Page 104 of 827 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204604 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 12392
    Retired

Eobard Thawne is Professor Zoom in the comics. There have been other Thawnes (it's a large family) and oher Reverse-Flashses. There was another villain called just Zoom. And Jay Garrick had his own version of the Reverse-Flash, who was called the Rival.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Eobard Thawne is Professor Zoom in the comics. There have been other Thawnes (it's a large family) and oher Reverse-Flashses. There was another villain called just Zoom. And Jay Garrick had his own version of the Reverse-Flash, who was called the Rival.
    Think many of those'll be in the show, or film?

Or, would you go in another villainous direction filmwise?

Retired

Mark Waid developed the whole Thawne clan during his FLASH run. If Wells and Eddie turn out to be related--and different people--and/or if the Man in the Yellow Suit is yet another character related to them--then that would indicate that they're going to develop the Thawne family as rivals to the Allens or the Wests. But I think this kind of thing is hard to follow. You can follow it in a comic book, because comics lend themselves to that kind of thing, but it could get quite confusing pretty fast on the TV show, if we have to track the family trees of all the characters.

That was really cool. They played up how Barry is talked down to by the likes of his boss and Oliver, which shows he's going to have to be his own man. Although attacking Eddie like that is going to have major consequences.

Arrow's team interacting with Flash's was funny, particularly the discussion of who would win between Diggle and Cisco. You can't help but to wonder, and Diggle does want to believe Oliver can handle super powered individuals, and he has faith in him after seeing him go up against impossible odds.

I liked Flash's fight against Arrow, it went on longer than I expected. The only thing is, it did kind of stretch credibility that after Flash handled the surprise arrows that he didn't just take Arrow out after he tried to grapple away. The hand to hand thing should've easily and quickly gone to Flash. What they should've done was have Arrow's tranq slow Flash down a bit but not as much as Arrow expected so that Flash is still fast but also kind of woozy and trying to burn that stuff out of his system.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraclo__Pills View Post
    When John Wesley Shipp was casted I was hoping he would play Jay Garrick or at the very least Max Mercury. A shame Wildcat looks so young over in (Green) Arrow 'cause Ted should always be an OLD asskicking machine. Stupid CW and their demographics.
    They could just say that Arrow's Ted Grant was trained by another, older Ted Grant/Wildcat. CW's demographics didn't stop Smallville from having Jay Garrick and Alan Scott and the rest of the older guard...although those were only brief cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by TOXIC View Post
    Why would you need to see a scene with the bad dude at a warehouse, Flash runs around, and arrows with ropes entangle him. An unneeded 10 second scene. That's seriously all that was left. No need to beat people over the head with it.
    Well, it'd be nice to see the heroes actually team-up to stop the bad guy after fighting each other, but I guess that's what the Arrow episode is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    You can see both Dr. Wells and Eddie in the pic (Of course, Reverse Flash could just be a future version of either one of them...or past, for Dr. Wells).
    Considering the backstory with Barry, the Reverse Flash has to be a time traveler regardless, he can still be Eddie or Wells at some point in their lives.

I still have this fantasy that Barry and Ed were switched at birth. This would mean that Rick Cosnett's character is really the biological son of John Wesley Shipp's Henry Allen--and maybe Grant Gustin's character is really the biological son of Tom Cavanagh's Harrison Wells. Physically this makes more sense. Maybe in the future, Cosnett's Ed discovers he's really supposed to be Barry Allen, the Flash, and he seeks out to reverse the course of the timeline, but something goes wrong and he ends up killing his own mother.
    That's not...COMPLETELY out of the question. What if they are fraternal twins? What if Eddie Thawne was actually born Malcolm Allen but was stolen at birth by the Thawne family and grew up to be Eddie Thawne? Could he be, not the Reverse Flash, but in fact...Cobalt Blue?!

Quote Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
    I remember when everyone was anticipating Barry's introduction on Arrow I was looking forward to a jaw-dropping double-take from Ollie the first time he saw the Flash run, and it never came.
    Oliver's response was simply "Cool."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevanjacobjohn View Post
    Actually I prefer a different show...a team show - Firestorm, Elongated Man, Fire, Ice and Atom (Flash and Arrow making an appearance occasionally). They could base it on city, like Arrow and Flash...or base it on multiple cities - introduce new cities (Hub City, Ivy Town, Calvin City and Coast City).
    Would it be too risky for them to do a DC Showcase show? Each episode would be a different character with their own story. In one, the Atom fights crazy crime in Ivy Town, in another, Elongated Man solves a mystery, etc. They can even throw in the Suicide Squad and give them the spotlight for one episode. This universe is getting to be so big, it'd be nice to touch all corners of it.

Quote Originally Posted by thetrellan View Post
    However, a middle-aged man with futuristic tech who seems obsessed with protecting the integrity of the time stream (yeah, I know, only the future as far as we know)? That is Rip as we last saw him, when he was the son of Booster. Or he could be an aged Booster, but I doubt they would go there. It's the kind of twist that either gets tweaked or, better yet, forgotten.
    Wells as Rip Hunter is plausible.

Mark Waid developed the whole Thawne clan during his FLASH run. If Wells and Eddie turn out to be related--and different people--and/or if the Man in the Yellow Suit is yet another character related to them--then that would indicate that they're going to develop the Thawne family as rivals to the Allens or the Wests. But I think this kind of thing is hard to follow. You can follow it in a comic book, because comics lend themselves to that kind of thing, but it could get quite confusing pretty fast on the TV show, if we have to track the family trees of all the characters.
    Eh, the family tree on Once Upon A Time is just as ridiculous and also involves time travel. You can have an Allen/Thawne rivalry that spans generations, especially if Eddie is Cobalt Blue and this Reverse Flash is his descendent from the future.

