Page 102 of 827 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 12392
    Retired

Speaking of Patty Spivot, there's also Angela Margolin. And for Jay Garrick there was scientist Dr. Maria Flura.

I'd also like to see a rivalry between Captain Cold and Heatwave over TV's Dream Girl (Priscilla Varner). And, of course, there's Lisa Snart Star--Len's sister, aka Golden Glider.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyBanks View Post
    It feels like there's another spinoff in the works. Which would be more feasible: The Atom or Firestorm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As for Killer Frost--especially giveh her name--I'm used to her being a villain. I think once Caitlin turns into Killer Frost, it takes the show on that Firestorm track. And like others said, maybe that deserves its own show. They might test the waters on THE FLASH first. I don't think Danielle Panabaker and Robbie Armell want to take the chance on another TV series that doesn't pan out. But given THE FLASH has done even better in the ratings than ARROW for the CW, the network might green light a FIRESTORM series without delay.
    I hope so.

Actually I prefer a different show...a team show - Firestorm, Elongated Man, Fire, Ice and Atom (Flash and Arrow making an appearance occasionally). They could base it on city, like Arrow and Flash...or base it on multiple cities - introduce new cities (Hub City, Ivy Town, Calvin City and Coast City).

Or maybe just have them travel around the world (only problem is that they have to have a mobile headquarters).

So, a CW Justice League.

Although I am wondering what they would call it. Justice League is obviously off limits.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Retired

I guess Super Buddies is out of the question. A super team show would be welcome--maybe Global Guardians or The Club of Heroes. For budget reasons, they would probably have to be in one city. Bludhaven already exists in this universe. Or if they set it in a fictional District of Columbia, they could call it: GLOBAL GUARDIANS: DC.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I don't get the problem that people have with Grant Gustin's Barry Allen. He's clearly played younger than most version of Barry we've seen in the comics and he has some of Wally West's DNA Mixed in there as well (especially the JLU version) but he really does feel like the Flash - with all the geekiness and hyperactivity that often involves. I love the show and Gustin's a huge part of what makes it the treat that it is.

As for this sort-of-two-parter, I absolutely loved the first part and quite liked the second part. I've only watched the first few episodes of Arrow so it's good to see that it clearly improves tremendously over time but it still felt off to me. Aside for the fact that this "Arrow" is much more Batman than Green Arrow, the show seems to be stuck trying to be a darker, more adult show on a network that isn't, by and large a good fit for it at all. Arrow and The Flash are both incredibly corny at times - especially in their dialogue (this ain't exactly Joss Whedon) - but while that corniness not only fits the goofy, bright, comic-booky fun of the Flash but weirdly even enhances it, it really detracts from what Arrow is presumably trying to do. It all just seems just a bit lame to me.

Of course, I'm basing this purely on this one episode but it's interesting that this major reservation I had about the few episodes of Arrow season 1 that I saw doesn't seem to have really gone away. That it more tightly embraces its super hero side clearly helps leaven things out slightly but the whole episode still felt kind of off to me. Am I wrong?

Oh, also, isn't Captain Boomerang supposed to be Australian? I was never sure what accent the actor was doing but it sure didn't sound Australian to me.

Ech, but enough with the complaining, I really do love The Flash (reservations be damned) and I got a huge kick out of this two parter - it's just that a few things niggled at me in the Arrow part that stopped me from loving it in the way I did the Flash part.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Mighty Member

I wonder if Dr Wells knows Amanda Waller? I'd suspect that she's probably aware of the Flash by know.

I guess Super Buddies is out of the question. A super team show would be welcome--maybe Global Guardians or The Club of Heroes. For budget reasons, they would probably have to be in one city. Bludhaven already exists in this universe. Or if they set it in a fictional District of Columbia, they could call it: GLOBAL GUARDIANS: DC.
    Global Guardians is great, but I am not sure they would go with that (especially since Guardians, right now, is synonymous with GOTG). Bludhaven works, coast city is another option.
    DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Or, do like Supernatural, and have essentially the same place be many. Multiple cities, only maybe filming in two/three.

