very clver and, yes, fast of him.

I too loved and noticed the very large, Giant-Man size grin on Barrys' face, due to Olivers' appearance. Kept wondering when the Arrow would show up, with the crossover the big thing for me, rather than Eddie Thawnes' thing, or the Rainbow Raiders' appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I like that they had Rainbow Raider, but I don't like the whole emotional spectrum thing. I think that Geoff Johns stuff is idiotic. So his eyes go red and suddenly everybody gets angry? Silly. I wonder why he didn't try any other colours on people.

But I guess this qualifies as a Green Lantern reference.

And I guess the "Ralph" joke could qualify as another Elongated Man reference.
    Is Rainbow Raider a Green Lantern character or foe?

Yeah, I wonder if Wells knew too, or if he just figured it out as he went along. And, wonder did Felicity suspect anything about the darker nature of Wells there, like Barry seemed to last week, or Bette many an episode ago?

Liked that bit from Oliver when leaving, though, but wonder is that just the way Mister Queen is?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    They skipped that part where they actually caught Rainbow Raider. I guess that it was so obvious, they didn't need to show it--or maybe they had to cut a scene because they were running long.
    Yeah, was a shame that was gone, but nice little dismissive bit from Cisco when leaving, with Bivolo swearing revenge and all that.

Shame that now, Weather Wizard, Multiplex are both death, Plastique, Girder and Blackout supposedly as well.

So, that leaves Rainbow Raider, Mist, Heatwave and Captain Cold, from previously introduced villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Screenshots from Upcoming Promo for Reverse Flash Episode:

You can see both Dr. Wells and Eddie in the pic (Of course, Reverse Flash could just be a future version of either one of them...or past, for Dr. Wells).
    Upcoming promo? Will that be up later today, this week, or next? Understand why it's be an Arrow promo after The Flash this time, for Part 2 of the crossover, but would like one for The Man In The Yellow Suit, very much, even if my main excitement is more crossover, rather than stuff to do with Malcolm, Reverse-Flash, Ras', etc.