Loved both episodes of the crossover.
    Arrow's episode is more fun.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

... I want to see more bedroom scenes with ms. patton.

I like the tonal contrast between the too. Cisco pulled out all the wins, but the flash ep. went to diggle all day

Astonishing Member

Professor Zoom is the Reverse-Flash. I think his supervillain name was always supposed to be just Professor Zoom. I don't know how Reverse-Flash came to be a popular alternative, but it seems to be used more now than Professor Zoom.
    The title of the story that Thawne first appeared in from Flash #139 back in 1963 was titled "Menace of the Reverse-Flash". The idea was that he was supposed to be the opposite of the Flash. Whereas Flash fought for law and order, the Reverse-Flash was a crook. He even made sure it was known visually by dying his suit in reversed colors from the Flash suit. He gave himself the name Professor Zoom because his fellow crooks called him "The Professor" because of his scientific leanings. Both names have been used interchangeably and sometimes they've been used together, as in "Professor Zoom, the Reverse-Flash" I think people prefer calling him Reverse-Flash nowadays because they just think the name Professor Zoom sounds kind of silly.

Retired

I think that Infantino had already created a character named Captain Zoom. Some years ago, Carmine was trying to sue for creative rights and he said that he had created this other character on his own, before he was asked to design the new Flash. It's my memory that the name of the character was Captain Zoom--but I could be wrong on that.

It seems to me that Reverse-Flash was just meant to be descriptive. It would be like calling Turtle Man the Slowest Man Alive. Or Mr. Element the Master of the Elements. Or Grodd the Super-Gorilla. Or Vandal Savage the Immortal Villain. Story titles were often descriptive in that way. So I don't think it was the intent that Professor Zoom should have two super-villain names as such.

If calling him Professor Zoom is silly then I'll take that as a challenge and only try to use that from now on when talking about the comic book villain. Well that or Eobard Thawne. But since we don't know who the Man in the Yellow Suit is really supposed to be (he could be Zoom aka Hunter Zolomon), I guess TMITYS (the Man in the Yellow Suit) will have to do for now.

Apparently this next episode is supposed to run two minuites long (on the CW--I don't know if that applies to CTV, as well).

TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

I think that Infantino had already created a character named Captain Zoom. Some years ago, Carmine was trying to sue for creative rights and he said that he had created this other character on his own, before he was asked to design the new Flash. It's my memory that the name of the character was Captain Zoom--but I could be wrong on that.

It seems to me that Reverse-Flash was just meant to be descriptive. It would be like calling Turtle Man the Slowest Man Alive. Or Mr. Element the Master of the Elements. Or Grodd the Super-Gorilla. Or Vandal Savage the Immortal Villain. Story titles were often descriptive in that way. So I don't think it was the intent that Professor Zoom should have two super-villain names as such.

If calling him Professor Zoom is silly then I'll take that as a challenge and only try to use that from now on when talking about the comic book villain. Well that or Eobard Thawne. But since we don't know who the Man in the Yellow Suit is really supposed to be (he could be Zoom aka Hunter Zolomon), I guess TMITYS (the Man in the Yellow Suit) will have to do for now.

Apparently this next episode is supposed to run two minuites long (on the CW--I don't know if that applies to CTV, as well).
    I presume you mean two minutes longer, as two minutes would be too short for such a big episode, with it maybe 45 or so instead, or even 47.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I presume you mean two minutes longer, as two minutes would be too short for such a big episode, with it maybe 45 or so instead, or even 47.
    Yes, Crimson, I don't think anyone actually entertained the possibility that it was only a two minute long episode, lol.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Would it be too risky for them to do a DC Showcase show? Each episode would be a different character with their own story. In one, the Atom fights crazy crime in Ivy Town, in another, Elongated Man solves a mystery, etc. They can even throw in the Suicide Squad and give them the spotlight for one episode. This universe is getting to be so big, it'd be nice to touch all corners of it.
    Great in concept. Might be difficult to sell a studio. You'd have a whole lot of actors to coordinate for limited periods of a given season. You also might have trouble building a broad fanbase if you're jumping around each week.

On the other hand, a show like that could serve as a good launching pad for individual shows. It seems like one of the major networks did something like that back in the 70s. Columbo, McCloud, and McMillan and Wife were all shows that rotated through a weekly mystery movie before being spun out on their own.

More human than human thetrellan's Avatar

Professor Zoom is the Reverse-Flash. I think his supervillain name was always supposed to be just Professor Zoom. I don't know how Reverse-Flash came to be a popular alternative, but it seems to be used more now than Professor Zoom.
    It's Professor Zoom, the reverse flash from the future. He had to be from the future, because the gimmick of reversing the colors on Flash's costume and calling him a villain is, in and of itself, lame even by DC standards of the time.

And, of course, once they had created this villain, who was the opposite of the Flash in all ways, he had to ultimately become his biggest arch-enemy. Hence his progression to an ever darker persona. This should be quite interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Yes, Crimson, I don't think anyone actually entertained the possibility that it was only a two minute long episode, lol.
    Well, if it was The Flash, I guess that'd make sense....