Way to work around it, keep Barry in Central, Oliver in Starling, and some other places too, perhaps. Lot of options, with creativity.

As for Killer Frost--especially giveh her name--I'm used to her being a villain. I think once Caitlin turns into Killer Frost, it takes the show on that Firestorm track. And like others said, maybe that deserves its own show. They might test the waters on THE FLASH first. I don't think Danielle Panabaker and Robbie Armell want to take the chance on another TV series that doesn't pan out. But given THE FLASH has done even better in the ratings than ARROW for the CW, the network might green light a FIRESTORM series without delay.
    I certainly hope so. Be nice is Robbie could be lead in a series that doesn't get cancelled, or at least after the 1st Season. Liked what I got of Firestorm in Brightest Day, so I'm up for a bit more.

Thanks for the explanations, Jim and Cthulu.

Batman's there for one of you, and I'll call one of you any time.

Retired

Vancouver is already doubling for Starling City, Central City, Hong Kong and anywhere else that those two series takes it. Of course, on THE X-FILES, Vancouver had to stand in for a lot of places in the world. And SUPERNATURAL is also made in Vancouver and its environs. Still I think it must tax the production crew, trying to find new locations and build sets all the time. It's a lot easier if there are a few fixed locations for shooting.

I think it would be a gutsy move for DC/WB to plant their flag on the Global Guardians, rather than giving up the field to Marvel.

Ultimate Member

Vancouver is already doubling for Starling City, Central City, Hong Kong and anywhere else that those two series takes it. l.
    Truly, Canada is an alien realm.

Incredible Member

Hawaii used to stand in for places all over the world on "Lost." Hollywood works its magic.

Incredible Member Miraclo__Pill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    I wonder if Dr Wells knows Amanda Waller? I'd suspect that she's probably aware of the Flash by know.
    Lyla can still spill the beans.
    http://grafikarobotnik.tumblr.com/

I survived the 2014 reboot and I didn't even got a lousy t-shirt.

It could be cool if Caitlin does become Killer Frost she could take the hero route rather than villain. A CW Justice League show seems almost imminent with the amount of heroes and vigilantes popping up everywhere. You have Flash, Firestorm, Arrow, Arsenal, Canary, Ted Grant, Cisco, Caitlin, the 5 Star labs employees that are "dead".

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Haha, yes! Hey, wait, what if he's Rip Hunter?
    You know, I noticed this before but the whole Metron idea distracted me. Plus, you know, who takes Rip Hunter seriously? And a man in a wheelchair who can walk just fine does sound kind of Metron.

However, a middle-aged man with futuristic tech who seems obsessed with protecting the integrity of the time stream (yeah, I know, only the future as far as we know)? That is Rip as we last saw him, when he was the son of Booster. Or he could be an aged Booster, but I doubt they would go there. It's the kind of twist that either gets tweaked or, better yet, forgotten.

Plus, the whole red skies Crisis scenario? It ends with everyone who took part forgetting all but the vaguest details and no record, because although it happened, it kind of didn't. I don't remember DC ever getting into what exactly it was that the world does recall, but long story short? Only Rip, Booster, or a god should know the details.

But one detail everyone knows: the Flash died that day. So still getting nowhere. Psych.
    Last edited by thetrellan; 12-05-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Vancouver is already doubling for Starling City, Central City, Hong Kong and anywhere else that those two series takes it. Of course, on THE X-FILES, Vancouver had to stand in for a lot of places in the world. And SUPERNATURAL is also made in Vancouver and its environs. Still I think it must tax the production crew, trying to find new locations and build sets all the time. It's a lot easier if there are a few fixed locations for shooting.

I think it would be a gutsy move for DC/WB to plant their flag on the Global Guardians, rather than giving up the field to Marvel.
    Yeah, I suppose poor Great White North is doing overtime on it all, but doing good stand ins for it all. I actually wish Supernatural'd mix it up a bit more, beyond America, and that one episode with Scotland. Use same place, pretend it's Ireland, Japan, or Spain, and see what the same characters get up to therein.

Yeah, though would Justice League International or something be good for the television, maybe plain Justice League for the films?

And, Cool Thatguy - AWESOME.